[DER KERNEL] Trinity Seven (4.2/4.3)

Search This thread

Remoteconcern

May 27, 2011
Just turned off force CPU online option, and I'm hoping this explains my bad battery life.

I think this option is turned on by default, which should probably be changed.

Just out of interest, is the same toggle on the Nexus prime trinity kernel also best left as offline for battery? It defaults to online. I always assumed that offline meant you were forcing single core, and now I'm confused.

Thanks guys.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Just turned off force CPU online option, and I'm hoping this explains my bad battery life.

I think this option is turned on by default, which should probably be changed.

Just out of interest, is the same toggle on the Nexus prime trinity kernel also best left as offline for battery? It defaults to online. I always assumed that offline meant you were forcing single core, and now I'm confused.

Thanks guys.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

online means all the CPUs. offline isn't all of them. in the nexus prime, shutting off one CPU might save a little battery, maybe. but at a big loss in performance(rendering issues in the browser/ gallery). I leave it online all the time. in the nexus 7, leaving it online all the time will lead to excessive heat and battery loss. so, while the concept is the same on both devices, it leads to different outcomes. BTW, if you don't enable it in the nexus 7, it'll still go online from time to time, then back. only when the n7 decides it needs all four CPUs. you just don't want to enable it manually, so that they are all running all the time. except for benchmarking :)

Reactions: Remoteconcern

Apothegm

Jan 27, 2010
My N7 doesn't seem to like anything past 1.5, regardless of any settings. But the way I see it... if I can feel or show a performance difference at the stock clock speed then the kernel is an improvement and not a bunch of useless placebo additions masked by overclocking. Morfics kernels have always made my devices better, even without overclocking. So I'm happy even though I won't see 1.6 on my device. :)

However, on my d2tmo... the 1.8xx works like a charm. Thanks for all your hard work morfic.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: simms22

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
11hrubc.png

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Morfic, I know you don't Dev strictly for the money but I will seriously pay for just one Sprint variant S3 kernel. I have TeamViewer so you could work off of my phone. I am not talking $20 either. I will take care of you if you can make one

Current devices: GNex, S3, Ego LTE, and N7

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Morfic, I know you don't Dev strictly for the money but I will seriously pay for just one Sprint variant S3 kernel. I have TeamViewer so you could work off of my phone. I am not talking $20 either. I will take care of you if you can make one

Now your just braggin' lol

n7 corrupted by trinity

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

hmm..
i dont know that i would trust someone named John Corleone to "take care" of me.. :silly:

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
hmm..
i dont know that i would trust someone named John Corleone to "take care" of me.. :silly:

I will donate $50

Where's the 1700+ builds? I am cruising along at 1640...edit...can someone post an Antutu link, shows not compatible

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344137186167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344137186167.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I will donate $50

Where's the 1700+ builds? I am cruising along at 1640

there are none. but there is a 1666 build :D

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

I will donate $50

Where's the 1700+ builds? I am cruising along at 1640

btw, from your screenshot, turn fsync off and turn on force gpu acceleration in developer settings :p

Reactions: JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
there are none. but there is a 1666 build :D

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

btw, from your screenshot, turn fsync off and turn on force gpu acceleration in developer settings :p

Was playing it safe. I wanted to see if it made it through some tests with fsync on

R1ptide

Sep 19, 2011
Getting some lines/artifacts on 37. Had to flash back to stock kernel just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Is the GPU oced in 37?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Getting some lines/artifacts on 37. Had to flash back to stock kernel just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Is the GPU oced in 37?

Yeah, back on 446MHz and while it seems less noticeable, i see the occasional jump on screen , presumably when switching frequencies because it tends to happen within a time frame of not using it, while swiping, opening apps, displaying things it behaves.

Edit: Stock is 416MHz, so it's a measly 30MHz to bring on the glitchyness.

R1ptide

Sep 19, 2011
Yeah, back on 446MHz and while it seems less noticeable, i see the occasional jump on screen , presumably when switching frequencies because it tends to happen within a time frame of not using it, while swiping, opening apps, displaying things it behaves.

Edit: Stock is 416MHz, so it's a measly 30MHz to bring on the glitchyness.

Damn just 30mhz, was hoping for a bit more headroom than that. Granted it doesn't really need more power but it's fun to see how far you can push it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how cold a temp is safe to subject the n7 too? Can't seem to find operating temps anywhere

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Code:
pcm.usbdac {
type hw;
card Audio;
}
ctl.usbdac {
type hw;
card Audio;
}
pcm.!default usbdac

Back up your asound.conf and add this (or for simplicity sake, replace it with this)

This allows me to use my Nexus 7 to play over my Fiio E10 USB DAC, N7 + E10 + HD380 == fun.

it's too late for me to work on combining this with the stock asound.conf

We are lucky, no such file or luck on GN or SGS3 yet, need to first understand how alsa works on those phones.

Okaay

Mar 18, 2012
This kernel is dirty.. check this battery life. On pace for nearly 10hours of on screen! ;S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344149278071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344149278071.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 609
  • uploadfromtaptalk1344149302469.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344149302469.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 588

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files, app and source:

www . der kernel . com

Kernel Source: https://bitbucket.org/morfic/seven

4.3 kernels not feature complete yet.

If you need gapps for 4.3, try hese simms22 approved gapps for 4.3: http://goo.gl/l6ZlFB
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:
    • Build optimizations
    • Performance through research
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
    • Variable GPU OC (ALPHA161 and up) Boots 484MHz, can be adjusted to: 416, 446, 484, 520, 600, 666 and 700 MHz (Interface by Francisco Franco)
    • Currently @ 1700MHz CPU
    • Bull**** Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)
    rasbean4.2 for grouper is up
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=rasbeanjelly&device=grouper

changelog:
    Android 4.2_R1 JOP40C
    intial build
    - Frameworks:
    .power menu: reboot and screenshot
    .rasbeanjelly ui, black background, blue holo glow
    .package verifier enable to false
    .def install non market apps default to true

- Frameworks/Settings:
    .allow volumes to be unlinked
    .make the volume overlay more functional
    .volume rocker wake
    .volume rocker music control
    .option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys
    .volume adjust sound preference

- Settings:
    .expose build date

- Contacts:
    .fix missing December in Date Picker
    here is build 1 of rasbeanjelly for the grouper
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=rasbeanjelly&device=grouper

what you get:
    power widget, status bar tweaks, navigation bar customization, lockscreen targets, volume rocker behaviours.

what you won't get:
    theme chooser, quiet hours, profiles, notification lights, about the developer, donate to me layout

### Flash
    - wipe cache
    - wipe dalvik cache
    - flash zip
    - (opt.) flash kernel since it comes with stock (i would flash trinity)
    - reboot
    - (opt.) push your busybox in the way you want or use Stericson BusyBox
    - fix_permissions
    - (opt.) reboot

## About busybox
    Quote from stericson email: "The free apk, or the binary is fine. Actually, I wish more rom devs included the free version in their roms.
    It would help keeping busybox standard across different roms instead of devs having different tweaked modified version of busybox that don't have all the functionality needed by other applications. Pleasure is all mine. Honored to have an application baked into a rom. :D"

### gapps?
    included

### md5sum
    you can also download the md5sum file and check in TWRP

### Any official thread?
    Support can be found in the trinity kernel thread for your device on xda.

### I am @rascarlo on twitter
    I'll probably just sit tight waiting for 4.2 now.
    Any time I'll find I need to use on the app anyways.
    not only adding the gpu_oc slider, Also widgets, and info dialogs that I've been wanting to add for the longest time need to get done eventually.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    new builds of rasbeanjelly are up on http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=rasbeanjelly

### Changelog

- Lockscreen shortcuts fixes:
    Inability to have contacts/direct dials..etc on lockscreen.
    Multiple activities of same type on stack.

- NotificationPowerWidget:
    Snap widgets. Snap widgets in place, rather than allowing partial widgets. Register only if necessary. New implementation (CustomView). Allow free scrolling, snap when stationary

- New circle battery style (code, no extra png resources)

- Volume adjust sound preference:
    Adjusting the volume makes a nice "boing" sound
    This patch makes this a preference in Settings>Sound>Volume adjust sound>Play sound when adjusting volume with hard keys. The Checkbox is defaulted to ON.

- Unlinking volume fix

- Update music

- Update play store

### FLASH ERROR
    - if you get a flash error in recovery, reboot into bootloader and then into recovery mode. DO NOT reboot recovery when already in recovery: go through bootloader.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium[/QUOTE]