Accidentally tried to update a rooted G2..

Search This thread

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013
Hey guys, I screwed up bad. Im trading my G2 for an M8 tomorow, So I reverted back to my 'stock' restore on TWRP. Not really thinking about it I tried to update to 4.4 directly from the update centre. Now im stuck in a boot loop going into TWRP and it wont let me into the firmware. Can I still follow the thread that tells you how to go back to stock? Im in panic mode right now so im sorry if this has been asked before. Im just writing this so I can maybe get responses while I try and fix it myself.

thanks,
Brandon

EDIT: this back to stock thread is very intimidating. If someone could tell me an easier way (if there is one of course) to get back to stock it'd be appreciated.

poochewer

Jul 14, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Hey guys, I screwed up bad. Im trading my G2 for an M8 tomorow, So I reverted back to my 'stock' restore on TWRP. Not really thinking about it I tried to update to 4.4 directly from the update centre. Now im stuck in a boot loop going into TWRP and it wont let me into the firmware. Can I still follow the thread that tells you how to go back to stock? Im in panic mode right now so im sorry if this has been asked before. Im just writing this so I can maybe get responses while I try and fix it myself.

thanks,
Brandon

EDIT: this back to stock thread is very intimidating. If someone could tell me an easier way (if there is one of course) to get back to stock it'd be appreciated.

If u have a nandroid of your previous setup,simply go into twrp and restore.then do a phone reset and hand it to the phone buyer

Reactions: BrandonShea

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013
If u have a nandroid of your previous setup,simply go into twrp and restore.then do a phone reset and hand it to the phone buyer

it 100% wiped all the restores for some reason. It's absolutely empty and im at 26gb free space now. :(

EDIT: it seems Ocean Host is down at the moment, which isnt helping .T_T

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013
IS there anyway I can just flash a 4.4 D803 telus stock Rom on my phone? If someone has one laying around id appreciate it :))))))

lazer77

IS there anyway I can just flash a 4.4 D803 telus stock Rom on my phone? If someone has one laying around id appreciate it :))))))

100% wiped as in you wiped the internal storage as well.:eek:

Try to adb sideload a rom to atleast get it to boot something? You'll still have to go back to stock tho..

And if someone sends you a stock rom, that won't help you I wouldn't think. You'd still have twrp if you were to flash that. I'm assuming you want it back to 100% stock, right?

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013

Try to adb sideload a rom to atleast get it to boot something? You'll still have to go back to stock tho..

And if someone sends you a stock rom, that won't help you I wouldn't think. You'd still have twrp if you were to flash that. I'm assuming you want it back to 100% stock, right?
No i dont mind having TWRP. I just want 4.4 'stock' D803 rom. As in all the features of 4.4. He knows it is rooted, thats no problem

EDIT: I booted into download mode and rebooted from there. It now goes back into the stock image I had flashed. 4.2.2 LG Skin. he wants 4.4 though is the main issue.

EDIT 2: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...803R20D_00.kdz can I just flash that into recovery?

Last edited:

lazer77

No i dont mind having TWRP. I just want 4.4 'stock' D803 rom. As in all the features of 4.4. He knows it is rooted, thats no problem

EDIT: I booted into download mode and rebooted from there. It now goes back into the stock image I had flashed. 4.2.2 LG Skin. he wants 4.4 though is the main issue.

Well, it's too bad the return to stock scares you. ;) I'm not too sure how it works for your variant, but it was pretty straight forward to do on my D800. If you could return it to stock, then update, you could use towelroot to re-root (takes like 10 secs).

Aside from all that, i'm not too sure what else you could do really.

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013
Well, it's too bad the return to stock scares you. ;) I'm not too sure how it works for your variant, but it was pretty straight forward to do on my D800. If you could return it to stock, then update, you could use towelroot to re-root (takes like 10 secs).

I have the KDZ file, and I have the LG support tool up. if I find out the right usb driver for my phone, cant I use the support tool to essientially flash it back on using the telus 4.4.kdz? or does it not work like that?

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006
I have the KDZ file, and I have the LG support tool up. if I find out the right usb driver for my phone, cant I use the support tool to essientially flash it back on using the telus 4.4.kdz? or does it not work like that?

!. go here this will help with the right tool your should have no problems . Oh yea you have to right click and
run as admin.
2 things make sure your phone is in download mode (Turn off the phone. hold volume up and plug in usb.)
3. make sure your have the RIGHT firmware.
Thank all :good:

Last edited:

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013
go here this will help with the right tool your should have no problems . Oh yea you have to right click and
run as admin.
2 things make sure your phone is in download mode

Great thanks! Do I use normal flash or CSE Flash?

EDIT: Went all the way through that, LG mobile driver thing crashed half way through and now my phone is in download mode on 8% and it isnt moving.

EDIT 2: rebooted and now it working, at 90% now. will update again

Last edited:

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006

CSE will wipe all for clean flash . Thats the way to go. OI have used Cloudyfa stock for D801 T mobile but it did not have WiFi calling so flashed D80120A_00.kdz , over cloudyfa 2.2 stock .You will have to root it . use towelroot apk and let it rain, then autorec for the recover. Good Luck :cool:

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013
CSE will wipe all for clean flash . Thats the way to go. OI have used Cloudyfa stock for D801 T mobile but it did not have WiFi calling so flashed D80120A_00.kdz , over cloudyfa 2.2 stock .You will have to root it . use towelroot apk and let it rain, then autorec for the recover. Good Luck :cool:

Ok so. I did what you said. And it FU******ING WORKED. you're the man. Thank you brother. <333

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks,
    Brandon

!. go here this will help with the right tool your should have no problems . Oh yea you have to right click and
    run as admin.
    2 things make sure your phone is in download mode (Turn off the phone. hold volume up and plug in usb.)