[Taskbar] dafunk Brian's BW [WM 6.5 - WM 6.5.X]

Search This thread

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
This taskbar is my mod from original Bilbobrian's (Brian's) one.
I opened this thread in this section because some people told me to do it because it was a little hard to find, but the taskbar style is the same than the one posted in Blackstone section.

I made from scratch these last 2 versions (WM 6.5 and WM 6.5.X) because the "old" one was a little "dusty" and there were big issues especially in WM 6.5 version, because in the hurry to post it, I cabbed the same *.dlls of WM 6.5.X version :eek::eek:, and the funny thing is that I noticed it only 2 weeks ago :D:D:D
Of course this is the main reason of all these problems.

This time I followed the steps of DarkNinja and I thought to make it "modular", so that there will be more chances to get it working.
Thanks to DarkNinja and his staff.

The taskbar is fully compatible CDMA and GSM.
I don't own a Leo, so I couldn't test it directly, but I have positive feedbacks from many devices: Blackstone, Leo, TP, TP2 and others.

sampleo.png

The image above is from the Blackstone thread, but apart some little modification to some icons, there is nothing really new, except the new custom wait cursor.
Here is the animation...hope you like it :D

waitcursoranim.gif

I will refine this opening post in the next days, just a matter of time, so at the moment I can only post 1 version of WM 6.5. This version has the white windows flag start icon skinned. The other versions with different start icons will be added when ready. I will also post the no_start patch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO ALL OF YOU THAT WANT ONLY THE CUSTOM WAIT CURSOR:

No guys, there is no way to make a cab for only the custom wait cursor.
This is because the custom wait cursor graphics are into the file shellres.192.dll. Into this file reside also many of the taskbar icons and other miscellaneous graphics. If I make a cab with only the file shellres.192.dll and you install it, you will have my wait cursor, but you will have many of my taskbar icons as well. It's good if you use my taskbar (but if you use my taskbar you already have my cursor :D), but if you use another taskbar....you can easily understand what can happen.
So this is why there's no way to make a cab that installs only the cursor.

I'm thinking about to make some colors variations of the cursor, but I think that I will make them for cookers (and who knows how to edit dlls) and I will post the 32bit bitmaps in the Windows Mobile Themes section.

I'm sorry.....but I'm explaining why this is impossible :(

Anyway, many thanks for the great interest for my custom wait cursor ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO INSTALL THE TASKBAR

1) - The taskbar has the certification inside, anyway the safest way to start the installation is to install sdkcert.cab first.

2)- Install the version matching with your OS. If you have the start button in the top left you are on WM 6.5. If you have the start button in the bottom left you are on WM 6.5.X.

3) -If you install the WM 6.5.X version, your volume icons will not be skinned.
You have to download the file dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll Fixes.zip where inside you will find 4 different versions of HTCVolumeControl.dll:

dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 1920.1327.cab
dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 1920.3625.cab
dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 1921.3629.cab
dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 2011.3221.cab

You have to find which works good for you....you can still unistall it and install another fix if the one installed is not good.

4) - If you install the WM 6.5 version your volume icons will be skinned, but if you are experiencing strange issues with volume or similar, try to install the volume fixes how explained above.

5) - Perform a soft reset.

---- If in the place of the volume icons you have a black square, try to install: dafunk BlackBox Volume Fix.cab. ----

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS POST WILL BE COMPLETED IN THE NEXT DAYS,
SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IF FILES AND INFO ARE CHANGING TOO OFTEN​

EDIT: 16 April 2010 18:20
Created a *.zip file containing all the HTCVolumeControl.dll fixes because I added two more different.
I'm becoming a collector :D:D

Hope you like it....

Have fun(k) :D

dafunk

Please don't consider this my mod like "Dafunk's Taskbar".....the credits go entirely to Bilbobrian for his input....I only changed/added a few (a lot :)) of icons.

Many thanks to my friend Santod040 for his help to fix the CDMA.

Attachments

• sdkcert.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
Glad you posted this Dafunk!
My favorite taskbar! ;)

Thanks Santo :D:D
Now that I posted the taskbar I feel lighter.....it was tiring to write such a post LOL
I wonder how Co0kie does to write that kilometric posts like the CHT one.
I guess that if he doesn't have a very strong breakfast he risks to die during the post editing :D:D:D

Anyway...it's done.

Thanks again bud for your kind words ;)

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
May I ask how you unsign, sign and edit your dll's? I have had a problem since like a month back where some dll's just isn't working after I edit them.

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
May I ask how you unsign, sign and edit your dll's? I have had a problem since like a month back where some dll's just isn't working after I edit them.

Sure you can ask! :)
To unsign I use Unsigner, to sign them I use msigner the last version I don't remember where I got it from. The previous version has the certificates expired. If you need it I can attach it.
For editing I use Restorator 2007, but sometimes misteriously it fails to open a *.dll. Then I try to open it with ResHack. Sometimes ResHack open it, sometimes don't....

I don't use PE explorer, because the way I need to use this resources editors, I found Restorator 2007 wonderful.

Feel free to ask artieq :)

Anyway, awesome taskbar....great work mate;)

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
That's really strange, I do exact the same. When I try to edit heavy files such as shellres.192.dll they just break the whole taskbar, some icons don't show up so I have to put back the old one. I can edit MessagingRes.dll and stuff like that, which is strange.. But please upload your msigner folder because it must be something with the signing process.

EDIT: And thanks btw :D Same to you!

saveferris

Jun 4, 2008
Love the work......but its not working on mine, i installed the 6.5.x.... only 1 or 2 icons are showing up(volume and blue tooth) the rest are left blank.

I already have a pre installed taskbar that came with the ROM i'm using, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

The Rom i'm using is Laurentius26 V4.0 WWE Ultimate POWER
CE OS 5.2.23554 (23554.5.5.0)
Base oemdrivers 1.72.831.1 (82124) WWE

Last edited:

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
That's really strange, I do exact the same. When I try to edit heavy files such as shellres.192.dll they just break the whole taskbar, some icons don't show up so I have to put back the old one. I can edit MessagingRes.dll and stuff like that, which is strange.. But please upload your msigner folder because it must be something with the signing process.

EDIT: And thanks btw :D Same to you!

Hi ArtieQ, here my compressed folder of msigner.
Hope you solve your problems :)

Greetz

Love the work......but its not working on mine, i installed the 6.5.x.... only 1 or 2 icons are showing up(volume and blue tooth) the rest are left blank.

I already have a pre installed taskbar that came with the ROM i'm using, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

The Rom i'm using is Laurentius26 V4.0 WWE Ultimate POWER
CE OS 5.2.23554 (23554.5.5.0)
Base oemdrivers 1.72.831.1 (82124) WWE

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
The cooked taskbar with the rom is not a problem. The files are into the ROM, so they cannot be deleted, but can be installed an application or whatever you want that overrides the original files inside the ROM.

But....did you follow the instructions steps carefully?
I can believe some issue on Volume Control, it's a classic, but you are telling that you have no signal, battery etc etc icons....it sounds strange to me :confused:

Attachments

• msigner.zip
    253.2 KB · Views: 66

Hullie NL

Jan 1, 2009
Apeldoorn
Hi Dafunk,

So you released your new taskbar :D

Still very happy with the taskbar and def. will take a run on the white one..looks good too...nice work man !!

ps do you also have the one in green ?? i pm xennytech but no response...

i offen switch to a new homescreen and like to switch also with the taskbars so my looks of the phone doesnt get bored :D

keep up the good work

greetz

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
Hi Dafunk,

So you released your new taskbar :D

Still very happy with the taskbar and def. will take a run on the white one..looks good too...nice work man !!

ps do you also have the one in green ?? i pm xennytech but no response...

i offen switch to a new homescreen and like to switch also with the taskbars so my looks of the phone doesnt get bored :D

keep up the good work

greetz

Hello hullem, nice to "see" you :D

About the Xannytech's mod I don't know...Xanny is a lot of time that has became invisible....he didn't post anymore for about 2 months or so :(

It is possible to recover the files by flashing one of his roms then extracting the dlls with RomExtractor or in another way don't care, so you can take them and make a cab. I should like to do it for you, but my time it's always very limited and I have to go ahead with the NGTV Taskbar....

If I will have a little time after released the NGTV Taskbar will give it a look, but it's not a promise mate :D

thanks hullem,

regards

dafunk

Hullie NL

Jan 1, 2009
Apeldoorn
oke thanks dafunk,

Ill search some info for myself wich files i need and how to make a cab !?
haha no creator just taking al the wonderfull designs here....

take your time and if you dont have it to make it for me its oke

thanks again for the taskbar and letting me testing it !!!

greetz

dub027

Nov 29, 2009
dafunk's NGTV taskbar PREVIEW

testraw.png

This is a quick preview of my new taskbar I'm working on these days.
It's based on the taskbar posted above, so the icons are still the same, but I inverted the colors black/white but keeping the icon border in black.​

What do you think about it?​
:D

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

malhznoi

Dec 1, 2009
Jeddah
dafunk's NGTV taskbar PREVIEW

testraw.png

This is a quick preview of my new taskbar I'm working on these days.
It's based on the taskbar posted above, so the icons are still the same, but I inverted the colors black/white but keeping the icon border in black.

What do you think about it?

:D
WWWWWWOooooooooooWWWWWWWWWWW:eek: It's VERY COOOOOOL MAN can't wait To see it :D

saveferris

Jun 4, 2008
The cooked taskbar with the rom is not a problem. The files are into the ROM, so they cannot be deleted, but can be installed an application or whatever you want that overrides the original files inside the ROM.

I can believe some issue on Volume Control, it's a classic, but you are telling that you have no signal, battery etc etc icons....it sounds strange to me :confused:

My Italian brother......

Install sdcerts................................check
install taskbar in phone memory.........check
Soft reset.....................................check

then after restart all hell breaks lose, no signal, battery, network icons...I thought i did get the volume icon but that was the icon from my previous taskbar

I have tried to take a screen shot but it doesn't allow me to get into main windows menu's. ie: the start button doesn't work.

In desperation i have also tried installing your taskbar straight after a hard reset..... same thing happens. I have never had any issues installing a taskbar with my current ROM before. hahah fun times. :)

Thanks for all your hard work bud.

Last edited:

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
Hi ArtieQ, here my compressed folder of msigner.
Hope you solve your problems :)

Greetz

Thanks for it, I'll try it later :) About the other guy, some cooked ROMs mess up the dll's so the resources aren't always on same place as another ROM etc. It's a pain but if you know how to edit dll's and stuff, you could just extract the ico's from this taskbar and put them on your own dll's.

EDIT: Not working. Start menu icon and signal bars dissapear (it shows that icon which means no signal or something). Can you tell me exactly how you do step by step when putting a new icon into a dll? Thanks.

Last edited:

nomanland1964

Jan 15, 2008
EDIT: Not working. Start menu icon and signal bars dissapear (it shows that icon which means no signal or something). Can you tell me exactly how you do step by step when putting a new icon into a dll? Thanks.

Same problem: I tried to enter your new wait cursor in your old dafunk_mod_28011 but not seen the icons .. tried reshacker, pebuilder, Restorator 2007 but nothing to do...BOH!