[ROM][Unofficial][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid Incredible [6/04/12]

Search This thread

orfius christ

Mar 16, 2012
I'm running your build 3 so will I need a full wipe or can I just flash over it?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
Video recording doesn't work, nor does panorama. Barcode scanning is still a dud as well.
but panoramic works for taking photos, its just buggy. I took a few photos yesterday in panoramic. the camera didnt transfer them to the little gallery preview. then i quit the camera and went to the gallery and those photos were there.

What's new in this latest update? anything significant?

broons

Dec 7, 2010
but panoramic works for taking photos, its just buggy. I took a few photos yesterday in panoramic. the camera didnt transfer them to the little gallery preview. then i quit the camera and went to the gallery and those photos were there.

What's new in this latest update? anything significant?

How are you getting panoramic to work? Every time I try it just force closes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
How are you getting panoramic to work? Every time I try it just force closes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
i have no idea. if i take more than one photo with it, it will force close on me. i snap the photo and hear the shutter click, but nothing shows up in the camera. not even the thumbnail of the gallery. then i back out of the camera and look in the actual gallery and the photo is there. it's strange, but i aint fighting it!

ugzz

Nov 10, 2011
hey guys, new to this rom and loving it so far. i can concur on the netflix error from the buglist, doesnt show video, i get audio for about 2-4 seconds then it just cuts off and freezes on the loading image. tried messing with the gpu acceleration settings and such, no change.

that aside i havnt really hit any major probs, only been a few days though.
but without netflix on the phone, What will i do when i poop?!?

*edit
also i am "not" having any location trouble. just went outside now and i got accurate to 20 meters within a min of turning gps on and after walking about 30 feet down the road it sured up to perfect accuracy

Last edited:

ugzz

Nov 10, 2011
just to note, my backlight is fine, i know the buglist says "certain serial numbers" though so maybe its fine for most?

also, i duno if anyone else is getting this but apparently i am not receiving any type of message with ANYTHING embedded. even an emoticon, plain text is fine, but as soon as someone puts an icon, pic, attachment, or any kinda of multi media it just never gets delivered, and i don't get an error or anything either its like it just never existed.

miketwoms

Aug 9, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
also, i duno if anyone else is getting this but apparently i am not receiving any type of message with ANYTHING embedded. even an emoticon, plain text is fine, but as soon as someone puts an icon, pic, attachment, or any kinda of multi media it just never gets delivered, and i don't get an error or anything either its like it just never existed.

MMS, emoji, etc. work fine for me. in Handcent; not sure if the regular Messaging app has an issue.

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
just to note, my backlight is fine, i know the buglist says "certain serial numbers" though so maybe its fine for most?

i use handcent and everything works fine for me as well.

ugzz

Nov 10, 2011
iphone

looks like the problem is isolated. i dont get any pic messages from a single iphone user on AT&T, but pic messages from iphones on verizon are fine, and all androids seem to be fine.

i finally got to be in the same room as this iphone user and she opens up a new message, takes a pic, attaches, and i get nothing. we did it like 5 times. this makes no sense. did the same thing with another iphone user just like 20 min ago and it was fine.

frustratingly odd

miketwoms

Aug 9, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
looks like the problem is isolated. i dont get any pic messages from a single iphone user on AT&T, but pic messages from iphones on verizon are fine, and all androids seem to be fine.

i finally got to be in the same room as this iphone user and she opens up a new message, takes a pic, attaches, and i get nothing. we did it like 5 times. this makes no sense. did the same thing with another iphone user just like 20 min ago and it was fine.

frustratingly odd

I just got a picture message from an AT&T iPhone last night. It delivered twice by accident, but that could be a ROM or Handcent bug, not sure. Had no trouble with it, though, even worked with wifi connected :)

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
how is this still a pre alpha? I cant think of anything (other than the netflix) that doesnt work well for me. can other folks tell me their bugs so i can see if i have them? Thanks!

EShow

Mar 2, 2011
Seattle
Flashed this ROM earlier in the week, and have been having almost no problems with it. MMS from users on all networks receiver just fine (Go SMS), no camera issues.

There are two particular issues I've been facing that you might be able to help me out with:
  • Battery life. I'm coming from CM7.1 with chad's kernel, and with this being an alpha, I don't expect anything spectacular. However, this is taking almost three or four hours to charge completely to 100%...seems a bit long.
  • I use Smart Keyboard Pro, and at times it just dies while typing - no force closes or anything, it just simply stops working and keys don't register when I press them. I have switched to the default keyboard for the time being, but hopefully someone knows a resolution for this and/or it is a bug being addressed.

This is a great ROM, awesome job to the devs working on it. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
how is this still a pre alpha? I cant think of anything (other than the netflix) that doesnt work well for me. can other folks tell me their bugs so i can see if i have them? Thanks!

The only things I've really noticed :

*I'm noticing browser text reflow simply doesn't work, not in Chrome, stock, or Dolphin hd.
*My optical button scrolls almost too quickly, it's too sensitive. If I want to scroll just one letter in a sentence, it actually scrolls to the beginning of words whereas on every gb/froyo rom I've ever used, it would scroll between letters when I applied the same gesture. I'm guessing this one is courtesy of ICS but I dislike it.

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
The only things I've really noticed :

*I'm noticing browser text reflow simply doesn't work, not in Chrome, stock, or Dolphin hd.
*My optical button scrolls almost too quickly, it's too sensitive. If I want to scroll just one letter in a sentence, it actually scrolls to the beginning of words whereas on every gb/froyo rom I've ever used, it would scroll between letters when I applied the same gesture. I'm guessing this one is courtesy of ICS but I dislike it.

The reflow I'm pretty sure is that the reflow hasn't been built into webkit (rendering engine Android uses).

The optical joystick scrolling - which kernel? I think the sensitivity can be adjusted on the kernel side.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is built from CM9 source with device and Hardware trees based on Evervolv's. There are NO other customizations to this rom, just pure AOSP and CM9.

NOTICE:
    ** This CyanogenMod build is highly experimental and unsupported. Many things may be broken. I offer no guarantees as to this working at all on your phone.

What Works
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi
    • LED notification, Rotation, etc.
    • Panorama
    • Barcode scanning
    What Doesn't
    • Camcorder

Instructions
    1. Download the rom and Gapps from below
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup! Don't blame me if you install this and can't go back.
    4. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    5. Under Mounts/Storage, wipe System
    6. Install the rom
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy

Downloads
    Dev-Host - Build a9
    Mediafire mirror - Build a9
    Gapps
    MD5 for Build a9: 9c0777a3c5462b7de1d16da2664b5e5b

Older releases
    All

NOTICE - HWA is included with the latest KGSL drivers, so the only kernels that work are the stock kernel and others built specifically for the drivers. This includes the latest Incredikernel HWA Beta and mamarley's Beta kernel
    Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 can be found here.
    mamarley's kernel can be found here

What's New
    • New KGSL drivers for smoother HWA
    • Many behind-the-scenes updates for a much smoother experience

Unofficial Changelog
    CM-Nightlies Kang

Credits
    • The CM team for CyanogenMod
    • Evervolv for the device tree, and getting ICS to where it is on the Incredible
    • The Tiamat team for the kernel source and HWA

My Github can be found here.
    I hope you aren't tired of flashing, because I have one more coming your way, and this one is big. The Evervolv team just pushed through some major fixes to the camera HALs just this morning that should enable barcode scanners and panorama mode. Additionally, rywri has just posted a new camera apk with some code that fixes the camera fc when using panorama. Check his thread out here.

What this means for YOU is that I'm (probably) going to put out yet another build today with working barcode scanner and panorama. :D

I've started to experiencing a weird issue with Superuser after upgrading to a7. When prompted, Superuser doesn't remember anything that I've allowed. I had to allow several prompts just to load Titanium Backup. This issues isn't limited to Titanium, but to any app that requires root access. Right now I have Superuser set to automatically allow anything, and I'm not fond of leaving it on that setting. I've tried clearing the cache. They only thing I haven't done is delete Superuser using Titanium (since it's a system app) and then reinstalling it through the market.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

That's odd, it's working for me. I do know that CM made some changes to su recently to try to fix some bugs...
    New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
    Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!
    New Build

New build is out! Get it here.

Changes:
    • CM9 updates
    • Evervolv updates
    • General cleanup

I'm done with finals now, so my dev work should be speeding up. The main thing to work on right now is actually the kernel, so we don't have to rely on outside kernels. Then comes getting the needed changes to the qcom libs into CM. Busy busy!
    New build is up! Various updates from upstream. On my end, I simplified the repo download process, so I'll write a new tutorial on building soon.

Get the new build here.