CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 - Jellytime early build available - Beta3

Search This thread

hlaalu

Nov 24, 2007
I'll probably give this a shot later tonight for the hell of it. Thanks for the work.

So is there any benefit to our tabs on 4.2? It seems to me the only differences between this and the other jelly beans are the camera/gallery and keyboard which we can install on anything. Is there a major performance upgrade or something?

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 7
I'll probably give this a shot later tonight for the hell of it. Thanks for the work.

So is there any benefit to our tabs on 4.2? It seems to me the only differences between this and the other jelly beans are the camera/gallery and keyboard which we can install on anything. Is there a major performance upgrade or something?

The biggie with v4.2 is the ability to create user login accounts to customize the desktop and displayed apps /wallpaper for a shared tablet. Enjoy! --Larry

armada786

Feb 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just to let you know randomblame, the pesky tearing on the navbar is gone. This speaks to the fact that whatever graphical weirdness in the system should be worked out. Since I couldn't find a working gapps package I couldn't try Chrome or anything yet but it holds promise.

mtmerrick

Jan 29, 2011
Merced/San Diego
Gonna wait till this is a bit more stable (audio is a minimum) to flash it, but i just wanted to swing by and say WOW. good job, you're amazing! and congrats on the portal!

Pazzu510

Dec 10, 2010
Great work! Is HDMI functional?

No, HDMI nor sound(HDMI or normal) are functional. I didn't even get the WiFi to work but god it was fluid. I am not a costumed to the UI but I really think is superior to the last one; and if we don't have the memory leak this will be amazing.

Last edited:

eklipze

Mar 5, 2010
Las Vegas
No, HDMI nor sound(HDMI or normal) are functional. I didn't even get the WiFi to work but god it was fluid. I am not a costumed to the UI but I really think is superior to the last one; and if we don't have the memory leak this will be amazing.

Thanks for the quick reply! Looking forward to it. I have 4.2 on my gnex and n7 and absolutely love how buttery smooth it is. massive improvement over 4.1. I mostly use my a500 for mirroring designs during meetings so I'll hold off on flashing this until hdmi is good to go.

ibawanzingee

Dec 8, 2010
thanks for the update, random. this is really cool.

question to anyone who can answer:

https://www.box.com/shared/k27fa2m3oyyiodk0fvto

I think 4.2 may have formatted my device differently, since now when I try to install a .zip from internal storage, I have to navigate thru new folders. it's weird - it's almost like how you can view your desktop on Windows thru desktop or thru users/desktop. I have all of my files in one directory, but if I go into the "0" directory, all the same stuff is there as well. I'm afraid to delete anything. all is ok, everything still works, but now I can't find my titanium backup, since the clockwork mod folder isn't there. can anyone explain this?

thanks.

Last edited:

armada786

Feb 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
thanks for the update, random. this is really cool.

question to anyone who can answer:

https://www.box.com/shared/k27fa2m3oyyiodk0fvto

I think 4.2 may have formatted my device differently, since now when I try to install a .zip from internal storage, I have to navigate thru new folders. it's weird - it's almost like how you can view your desktop on Windows thru desktop or thru users/desktop. I have all of my files in one directory, but if I go into the "0" directory, all the same stuff is there as well. I'm afraid to delete anything. all is ok, everything still works, but now I can't find my titanium backup, since the clockwork mod folder isn't there. can anyone explain this?

thanks.

This isn't a bug. It is how 4.2 handles multiplte users on a single device.

And the next subsequent user would be in /1, then /2, and so on. However, the user that is active would see their directory as /sdcard. I think they're symlinked or something. I wouldn't mess with them until you've restored back to 4.1.x or 4.0.x. Once you restore, just move your files up out of /0 to the root directory.

ibawanzingee

Dec 8, 2010
ok, tyvm. :) fixed.

And the next subsequent user would be in /1, then /2, and so on. However, the user that is active would see their directory as /sdcard. I think they're symlinked or something. I wouldn't mess with them until you've restored back to 4.1.x or 4.0.x. Once you restore, just move your files up out of /0 to the root directory.

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
LMAO, saw this thread and thought someone had just bumped the old .randomeblame thread, then realized its for 4.2...simply amazing randomblame is starting to hit the upper ranks of xda.... and i remember when sooo many people told him not to bother and it was useless making that first port..... and look now he's still in the game and stepping it up too.

kinda jealous i cant even make apps :( lol respect random's!

Reactions: twistedknickers

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
Wifi works for me for awhile the quits. Turning on and off airplane mode fixes it. Plus the quick setting in the status bar works great. Can't wait to see it when audio and you tube videos work. Any chance we can get any 4.2 supersu or anything working so we can give random blame some help. Tried the 4.2 root zip for the nexus devices but I get an error trying to install it in recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2​
    On Iconia a500​
    by Randomblame​

This is an early build there are issues which will be sorted in time.

IMG_20121113_155746.jpg

Problems:
    wifi is a bit wonky still connect in settings then just leave it will continue to loop on connecting if settings is open for some reason
    usb flash drives not yet mounting correctly

working:
    bluetooth pairs with devices now - untested otherwise
    usb mass storage working
    wifi working - see above
    audio working
    sd cards working
    multi user working
    cameras working
    etc

Beta3:
    http://jellytime-iconia.googlecode.com/files/cm-10.1-20121207-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip

Use This Version of Google Apps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip

C5iy5

Im working on a500 WiFi tonight
    OK so I have a 10.1 ROM built today that is finally as stable as the aosp build. I'm gonna look into the wifi weirdness and fix bluetooth and storage and shoot for a new release soon
    CM 10.1 preview

storage mostly works still gotta fix usb disk mounting for flash drives/ external hard drives
    video playback fixed
    cameras working
    wifi still wonky

more to come
    got quick settings working and added the extended power menu features ie reboot reboot/recovery snapshot etc also put together a version of gapps that works perfectly trying to stay busy while I wait for my nexus 4 to arrive today

did I mention audio is working? Uploading Beta 1 now