Stretch old App Screen Size (Samsung Apps not compatible with own hardware).

Search This thread

Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help me please.. (I'll spare you the details of the paths/routes Ive taken, as it will subract you away from initial cause). However, I have tried with Xposed (App Settings), after eventually getting APKTool to work, I've tried to decompile/recompile, and although they all work/install and that, the size isn't changing...

From research, apparently our Note (N7000) uses a xhdpi on a normal screen size.

As you can see from the screenshot below, it's dwarfed in a small frame on a large screen....?? I've read that you can stretch Apps by adjusting the AndroidManifest.xml settings, but I've tried and not had any luck... So hoping someone with more experience maybe able to help?? please :)

Screenshot_2014_01_26_13_17_50.png

http://postimg.org/delete/3xmes6rfi/

Seems strange that Samsung have not tested their Apps to work fully with all their models? As you can't even download the App directly from PlayStore using the N7000. I've had to download it on my ZTE Blade (which works fine) and copy it over...

So whilst I appreciate you may not be able to distribute modified Apps publically, so if anyone can help and either PM the modified version. Or post hints/suggestions on how to make the App stretch full screen, would be most appreciated...

Many thanks, Lister

Attachments

• com.samsung.remoteTV.199.apk
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
You may try to decompile the app and then edit the dimens.xml file and check.. But the AppSettings module should work. Just try lowering the screen size of the app.

Lister Of Smeg

Hi nokiamodeln91,

A-ha, we meet again... Thanks for your help/suggestions.... I did have a little look at this last night, and tried a variety of AndroidManifest.xml settings (previously trying mod this was a challenge, as the XML was encrypted) plus I couldnt decompile (APKTool wasnt working).

However tried various settings below... tried with all screen sizes and density, and forced xhdpi...

Not sure exactly what settings to force??

<supports-screens android:resizeable=["true"| "false"]
android:smallScreens=["true" | "false"]
android:normalScreens=["true" | "false"]
android:largeScreens=["true" | "false"]
android:xlargeScreens=["true" | "false"]
android:anyDensity=["true" | "false"]
android:requiresSmallestWidthDp="integer"
android:compatibleWidthLimitDp="integer"
android:largestWidthLimitDp="integer"/>

AppSettings didnt seem to make any effect either, and I even chose the 1280x800 and fullscreen options....

Not sure what else I can try....??

Can't believe Samsung have not tested this App with their own hardware???

Thanks, Lister

You may try to decompile the app and then edit the dimens.xml file and check.. But the AppSettings module should work. Just try lowering the screen size of the app.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Tried to decompile and different settings but nothing much. Just the main screen stretches but then when you enter the remote, it goes back to small view. There are a lot of not so good review of the app on Samsung site itself.

Reactions: Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Hi nokiamodeln91,

Wow, thanks man... You did better than I did.... I couldnt even get the first screen to stretch/fullscreen, let alone anything else... :(

What chances did ya do, to make that happen??

And yeah, not really read many of the reviews for the App yet. It's annoying, because on my old phone (ZTE Blade) it works fine, fills the screen lovely. And the App itself is actually not bad at all.. Works with my BluRay player perfectly...

However on the N7000 (which Samsung make themselves anyway) neither the phone App works to full screen, nor the Tablet version will even install...??

Is there anyway to hack the Tablet version to get that to install on our N7000?? Happy to provide the APK to that if you wish to have a play...??

Thanks, Lister

Tried to decompile and different settings but nothing much. Just the main screen stretches but then when you enter the remote, it goes back to small view. There are a lot of not so good review of the app on Samsung site itself.

Lister Of Smeg

Hi @nokiamodeln91,

Sorry to bother you again, but with your knowledge in this field vaster (is that a word?) mine.... Was wondering if you was able to take a look at this file for me, and see if there was a way to make this one work on the N7000 ?? As it looks like it has the right graphics/folder layout for our device, in that it supports the XHDPI format...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1naab7

http://www.sendspace.com/delete/1naab7/3b9aa685347a50968e2911a8dd5aad97

However it refuses to install on our device. And if manually copied onto the phone's storage (data/app or system/app) folder, it will show up as installed but when run, crashes out...

Was wondering if you knew what permission/function it is trying to pull/use to say that it can only run on Tablets. Whether this function/feature could be removed, so not dependant on Tablet hardware....

If its too much hassle, please dont worry about it... Just annoying to have a Samsung BluRay player, a Samsung phone, and a Samsung App, and it displays on our screens as though it was created for the first ever SMALL touchscreen phone... lol

Thanks, Lister

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No bud. Can't get it to install. Tried a little mix N match with the phone and tab resources and smali but still can't get it to install. Sorry man. Couldn't be of much help here..