[ROM] Blackhole 4.0 DL30 Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

daavy

Sep 10, 2010
thanks!

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know I am working on releasing Blackhole 4.0, which will be based on the DL30 Froyo ROM, but to do so, and streamline my section of Rom Manager in the process, Current Blackhole ROM downloads will be unavailable for up to 48 hours. When it comes back up, my section of Rom Manager will still be a one-stop-shop for all your fascinate needs: mods, apps, themes, kernels, etc. but I will be cleaning out some older unnecessary stuff, and updating all the apps to their latest versions. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

good stuff, man. keep it up!!

Kamar234

Nov 11, 2009
New York
Thank you so much for your roms. I always look forward to them. If I may make a request, please keep the sns facebook sync up. This rom doesn't have it for some reason, and it only works after installing it from your area. Thanks for everything.

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Woah thanks! I think I'll have to sign up for this because I'm slightly impatient. Have you been working on this for a while? I'm amazed at how fast all this DL30 stuff is popping out.

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Working great so far, although i notice some lag when typing sometimes. Also, I never got a chance to customize anything, did I do something wrong? Some stock apps I wanted are missing but I figure I can probably just restore them from titanium backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do not post ROMs requiring paid memberships for access.
    Working great so far, although i notice some lag when typing sometimes. Also, I never got a chance to customize anything, did I do something wrong? Some stock apps I wanted are missing but I figure I can probably just restore them from titanium backup.

You wouldn't want to restore stock apps from a previous build, they'll be older versions, and possibly incompatible. If you'll let me know which ones you want i can make you an installer for them. I'll have all the latest apps up in Rom Manager as soon as I can.

asking for money to receive a custom rom?:confused::confused::confused:

to me that seems unethical.... if people truly do appreciate what you do, you will get the donations. but forcing people to pay you just so that you can remove certain apks from a rom and connect them to other people's themes & kernels is just absurd.

just my $0.02.

I can understand your misgivings, I really didn't want it to come off this way, I'm really not charging for anything, this is just a way I can give some benefits to the site that is hosting my files for free. I think of it as a benefit for people willing to donate to them and help cover their costs.

Also, if I understand correctly he is not getting any of the cash, the site that is hosting his forum and roms is. I think it is pretty cool to do that to try to send them some cash if he is not getting kickbacks and ok if he is.

In the interest of transparency and so nobody gets the wrong idea I will say that I get a portion of vip membership fees, but I honestly don't know how much yet. The email between myself and the site owner went something like, "How much do you want?" "I'm really ok with nothing, you guys already provide my hosting and forum for free, that's good enough." "Well thanks, but you developers are the reason we have a forum, we'll give you something." If anyone is really interested please PM me and i'll be glad to forward the email chain to you, I really don't want this to give anyone the wrong idea about me or my motives.
    You wouldn't want to restore stock apps from a previous build, they'll be older versions, and possibly incompatible. If you'll let me know which ones you want i can make you an installer for them. I'll have all the latest apps up in Rom Manager as soon as I can.

I can understand your misgivings, I really didn't want it to come off this way, I'm really not charging for anything, this is just a way I can give some benefits to the site that is hosting my files for free. I think of it as a benefit for people willing to donate to them and help cover their costs.

In the interest of transparency and so nobody gets the wrong idea I will say that I get a portion of vip membership fees, but I honestly don't know how much yet. The email between myself and the site owner went something like, "How much do you want?" "I'm really ok with nothing, you guys already provide my hosting and forum for free, that's good enough." "Well thanks, but you developers are the reason we have a forum, we'll give you something." If anyone is really interested please PM me and i'll be glad to forward the email chain to you, I really don't want this to give anyone the wrong idea about me or my motives.

Pleasant and informative response. I've been on here for quite sometime and have not seen many devs respond this way to that accusation. Accusations like that usually lead to the dev leaving the site or giving up development..

+1 for that response
    asking for money to receive a custom rom?:confused::confused::confused:

to me that seems unethical.... if people truly do appreciate what you do, you will get the donations. but forcing people to pay you just so that you can remove certain apks from a rom and connect them to other people's themes & kernels is just absurd.

just my $0.02.

Err he's doing it just for the next 48 hours. Don't be so cynical :rolleyes:
    I honestly am not sure, as I've been using this same exact MP3 since I was on windows mobile. I'll try a different MP3 and see what happens.

I just created an mp3 ringtone with ringdroid on mine and it did the same thing. I'll look into it.