Bell Canada Users: Come in here if you picked up an Atrix today!

Search This thread

leadguy68

Mar 29, 2010
As we all know, the Atrix comes out on Bell in canada today.... we need to find out if it has HSUPA disabled and has the locked boot loader.

Post up your results of a speedtest asap when you get one!

TareX

May 26, 2009
Halifax
I'm gonna go fiddle around with one over my lunch break (in one hour)... here are some concerns I'm trying to have straightened out:

1) Are the icons too small because of the qHD resolution + 4" screen?
2) Are the colors washed out?
3) Is zoomed out text pixelated in the browser (PenTile screen)?
4) How bad is the Motoblur lag?
5) How smooth does flash play in the browser? (I realize it's the non-optimized-for-Tegra Flash 10.1 running)
6) And finally, is it true that Live Wallpapers make it lag?
7) Outdoor viewability?

zizo79

Feb 20, 2011
Eastern PA
I'm gonna go fiddle around with one over my lunch break (in one hour)... here are some concerns I'm trying to have straightened out:

5) How smooth does flash play in the browser? (I realize it's the non-optimized-for-Tegra Flash 10.1 running)
7) Outdoor viewability?

4) download Golauncher, Launcher Pro or Hilauncher and you wont have to worry about BLur..

leadguy68

Mar 29, 2010
I already have my heart set on rooting it, freezing MB, flashing Adeo ROM, and installing Go Launcher.

I'm mainly concerned about the screen, and the resolution.

Screen is great IMHO. Coming from a Dell Streak, Nexus One, Droid X and iPhone 3g this is by far the best screen ive used.

dinan

Oct 28, 2008
Ah you're canadian eh? Haha... I'm gonna go play around with one soon as well... put it through its paces compared to my nexus S =)

7) Outdoor viewability?

leadguy68

Mar 29, 2010

7) Outdoor viewability?

1. Definately not, seems the same as any other android phone
2. Nope, colors are vibrant and look great
3. I havent noticed any problems with text... I read alot of forums and ebooks on mine without issue
4. Not noticable.
5. Quite. Ive watched lots of youtube/flash video with out issue....... very smooth
6. No clue... i dont use them as they're a battery drain
7. Excellent outdoor visability. Probably not the best, but I havent had any issues.

Reactions: TareX

kenio8185

Apr 22, 2010
I'll be picking mine up today, gotta do a few other things first though. Gonna head to the gym today in about 30 minutes (as I do every morning), then I have school till 12:30, then I'm off to pick up the phone. However, I'm getting from a Chinatown store (even though I'm not Asian) since the person there gives me a discount on the phones (on top of my renewal discount), but they sometimes do get phones a little late. If they do have it, the I'll get it, and if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to test out and answer.

One question from me though, what does HSUPA enabled mean? I know what HSUPA is, but if it's enabled, does that mean we get full speed, or does that mean that the speed has been blocked (as with the ATT version of the phone)?

justdrew

Nov 29, 2009
I'll be picking mine up today, gotta do a few other things first though. Gonna head to the gym today in about 30 minutes (as I do every morning), then I have school till 12:30, then I'm off to pick up the phone. However, I'm getting from a Chinatown store (even though I'm not Asian) since the person there gives me a discount on the phones (on top of my renewal discount), but they sometimes do get phones a little late. If they do have it, the I'll get it, and if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to test out and answer.

One question from me though, what does HSUPA enabled mean? I know what HSUPA is, but if it's enabled, does that mean we get full speed, or does that mean that the speed has been blocked (as with the ATT version of the phone)?

it mean we get max hsupa speeds that att allows since the at&t version is restricted in software

dinan

Oct 28, 2008
Just played with one... it's a nice phone. Screen is nice, not sure why people complain about it and I'm very picky with screens. Although they're right about the yellows looking odd, and also green looks pixelated but it's not that bad.

It's decently fast, didn't notice much Bell stuff on it, just the normal Motoblur crap. Put launcher pro on it to test, very smooth so good alternative. Browser pinch to zoom was a bit choppier than my Nexus S for some reason, perhaps it's because it's 2.2 instead of 2.3? Also google maps was choppier when looking at 3D buildings (downtown Toronto) than the Nexus S, probably due to the SGX540 GPU in the Nexus S being as powerful as the Tegra 2's geforce but not having to display as many pixels as the Atrix. Still, it's not that bad, liveable I suppose.

The bottom line for me was do I want a 2.2 phone knowing how much more polished 2.3 is and also giving up 40/mo unlimited EVERYTHING from Wind to pay 55/mo for 1gb of data and only 200 any time minutes on Bell. Right now I'd have to say no, but this is the best phone in the Canadian market right now (I'm excluding the Nexus S).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So i have a motorola atrix test device and i put my att sim in and got 1.7mps upload speeds on speedtest.net app... now granted this phone is not att branded factory unlocked by motorola and no att bloatware.. but it is a atrix and does have a att sim in it and it is not capped!! ..
    hmm, uploads seem to be wonky in Ottawa
    6943/428
    5539/428
    5412/428

turning off GPS and WIFI (not connected) improved the download speed.

7) Outdoor viewability?

1. Definately not, seems the same as any other android phone
    2. Nope, colors are vibrant and look great
    3. I havent noticed any problems with text... I read alot of forums and ebooks on mine without issue
    4. Not noticable.
    5. Quite. Ive watched lots of youtube/flash video with out issue....... very smooth
    6. No clue... i dont use them as they're a battery drain
    7. Excellent outdoor visability. Probably not the best, but I havent had any issues.
    Gonna head to the gym today in about 30 minutes (as I do every morning)
    Congrats on being awesome.
    However, I'm getting from a Chinatown store (even though I'm not Asian)
    Phew. Glad you cleared that up preemptively.
    Just wondering, what keyboard software does the BELL ATRIX come with?

the ATT&T one comes with the Motorola Multiouch one, I'd assume it'd be the same here