Nexus 4 Indonesian Thread

Search This thread

Contivity

Jan 8, 2008
Anaheim
lifein0and1.com
Careful with that case. Acrylic will scratch easily.

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with ParanoidAndroid and Franco.kernel

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

Here's my current homescreen. Current ROM is ParanoidAndroid with Franco.kernel. Using Nova Prime launcher with Vexillum icon pack. Weather/clock widget is Chronus/cLock from CyanogenMod.

ta3usute.jpg

My case scratch quite a lot. At least it's not the back glass. I used poetic bumper before, but doesn't work with the wireless charging orb and it was breaking apart so fast

Sent from my Nexus 4

My case scratch quite a lot. At least it's not the back glass. I used poetic bumper before, but doesn't work with the wireless charging orb and it was breaking apart so fast

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yes, i heard stories about the Poetic bumper problem with the orb. The oem or replica LG Bumper works fine with wireless charging, so people said.

Where did you got that orb btw? Are u in the US?

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Dropped my phone and the screen is scratched, small but still noticeable.

My condolences.

walkingmike

Feb 23, 2013
Dropped my phone and the screen is scratched, small but still noticeable.

Thanks for the share. How bad of a drop was that? I heard on one of the reviews that the nexus 4 is supposed to be very easy to damage if you drop it. But if you only got a scratch from dropping it then it may be tougher than people say it is.

Anyone else scratched the gorilla glass just by normal daily use?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the share. How bad of a drop was that? I heard on one of the reviews that the nexus 4 is supposed to be very easy to damage if you drop it. But if you only got a scratch from dropping it then it may be tougher than people say it is.

Anyone else scratched the gorilla glass just by normal daily use?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

I don't think there's a lot of people who rocks their N4 without any sort of back protection. A dry application back protector is only Rp 30 thousand in kaskus.

Reactions: walkingmike

wathefak

May 12, 2012
Enschede - Jakarta
Do you mean it's bad?

How much including shipping to Indonesia?

I mean I'm satisfied with the quality as it fully protects the whole physical body of your phone. If I'm not mistaken it's around US$8 the shipping cost to Indonesia, you can find the review here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2042556&page=2

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

You mean it's good or bad?

Ebay link?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

I bought it from here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-BLACK-...085892?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item51a60af104

but I think Indonesia is excluded, so the alternative is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-RUGGE...525047?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item35c3c1ce37

ofcourse it's better if you can find this item at local store:good:

Reactions: elzafir
I mean I'm satisfied with the quality as it fully protects the whole physical body of your phone. If I'm not mistaken it's around US$8 the shipping cost to Indonesia, you can find the review here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2042556&page=2

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I bought it from here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-BLACK-...085892?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item51a60af104

but I think Indonesia is excluded, so the alternative is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-RUGGE...525047?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item35c3c1ce37

ofcourse it's better if you can find this item at local store:good:

Ah, do you live in the US?
I'm thinking to get such case for days that I'm required to do field works.

Man, I hope Lifeproof would come to it's senses and make a case for the Nexus 4.

K0WAWA

Feb 19, 2013

Sent from my Nexus 4

are you talking about the nexus orb? how does the poetic bumper prevent the charging when the orb is touching the nexus backside directly?

Yes I live in US. The current car works great with the orb. It's flat and thin enough. I'm thinking of getting the black titanium dbrands when available.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yeah I'm getting the black titanium as well. Can't wait! Probably gonna order it a long with the white carbon and red or blue leather, and pair it with the colored LG replica bumper. Now if only my black leather would arrive soon enough....it's been10 days ffs. Come on, Canada Post, Jakarta is not THAT far.

What do you mean "current car"? For cars, I think there's a third party inductive charging car dock available for sale, saw it somewhere on xda, but it cost at least $100.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

are you talking about the nexus orb? how does the poetic bumper prevent the charging when the orb is touching the nexus backside directly?

CMIIW, but with the Poetic, the phone would not "stick" to the orb, due to the bumper's hard plastic material (as opposed to LG Bumper's rubberized material) and the orb's mechanism of using rubber friction and angled position.

Last edited:

Contivity

Jan 8, 2008
Anaheim
lifein0and1.com

Yeah I'm getting the black titanium as well. Can't wait! Probably gonna order it a long with the white carbon and red or blue leather, and pair it with the colored LG replica bumper. Now if only my black leather would arrive soon enough....it's been10 days ffs. Come on, Canada Post, Jakarta is not THAT far.

With the Poetic, the phone would not "stick" to the orb, due to the bumper's hard plastic material and the orb's mechanism of using rubber friction and angled position.

Just like Elzafir said, the clearance of the back of the poetic bumper is not enough for the width of the orb. The orb requires a contact to a surface to prevent the phone from sliding off the angle.

I'm interested with the black titanium or red leather and when I have that, I most likely will not use any bumper or case. I think the front glass is strong enough against particles that's in my pocket and I hadn't dropped any of my phones so far. I only use the current case because the back glass is supposedly very susceptible to scratches. It's a pity though since I really like the back look of the n4.

Do you know if the LG replica will add significant thickness to the phone? I have no problem with wider but don't like if the phone is thick.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Just like Elzafir said, the clearance of the back of the poetic bumper is not enough for the width of the orb. The orb requires a contact to a surface to prevent the phone from sliding off the angle.

I'm interested with the black titanium or red leather and when I have that, I most likely will not use any bumper or case. I think the front glass is strong enough against particles that's in my pocket and I hadn't dropped any of my phones so far. I only use the current case because the back glass is supposedly very susceptible to scratches. It's a pity though since I really like the back look of the n4.

Do you know if the LG replica will add significant thickness to the phone? I have no problem with wider but don't like if the phone is thick.

Sent from my Nexus 4

In terms of thickness, the LG Bumper would add approx 1mm to both sides of the phone, making the phone to be 11mm thick (naked is 9.1mm). The extra 1mm to both sides is a blessing for me, though, since it would create a "lip" just big enough to prevent the phone touching the surface a table when placed upon one.

In terms of width, it does add considerably more width to an otherwise already wide phone.

Here's the N4 dimensions with and without bumper.

Naked:
Width 68.7mm
Height 133.9mm
Depth 9.1mm

With LG Bumper:
Width 75mm (adds 3.1mm to each sides)
Height 140mm (adds 3mm to each sides)
Depth 11mm (adds 1mm to each sides)

K0WAWA

Feb 19, 2013

Sent from my Nexus 4

i see, so the orb's diameter is bigger than the area poetic does not cover. interesting.

lg replica bumper is not thick at all, based on poetic pics, it seem it's thicker than lg bumpers.

Contivity

Jan 8, 2008
Anaheim
lifein0and1.com
In terms of thickness, the LG Bumper would add approx 1mm to both sides of the phone, making the phone to be 11mm thick (naked is 9.1mm). The extra 1mm to both sides is a blessing for me, though, since it would create a "lip" just big enough to prevent the phone touching the surface a table when placed upon one.

In terms of width, it does add considerably more width to an otherwise already wide phone.

Here's the N4 dimensions with and without bumper.

Naked:
Width 68.7mm
Height 133.9mm
Depth 9.1mm

With LG Bumper:
Width 75mm (adds 3.1mm to each sides)
Height 140mm (adds 3mm to each sides)
Depth 11mm (adds 1mm to each sides)

That sounds like I have to give this replica out official bumper a try. I guess the pics I saw on Google makes it seems that it is thicker than the poetic

i see, so the orb's diameter is bigger than the area poetic does not cover. interesting.

lg replica bumper is not thick at all, based on poetic pics, it seem it's thicker than lg bumpers.

Sent from my Nexus 4

That sounds like I have to give this replica out official bumper a try. I guess the pics I saw on Google makes it seems that it is thicker than the poetic

The replica is quite nice actually. The feel and material is the same with original (even the rubber texture is there). Other users swears that it fits perfectly. My replica is a bit too large on top and bottom, which makes it produce a "creaking" sound when I press the bottom part.

There's a whole thread going on about the replica:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055297

The cheapest one could get is from a seller on Taobao for $12.50 shipped and he has various colors. There's also a replica on Amazon with Shenit brand for $15. Dx-box replica masquerade as original but actually a fake for $25.

I got one for $18 shipped from xda user innumerabilis who ordered the taobao replica in bulk and send it many xda users all over the world.

Last edited:

K0WAWA

Feb 19, 2013
The replica is quite nice actually. The feel and material is the same with original (even the rubber texture is there). Other users swears that it fits perfectly. My replica is a bit too large on top and bottom, which makes it produce a "creaking" sound when I press the bottom part.

mine fits perfectly, it doesn't bent when pressing from all sides. as i previously mentioned, do note that this bumper does not cover the top and bottom chrome bezel completely. you may not 100% satisfied if you are very particular person like me. here's a pic of mine:

uploadfromtaptalk1361767305010.jpg

mine fits perfectly, it doesn't bent when pressing from all sides. as i previously mentioned, do note that this bumper does not cover the top and bottom chrome bezel completely. you may not 100% satisfied if you are very particular person like me. here's a pic of mine:

View attachment 1758757

Probably I'm just unlucky then. Even so, I just ordered a white and a red replica bumper.

Btw, where did you buy your replica?

I never been bothered by the top and bottom chrome bezel showing. I think it's kinda neat. And with the way the buttons are designed to mimic the real buttons, no way I'm moving to a third party bumper.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's try and keep things friendly and on-topic here please guys...
    This is a family forum and people should not be subjected to that sort of language under any circumstances.
    I've cleaned the thread and I don't want to be returning to see that again.

Thanks
    Worth or not, that actually depends.
    For that price you could get a second hand Galaxy S3 or a new HTC One X. Do you appreciate the unlocked bootloader and the rapid community development of the Nexus 4? If you don't have any means to get the N4 from overseas,then I would say, yeah, its worth it. Even at Indonesian price.

But if you have friends or relatives in the US, its not worth it to get it in Indonesia.

Bear in mind that the Bill of Material for all flagship phones (iPhone 5, One X, S3, Nexus 4) are only about $200. Now, if you think getting the S3 or iPhone 5 is worth their current price, then Nexus is also a good deal, even with its $580 price tag. The only reason Google are selling the Nexus 4 for $390, unlike Apple, Samsung, HTC, and LG, is because they are not expecting profits from hardware sales.

Don't think that LG is cheating you for selling it at much higher price than Google. It is Google who is cheating the other phone manufacturers by selling phones at cost.

Its so interesting that there is absolutely no shortage of nexus 4 devices in Jakarta. I just saw at lotte mart they are selling the 16gb nexus 4 for Rp 5,499,000 with 6 and 12 bulan cicilan! Thats like Rp 460,000 per month! And there is a cash back offer up to 1jt.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The shortage is not from LG production.
    It was caused by Google's conservative estimation of the Nexus 4 demand.
    This estimation was based on Samsung Galaxy Nexus' sales (which was abysmal).

Google orders on Nexus 4 (source):

October 2012, 70,000 units. (Sold out on November launch)
    November 2012, 90,000 units. (Sold out on early December)
    December 2012, 210,000 units. (Sold out on January sales)
    January 2013, 1,000,000 units. (Begin selling in February, still in stock)

Of course, LG only supply Google as much as Google orders.
    The deal between LG and Google allows LG to sell the Nexus 4 directly in countries where Google Play Store is not available (for example in Indonesia), because Google only sell the device on the following countries: US, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Spain, and Canada.

For the first 2 months, LG concentrate its production to fulfill Google orders. After the orders were met, LG keep on producing the Nexus 4 for their own sales. So, it's not a surprise to see that in Indonesia the Nexus 4 is available.

The reason why LG is selling the Nexus 4 at much higher price than Google is because Google doesn't expect profit in selling the phone.
    For example, Bill of Material (BOM) for iPhone 5 16GB is $199, Samsung Galaxy S3 is $200, LG Optimus G is $200 (source). Of course, BOM prices does not reflect the real cost of producing the phones. The manufacturers has to pay for factory operation costs, setting up the molds in the machines, electricity, labor, R&D, advertising, etc.

Since the Nexus 4 is identical in specs to the LG Optimus G, it makes sense that Google takes a very small "gross profit" for the Nexus 4. This gross profit is then used for advertising, setting up distribution channels, cover for R&D of developing Jelly Bean for the Nexus 4, etc. It is safe to say that Google doesn't get much money from selling this device. Although it's okay for Google to do that, since it would benefit from Play Store sales and AdSense, LG can't afford this. Therefore, LG has to sell the Nexus 4 at much higher price.
    http://goo.gl/XxRe8 :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 [PA 3.1/Franco r119]
    I don't know about you guys but I am using 3g (and H+) all day and I still get 20% battery at the end of the day. I'm probably unplugged 11-12 hours at a time. If you're having bad battery, try freezing Google Maps, disable gps, bluetooth and wifi when you don't need it. I am also running cyanogenmod nightlies which I update/flash nightly through delta updates. I love this device, i just wish it had 32gb of storage for my music.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for sharing. I could never manage to have the phone last until the end of the day.
    But, then, our definition of "end-of-the-day" could be different.

I always find it useful to answer these few questions when reporting about battery life.
    It creates a level playing field and much better to comprehend than "OMGZ I JUZ GOT 7 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE!" or "OMGOZ NEXUS 4 BATTERY SUX BOLLS".

Here's mine.

Battery Reporting Quiz

1. How long was the phone unplugged?
    Usually my phone last 6-8 hours until it hits 5%.

2. How long was the Screen on Time?
    I use my phone extensively. On Wi-Fi I get maximum 4h30 battery.
    On 3G the most I got was 3h30m, but usually only 2h45m (because Indosat weak signal).

3. What's your brightness settings?
    Native auto-brightness. Tried Lux once, didn't like it.

4. Are you on Wi-Fi or 3G?
    At home always Wi-Fi. Outside always 3G.
    I hate those pesky, slow-ass, password-protected free hotspots.

5. What options did you turn off?
    I always turn Wi-Fi off whenever I'm not home. But I leave 3G on if I'm connected to Wi-Fi.
    GPS and Sync are always on. Bluetooth/NFC always off. Network preference is WCDMA preferred.
    Google Maps location reporting is off.

6. What apps/sync are on?
    Sync on for Facebook, Twitter, Path, Instagram, LinkedIn, Gmail, Skype, Google+, WhatsApp, Line Messenger, imo messenger and Live Score Addicts.
    Dropbox and Google+ automatic photo upload is off when not on Wi-Fi. Google Now is on.

7. How is your usage pattern?
    Most of the time, I'm reading RSS feeds and browsing Reddit or 9GAG.
    I game very seldom. At most only light games like Angry Birds for 10 minutes a day.
    YouTube video only for 10-15 minutes a day. I listen to FLAC with PowerAmp approximately 2 hours with screen off.

8. What is your carrier and data plan?
    Indosat Matrix (post-paid) and on Super3G+ Rp 100,000 (2.5GB)

9. Where do you live and your commute?
    I live in Jakarta. Commute between Pasar Minggu, Sudirman, Senayan, and Pondok Indah.

10. How much is your daily data usage?
    According to 3G Watchdog Pro, my 3G data usage is around 75-100MB/day. Wi-Fi data is around 400-500MB/day.

11. What is your ROM and kernel?
    AOKP Build 3 and Franco.Kernel r80-test-4.2.2

12. Describe your kernel settings.
    I undervolt all across frequencies by -150mV. Set the maximum freq to 1350MHz and minimum to 384MHz.
    Governor is interactive. Scheduling is deadline.

13. What is your CPU bin and Nexus hardware revision?
    Faster and Rev11

14. Did you flash/install anything else, live wallpaper or have root-only apps installed?
    I have four apps running in the background and reside on the notification bar: Battery Widget REBORN!, 3G Watchdog Pro, CPU Stats and Network Speed.
    I also have PackageEnabler set to run on boot. I flashed the AOKP camera and NexusLouder mod. I don't use Live Wallpaper and no widgets on homescreen.

15. How would you describe an "all-day" battery?
    For me, "all-day" would be approximately 18 hours.
    I unplug and go to work at 8AM. Leave work at 6PM.
    Go to dinner or a bar until 10PM. Arrive at home at 11PM.
    Go to sleep and charge my phone at 1AM.

-------------------

I'll just leave the questions here for other people to use.
    Battery Reporting Quiz

1. How long was the phone unplugged?
    2. How long was the Screen on Time?
    3. What's your brightness settings?
    4. Are you on Wi-Fi or 3G?
    5. What options did you turn off?
    6. What apps/sync are on?
    7. How is your usage pattern?
    8. What is your carrier and data plan?
    9. Where do you live and your commute?
    10. How much is your daily data usage?
    11. What is your ROM and kernel?
    12. Describe your kernel settings.
    13. What is your CPU bin and Nexus hardware revision?
    14. Did you flash anything else or have a root-only apps?
    15. How would you describe an "all-day" battery?