[Q] S3 Diagnostics! Soft or Hard bricked?

Search This thread

kurtkarlsson

Nov 24, 2013
So my international i9300 16gb is stuck on a boot loop.
I've always been running stock and no root.
The problems started a couple of weeks ago with the phone freezing up and only being able to reboot by removing the battery.
The last time it froze it just didn't boot up again.
I've tested almost everything. I can flash stock rom through Odin, but some other roms wont write.
After a successful flash of stock rom the boot loop remains and I can only enter Download mode.
I can get in to CWM but the /data folder wont mount. EFS, system and cache seems ok.

I've tried re-partitioning with 3 different pit-files (strangely the one for the 32gb version is what makes me able to get into CWM)

Please tell me it's dead so I can stop wasting time on this ****. :)

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Sounds like SDS, were you running the latest stock rom or an older version? In download mode is there anything in product name?

You probably need a repair, to replace the motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kurtkarlsson

kurtkarlsson

Nov 24, 2013
Don't think it was the latest stock rom, was a long while ago I got an OTA update.
In download mode it says:
Odin mode
Product name: GT-i9300

Every rom i try gets to the boot animation and then freezes and/or loops.
Any idea what hardware is causing this?

Edit: Solved!
Got lucky with one of the oldest stock roms from my carrier, made it into the recovery mode and wiped. After that it booted up so I tried cyanogenmod and it works!

Last edited:

tweetatoo

Dec 31, 2011
Amman
Sudden Death Syndrome. The motherboard is failing. Try repairing the motherboard.
If you are still under warranty, Samsung is very cooperative and may replace it for free, even if rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like SDS, were you running the latest stock rom or an older version? In download mode is there anything in product name?

You probably need a repair, to replace the motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk