don't like new 4.3 keyboard, can revert?

Search This thread

Lord Farkward

Oct 9, 2008
As titled. Don't understand why they would've changed the features of the Xperia keyboard, used to work great from 4.1 to 4.2.2, but now they've changed how it functions...

For example, in old version if the predicted word was wrong you press backspace once and the entire word is deleted. Now it deletes the word letter by letter, takes a lot longer to correct your mistakes...

Is there a way, please? Thanks in advance!

Lord Farkward

Oct 9, 2008
As titled. Don't understand why they would've changed the features of the Xperia keyboard, used to work great from 4.1 to 4.2.2, but now they've changed how it functions...

For example, in old version if the predicted word was wrong you press backspace once and the entire word is deleted. Now it deletes the word letter by letter, takes a lot longer to correct your mistakes...

No one else found the new keyboard annoying?

boyob32

Feb 9, 2012
At first a little, but like anything after using for a little while I now find it more responsive. Plus as with previous versions, it soon picks up your most used words and I rarely have to use the delete key.

If you want the previous version can you not decompile a previous firmware?

Xperia Z

keith456

Jan 3, 2012
australia
i actually like it , i do hate the new white ui throughout though ....
i'm sure you'll be able to push the 4.2 version of the keyboard on 4.3 (possibly)

SalamiQueen

Sep 30, 2012
I AM FEMALE
No one else found the new keyboard annoying?

I still haven't gotten used to it as I used to use the phonepad & T9, the qwerty is just too innaccurate & slow for me, even my tiny small fingers I make more mistakes than I ever did with phonepad! I keep pressing the comma instead of space too which is irritating!
I hope they bring the phonepad option back in next update? I don't know why they removed it, I had a glitch to begin with as when I updated the phone, the phonepad option was there (even when I switched to qwerty to try & changed back) but after a few times, the option disappeared from my phone which was really weird!

Plus - the option is available if you use the chinese keyboard... So I don't know what's wrong lol? :confused:

jagratjoshi

Jan 6, 2014
Android 4.3 keyboard is rubbish

I am jagrat from India. I have Xperia z and zr. I also hate newly Xperia z keyboard.
There are some points to be noticed ;
1.look and quick startup- android 4.3 keyboard very bad than old Xperia 4.2.2 keyboard. Here new key keyboard theme has white background with white keys which creates confuses while typing fast. In response we all know old keyboard starts fast.

2. In old keyboard we had many languages with more suggestions.If you want to type in hinglish there lots of words to be suggested, no need to type more.

3. In new keyboard there is only three suggestions and if you select English and Hinglish they will not be saprate and compiled as bilanguage Now you will get 2 language and only 3 suggestions,- whats funny.

4. Swipe has now also very very bad.If you want to delete word then you have to delete one by one.

5. This is not sufficient There are also much ridiculous funny options like one hand keyboard, set vibration intensity ( are we developer or user...? ), double space to full stop.

6. Change skin when you swipe you will see that swipe effect is noisy not smooth( whats "project butter and smooth UI" shamefully and ridiculous. I am really hopeless and sad for new android)
My both phones and money wasted..!

:crying:

hiteshreal

Apr 24, 2013
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S10+
same prob with 4.3 so i downgrade to 4.2 and its good to root

same prob with 4.3 so i downgrade to 4.2 and its good to roo

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I am jagrat from India. I have Xperia z and zr. I also hate newly Xperia z keyboard.
There are some points to be noticed ;
1.look and quick startup- android 4.3 keyboard very bad than old Xperia 4.2.2 keyboard. Here new key keyboard theme has white background with white keys which creates confuses while typing fast. In response we all know old keyboard starts fast.

2. In old keyboard we had many languages with more suggestions.If you want to type in hinglish there lots of words to be suggested, no need to type more.

3. In new keyboard there is only three suggestions and if you select English and Hinglish they will not be saprate and compiled as bilanguage Now you will get 2 language and only 3 suggestions,- whats funny.

4. Swipe has now also very very bad.If you want to delete word then you have to delete one by one.

5. This is not sufficient There are also much ridiculous funny options like one hand keyboard, set vibration intensity ( are we developer or user...? ), double space to full stop.

6. Change skin when you swipe you will see that swipe effect is noisy not smooth( whats "project butter and smooth UI" shamefully and ridiculous. I am really hopeless and sad for new android)
My both phones and money wasted..!

:crying:

totally agreed with you.. this is unexpected from sony

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

hi...friends

is tr any way to get our old 4.2 keybord back in 4.3 ver