Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
Cant find the recoverie to flash. That wil flash. A kk rom without error 7

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Which rom?
Usually the rom comes with a kernel that includes the correct recovery -
- Extract the boot.img from the rom zip that you want to flash.
- Flash that with fastboot or use the fastboot mode in Flashtool if you're not comfortable with using the command line.
- Boot into recovery and flash the rom.

sonyupdate

Last edited:
Reactions: demon2112

Fokezy

Jul 18, 2011
Which rom?
- Flash that with fastboot or use the fastboot mode in Flashtool if you're not comfortable with using the command line.

sonyupdate

Is it possible to flash the kernel.sin for the same effect from stock ftf-s?

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Then explain yourself better in the first place. :D You said the same effect. This is a different question altogether.
Just flash a stock FTF using Flashtool and exclude everything but the kernel.

sonyupdate

Reactions: Fokezy

Fokezy

Jul 18, 2011
Then explain yourself better in the first place. :D You said the same effect. This is a different question altogether.

sonyupdate

I think there is something wrong with my PMs,or nobody wants to answer me...

Anyway I got one last question,can I flash the kernel from a generic spanish ftf that is the same version as my Vodafone DE stock rom (obviously they are the same version just different customisations).

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Yes, you can.
Edit - There's nothing wrong with the PM system. I'm just not sat here all day waiting for people to PM me questions. :D

sonyupdate

Last edited:
Reactions: Fokezy

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
It depends. If your bootloader is unlocked, you need to relock it to update OTA. Sometimes if you modified /system in any way (like deleting system apps, flashing mods etc), an OTA will fail.

sonyupdate

Fokezy

Jul 18, 2011
It depends. If your bootloader is unlocked, you need to relock it to update OTA. Sometimes if you modified /system in any way (like deleting system apps, flashing mods etc), an OTA will fail.

sonyupdate

Yeah,bootloader is locked,didnt delete any system apps,no mods flashed except superSU...when I look at the update logs it shows a redbend_verify error and ua_updater start error. If only there was a way I can logcat the actual update and see what the hell it's checking.

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
The OTA failed multiple times for me when I was only rooted as well. In the end, I just flashed the update with Flashtool and unlocked my bootloader to root. It was quicker than messing around trying to get the OTA to work. :D

sonyupdate

Fokezy

Jul 18, 2011
The OTA failed multiple times for me when I was only rooted as well. In the end, I just flashed the update with Flashtool and unlocked my bootloader to root. It was quicker than messing around trying to get the OTA to work. :D

sonyupdate

I flashed the generic DE ftf except I didn't wipe data. Now I have a weird hybrid,but everyting works,lost root but used some japanese rootkit and got that back. Then wiped data on the update app and got a whole new update,10.4.B.0.569 and tried to install it...Of course it didn't work!

Now the problem is either in the Data partition or root is the problem. Most likely I'm gonna try without root and then if it works I'm gonna try the insanely complicated 4.3 root with bootloader relocking and all that ****

Edit: Btw It's weird,I'm looking at the update logs and it says Rooting not done

---------- Post added 6th March 2014 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th March 2014 at 11:30 PM ----------

Unrooted the phone and still the update fails...so its probably not the root

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which rom?

sonyupdate

sonyupdate
    Yes, you can.
    Edit - There's nothing wrong with the PM system. I'm just not sat here all day waiting for people to PM me questions. :D

sonyupdate