[Q] [HELP] Best way to recover an Archos 101 G9 (then root it)

Search This thread

Cavey.co.uk

Jun 25, 2006
www.cavey.co.uk
Hi,

Was trying to root an Archos 101 G9 and followed the instructions here -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1360840

No problem. Paul's root worked, broke my sound, installed 1 and 2, removed local.prop, all working nicely.

So I rebooted it and tried to get into the recovery console so I could have a play with the SDE menu and now it just comes up with a menu

"Archos A101S Recovery

Would you like to recover your system?

No
Reboot
Update firmware
Repair System
Format System"

Whatever I do, it just reboots to this screen. Hold vol - or vol + makes no difference, it flashes up the Archos boot screen and then goes white.

As for the menu, I have tried most of them, only "Format" left and I don't know if I can fix it if I do that, so decided to ask here....

So, any clues?

Thanks in advance.

letama

Feb 13, 2008
Well, if you don't see the developer menu, it means that the sde kernel didn't flash properly.

When you don't press volume keys, does the device boot properly ?

If it does, re-do the whole procedure and show me what is displayed when you launch the batch file. Launch it in a cmd window, not directly from explorer to be able to copy/paste.

If it doesn't boot normally, make it work again first by re-flashing firmware with "update firmware " in recovery.

Cavey.co.uk

Jun 25, 2006
www.cavey.co.uk
Thank you for your reply.

When you don't press volume keys, does the device boot properly ?

Sadly, that was the problem. Endless loop of boot into white screen.... boot into white screen.... ever since I went anywhere near the SDE console.

Finally got it to re-do the firmware so is now back to stock. Turns out it doesn't like it if you rename the firmware AOS file (ie "firmware_archos_it4.aos") to include a version number (ie "firmware_archos_it4_3_2_56.aos") and just says "Update Failed".

Once that's figured out, it's "Update firmware", copy AOS file across into the RAMFS drive you can see in windows and select OK on the tablet. Rest is automated.

Starting again....

Paul's root, done.....

SDE enabling done.

Remove Paul's root (fixes sound and sleep issues).....

Tablet still works.... now to figure out how to root it.

hitman72

May 22, 2008
ortona
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
same problem here, Endless loop of boot into white screen! all operations made from dos prompt! I have roted/modified a lot of phones... I want use latema's 3.2.78 roted firmware. please help! sorry for my poor english. ciao :)

Sepol P

Jun 27, 2012
recovery mode

Hi, I was trying to do a temp-root to then install de sde but now my archos 101 g9 250gb, when I turn it on it goes directly
to the recovery menu, seems that it have not boot. Something that I can do??

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts