[ROM][XWJW8] HYBRID v17.0 [Odex-Deodex][Multilanguage][21/07/2012][Standard-Lite]

Search This thread

vidvan

Feb 17, 2012
Hi,

before uploading i test all ROM my self atleast minimum 24 hours.

Regarding upload i setting personal server so soon u didnt need any hosting site for download ROM, i host it on my server.

cuz of bandwidth issue i uploded it on depositfile cuz i had gold account of it.

Hi Sajid,
Flashed your rom yesterday night and checked for 30 mins before going to bed. Looked great. Here is what i am seeing now. Is the odex and deodex are same as i could not find the apps mentioned in the odex rom.

1. When i woke up in the morning, the screen was blank even though i try to make it wake up . It looked like the phone died (Sleep of Death). I had to take out battery and power on again to bring the phone to life. The battery was fully charged yesterday night. Will keep on eye on this tonight.

2. Wifi and Phone is working fine.

3. Over scroll glow is grey instead of blue.

4. I did not see any other languages mentioned in post 1

5. SystemUI Mod: GSM/WiFi/Data Connection turns Blue not working. It is showing white/grey. I thought it would be green/blue.

6. Auto Rotating Dialer and Call screen not working.

7. Gingerbread and Latest Swype Keyboard - Only swype keyboard is there.

Probably these things you can add in sub versions.

1. 5 icons dock
2. Flip to silence
3. Some of the wall paper that you use.
4. Options to change the status bar to green/blue.

These are the links for some of the guys working on the mods. It would be great if you can add those mods also.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1405380

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604296&highlight=xwjw5

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25043127

sajidmkhan

Sep 2, 2010
Nagpur
Hi Sajid,
Flashed your rom yesterday night and checked for 30 mins before going to bed. Looked great. Here is what i am seeing now. Is the odex and deodex are same as i could not find the apps mentioned in the odex rom.

Yes Odex and Deodex are same as for lite as well as standard, only difference is one is Odex and Second is Deodexed, cuz i got few request or Odex and i test and found it is little faster then Deodex. difference in lite and standard is lite is only basic apps and standard had many apps

1. When i woke up in the morning, the screen was blank even though i try to make it wake up . It looked like the phone died (Sleep of Death). I had to take out battery and power on again to bring the phone to life. The battery was fully charged yesterday night. Will keep on eye on this tonight.
I will check this Sleep of Death, cuz you are only who reporting it. if i found this issue i will look into it at first prirorty.
2. Wifi and Phone is working fine.
3. Over scroll glow is grey instead of blue.
4. I did not see any other languages mentioned in post 1
All mention language is present there you just have to activate it, go to setting >Locate and Text > Select your Desire Keyboard and then in it go to language section and activate it, some time it download few KB i.e. for keyboard layout and dictonary. by default there is only English and Spanish.

5. SystemUI Mod: GSM/WiFi/Data Connection turns Blue not working. It is showing white/grey. I thought it would be green/blue.
It is blue, there is 2 reasion cuz of it not showing to you.
1. either you getting bad signal cuz till u didnt got proper signal it didnt turn blue.
2. Might you didnt added your google account, cuz till u didnt add google account market didnt able to access and cuz of that it didnt turn blue (i can make it permenent blue but if i do so u didnt know when u are connected on network and when u didnt getting signals)
6. Auto Rotating Dialer and Call screen not working.
yes dialer is not auto rotating

7. Gingerbread and Latest Swype Keyboard - Only swype keyboard is there.

in standard version u found 2 keybvoard and if i add 2 keyboard in lite version then how it will be lite :)

Probably these things you can add in sub versions.
1. 5 icons dock : yes i will do it in next subversion
2. Flip to silence
3. Some of the wall paper that you use. : for this i will add one app by that u can get 1000s wallpaper as well as ringtones which i used in old version of hybrid

4. Options to change the status bar to green/blue : i didnt understand this :confused:
[/ QUOTE]

Reactions: vidvan

vidvan

Feb 17, 2012
Hi Sajid,
Here are few more observations. But i could say that the ROM is stable and i did not see any FC till now. I am using the "HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-ODEX-STD-MULTI-WIPE.zip" version. Is the gtalk included in this ? If not, can you put the stock gtalk apk from 2.3.6 XWJW5. I could not find it any where else.

1. Initially with only GSM signal , it shows grey/white. Once i switch on the wifi, both wifi as well as gsm signal becomes green after few seconds. I never saw blue colour signal. Mentioning that both wifi and GSM signal is at full strength.

2. I never see the other languages that mention in the list. Some are there and some are not though i use English primarily. yes, it has only swype keyboard only.

3. Options to change the status bar icons/GSM/wifi signal to green/blue. What i meant is "Can we have options to select which colour we want (Green or Blue)".

Thanks

sajidmkhan

Sep 2, 2010
Nagpur
Hi Sajid,
Here are few more observations. But i could say that the ROM is stable and i did not see any FC till now. I am using the "HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-ODEX-STD-MULTI-WIPE.zip" version. Is the gtalk included in this ? If not, can you put the stock gtalk apk from 2.3.6 XWJW5. I could not find it any where else.

1. Initially with only GSM signal , it shows grey/white. Once i switch on the wifi, both wifi as well as gsm signal becomes green after few seconds. I never saw blue colour signal. Mentioning that both wifi and GSM signal is at full strength.

2. I never see the other languages that mention in the list. Some are there and some are not though i use English primarily. yes, it has only swype keyboard only.

3. Options to change the status bar icons/GSM/wifi signal to green/blue. What i meant is "Can we have options to select which colour we want (Green or Blue)".

Thanks

use rom toolbox and change whatever colour u wish. red yellow blue or green.

for otherkeyboard search icon name swiftkey beta.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

go4saket

Sep 27, 2010
Hi! Even I had the problem of black screen which you guys call sleep of death in the full version of Hybrid 4.1. This happened with me atleast 4-5 times in a day and then I finally shifted to the lite version today 5-6 hours back. Till now everything seems to be ok but I am still testing.

I have another problem. I am in Hybrid 14.1 Lite ROM with Semaphore 2.7.4 BM. My ringtones and notification volumes are set at the highest but still they are hardly audible. Is there a way to increase the sound???

Can you also upload SNS as I am unable to add my Facebook account?

Last edited:

alkhafaf

Apr 7, 2012
I had the Sleep of Death twice, but with 14.0.I also faced some weird bug in the Face Lock ( sometimes it is written denied, but it makes unlock! !!!) , I don't know if this is fixed in the subversion 14.1

I wish I can try this update of the ROM if it's just uploaded to a good server. Can anyone upload it to mediafire or rapidshare after the permission of the author? and this would be much appreciated .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

vidvan

Feb 17, 2012
I had the Sleep of Death twice, but with 14.0.I also faced some weird bug in the Face Lock ( sometimes it is written denied, but it makes unlock! !!!) , I don't know if this is fixed in the subversion 14.1

I wish I can try this update of the ROM if it's just uploaded to a good server. Can anyone upload it to mediafire or rapidshare after the permission of the author? and this would be much appreciated .

I don't think it is fixed in 14.1. Version 14.1 has 14 toggle buttons added. I don't think anything else is fixed. Instead you can try SauRom which has a whole lot of features and mods.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1388342&highlight=xxjw4

Thanks

Taxiozaurus

Apr 28, 2011
Reykjavík
I have sort of problem. I don't have any lockscreen after DOUBLE flash of this ROM and it doesn't matter if lockscreen toggle is on or off. Also Home button doesn't work.

Edit: Got all working by FULL Wipe of whole phone

Last edited:

remichi

Nov 24, 2010
Nice ROM! Can't get my Smart Keyboard Pro to type Japanese or Chinese anymore though.... Which fonts do I need to install to be able to type Japanese and Chinese again? Thanks.

alkhafaf

Apr 7, 2012
Can u please upload the RTL fix for ODEX version, so I can use it on a stock ROM, if u don't mind.
Thanx alot.

sajidmkhan

Sep 2, 2010
Nagpur
[XWJW6] HYBRID v15.0 [Odex-Deodex][Multilanguage][04/06/2012][Lite]

links uploded at first post also!!!

HYBRID-v15.0-I9000XWJW6-DEODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

HYBRID-v15.0-I9000XWJW6-ODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

Attachments

• snap20120604_233604.jpg
    snap20120604_233604.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 466
  • snap20120604_233616.jpg
    snap20120604_233616.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 468
  • snap20120604_233630.jpg
    snap20120604_233630.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 440
  • snap20120604_233642.jpg
    snap20120604_233642.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 464
  • snap20120604_233652.jpg
    snap20120604_233652.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 426
  • snap20120604_233706.jpg
    snap20120604_233706.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 427
  • snap20120604_233725.jpg
    snap20120604_233725.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 409
  • snap20120604_233739.jpg
    snap20120604_233739.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 398
Reactions: bvt-1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HYBRID 17.0 (I9000XWJW8)
    This ROM comes in 2 Variants STANDARD & LITE Version

HYBRID STANDARD : All Stocks files themed as per current release and ported apps from NEXUS, SGS-2, ICS etc. No Additional Apps except stock or the apps which comes with firmwares.

HYBRID LITE : Lite ROM with Basic Essentianl functions and Features.

ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
    ro.build.display.id=XWJW8 HYBRID v17.0
    ro.build.version.incremental=XWJW8
    ro.build.version.sdk=10
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.6
    ro.build.date=Wed Jun 20 15:09:33 KST 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=1340172573
    ro.build.changelist=1152999

.................................................................................
    I Will Develop and Modify this Release in phase using sub-version. i.e.
    v13.0 Means DEODEXED+Rooted+SuperUSer ROM.
    v13.1 Means 11.0+Extended Power Menu+Other Mods
    v13.2 Means 11.2+Other Mods and Customizations.
    and so on...
    I will Release WIPE as well as NO-WIPE for all version, but if you are First time user then better is you use WIPE version first then for latter subversions use NOWIPE.
    ....................................................................................

WHATS IN THIS ROM - BASIC STUFF
    Based on I9000XWJW8

--Multi-CSC
    --Rooted
    --SuperUser Installed
    --Busybox Installed
    --Deodexed
    --Zipalign
    --Data/App Enable
    --App2SD support
    --Bash Shell Support
    --Included Kernel files cleaning script.
    --Updated APN list
    --SIP Support
    --RTL Support (Right to Left Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew Support)
    --RTL fonts Rendering
    --ThunderBolt-v2.7.7

MOD's
    --1% Battery Mod
    --Extended Power Menu
    --SystemUI Mod
    --SIP Wifi/3G
    --Overscroll Glow
    --BLN Patch
    --Disable scrolling cache for smoother scrolling
    --SGS III Media Files (Ringtones, notifications etc)

Language and Keyboard Layouts:
    Arabic, Afrikaans, Bhasha Indonesia, Bhasha Malaysia, Catala, Cesky, Cestina, Chinese(simplified), Chinese(tradional)Dansk, Deutsch, Eesti, English(US), English(UK), Espanol(ES), Espanol(US).Euskara, Farsi, Filipino, Francais, Francais(CA), Francais(CH), Galego, Hebrew, Hrvatski, Islenska, Italiano, Italiano(CH), Korean, Latviesu, Lietuviskai, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Nyrosk, Polski, Portugues (BR), Portugues (PT), Russian, Romana, Slovencina, Slovenscina, Srpski, Suomi, Svenska, Tieng Viet, Turkce, Thai, Ukranian, Urdu etc

And Included all Value Addons of this release i.e. facelock, Photo Editor etc

*Included All Regular Mods like Mulitilanguage Rendring and Indic fonts, RTL(Arabic/urdu/farsi/hebrew Support), And various cosmetic stuff like flip window, statusbar icons, battery icons which i changed and forget to mention here.

MODEM: NEXUS S - CAPTIVE UCKF1 (ICS)

Backup your important Data first before using this ROM.

REQURIMENTS
    **First time user of this ROM use WIPE version.
    --Some Kernel with CWM (Galaxian/CF-Root-Kernel etc)

INSTALATION
    --Disable lagfixes/Ext4 before install
    --wipe internal/USB memory twice after disabling lagfix and before starting installation.
    --Put HYBRID ROM into your Internal/USB Memory
    --Enter Recovery
    --wipe data/tactory reset
    --wipe cache partition
    --wipe Dalvik cache
    --Install zip from sdcard
    --Choose HYBRID ROM and flash

LINKS
    HYBRIDROM

=======​

HYBRID-v17.0-I9000XWJW8-DEODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

=======​

HYBRID-v16.0-I9000ZSJW4-DEODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

HYBRID-v16.0-I9000ZSJW4-ODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

=======​

HYBRID-v15.0-I9000XWJW6-DEODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

HYBRID-v15.0-I9000XWJW6-ODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

=======​

HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-DEODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-ODEX-LITE-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-DEODEX-STANDARD-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-ODEX-STANDARD-WIPE VERSION : DIRECT LINK

=======​

No Wipe Version
    Use WinRar or 7Zip

1.Download NO-WIPE PATCH file.
    2. Extract Patch File at Desktop
    3. Open HYBRID ROM using WinRar
    4. Replace META-INF foler of HYBRID ROM using Patch file META-INF
    5. Overwrite if Asked.
    6. Done.

Now ROM will be NO-Wipe Verson

This Credit List Become very Long so i triming it:

# All those people who Spare their precious time for development, All those people who Report Minor bug also, All those who Started any thread by which i learn many stuff and All of them those who indirectly or directly help me and All those people WHOME NAME I FORGET

Disclaimer: If you using HYBRID ROM, As a user you are responsible to have the necessary third party software licenses when trial period is expire or for unlocking restected features. I will not promote warez, I created this version for test and explore various applications which are usefull for day to day usage.

Check Post 3 for Old ROMs
    Screens OF HYBRID 17.0 I9000XWJW8

Old versions

This section i shifted on facebook, visit facebook page for more information

APN patch is CWM package
    SGS_Talk2_AV is CWM package

CF-Root-ext4 and sgs-kernel flash u have to unzip and install like normal application.
    v 2.0 UP

I just uploaded v 2.0 and its WIPE version, i testing NO-Wipe version and after few hours i will upload it.

Happy Flashing
    Thank you for your replay,
    after several tests I found that it was AppBrain to saturate the market's cache and create this problem. The rom is almost perfect, I have seen some slowdown in games like pes 2011 or fruit ninja and in some case app freeze phone. Furthermore a lack of sensitivity of the touch screen in multi-touch operations. I test deeply your rom because i like it!
    I should add that for next version I opt for the 1000MHz version, there are several programs for oc. Thanks again for your support.
    You've earned a small donation for the excellent rom.saturday when I'll get home I'll make it

Thanks for testing my ROM, i going to release 5.0 with 1000Mhz kernel, i didnt call it perfect ROM but its near perfect for everyday usage.

Regarding donation, brother i do this for fun & killing my time and i didnt need any donation at all, by grace of God i already had more then enough facility and luxuary in my life, but if you want to donate then do it to XDA or the developer who trying to develop something.

Thanks and Regards