[ROM-AOSP] [OLD] Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2_r1 for the Kindle Fire [10-10]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.1.2_r1 straight from Google sources
This ROM is completely up-to-date w/ the 4AI1.7 kernel and latest ducati from TI

Download 4.1.2_r1 ROM here [10-10]
md5sum: d300fbbd65f3037f54519f7c3c2bc4a5
PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
Jelly Bean Gapps here

Data wipe might be required as this is 4.1.2_r1. If in doubt, wipe and use Titanium Backup to restore apps.

Make sure to WIPE Dalvik Cache.

BUILDING THIS ROM
I've updated GitHub with the local_manifest and patches for creating this rom from AOSP sources:
https://github.com/KFire-Android/android_local_manifest/tree/jb-aosp

Each patch should be applied via: git apply <patch name> in the respective project where it belongs.

Enjoy

Last edited:

tjrocks91

Feb 10, 2010
Clifton
Awesome Hash, you are the man. I don't suppose terminal emulator would work in place of ADB would it, I don't have a pc on hand.

Seems possible except you need wifi to download terminal emulator from the play store unless you have the apk for terminal emulator saved on your kindle fire already.

Anyways thanks hashcode, I'm really looking forward to flashing this in the morning!

Reactions: oujiff

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Awesome Hash, you are the man. I don't suppose terminal emulator would work in place of ADB would it, I don't have a pc on hand.

I'm using "su" binary from AOSP.. which doesn't seem to want to work with Superuser from the market. Oddly, that puts many people who can't seem to get adb to work in a bind. Hrm. Probably the best way to fix it would be to use a "su" binary from another build and load it up in recovery by mounting system (use the recovery gui to do that), then:
adb push su /system/bin
adb shell
cd /system/bin
chmod 6755 su
chown root.root su
exit

Of course you can always wait and just play with it a bit, an I'll have all of this worked out for the next build w/ working HD codecs.

It's late and I need some sleep :p

QuBe2

Jan 1, 2012
Rotterdam
Thank you hashcode and if anybody tells you how to fix the UMS bug can you say it to me i also have a bug with the nexus sense 4 rom i also need to enable it

yourbrotherrex

Mar 4, 2012
Using terminal emulator I'm getting
"uid 10039 not allowed to su"
"1|u0_a39@android:/"
I can use ADB, but wondering if there's a quick way without hooking it up. (Ive got root explorer, another binary I can use, yada...)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Edit:
Nvmind: Adb fixed in 2 seconds.
Awesome work.

Last edited:

sthomas38

Feb 9, 2012
BTW GApps don't work well, at least I don't have any setup at first boot and Play Store crashes.

And my ADB is a mess, Windows keeps thinking the device is in a pluged in/unpluged loop... On Ubuntu it works :). And I have no USB storage notification when my device is connected :).

EDIT: And pictures are rotated in multitasking panel :D.

Last edited:

yourbrotherrex

Mar 4, 2012
Did y'all notice that the superuser binary is in system/xbin and not system/bin in the ROM?
I guess that's why my root explorer isnt working, because the command for it looking in the superuser app IS sys/bin.
So, you'll have to use adb to move it.
(You don't have to grab one from another build, in other words.)
Pull it from system/xbin and push to system/bin.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

QuBe2

Jan 1, 2012
Rotterdam
Did y'all notice that the superuser binary is in system/xbin and not system/bin in the ROM?
I guess that's why my root explorer isnt working, because the command for it looking in the superuser app IS sys/bin.
So, you'll have to use adb to move it.
(You don't have to grab one from another build, in other words.)
Pull it from system/xbin and push to system/bin.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

what i have done

1) flash base rom
2) flash gapps 29/4
3) flash superuser the latest from this website
http://androidsu.com/superuser/

and i have just a smooth rom

sthomas38

Feb 9, 2012
That's the default UI for tablets since the Nexus 7 uses it, but it can be switched to TabletUI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.1.2_r1 straight from Google sources
    This ROM is completely up-to-date w/ the 4AI1.7 kernel and latest ducati from TI

Download 4.1.2_r1 ROM here [10-10]
    md5sum: d300fbbd65f3037f54519f7c3c2bc4a5
    PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
    Jelly Bean Gapps here

Data wipe might be required as this is 4.1.2_r1. If in doubt, wipe and use Titanium Backup to restore apps.

Make sure to WIPE Dalvik Cache.

BUILDING THIS ROM
    I've updated GitHub with the local_manifest and patches for creating this rom from AOSP sources:
    https://github.com/KFire-Android/android_local_manifest/tree/jb-aosp

Each patch should be applied via: git apply <patch name> in the respective project where it belongs.

Enjoy
    FIXED AS OF 10/10:

[ Will fill in as bugs pop-up ]
    I have the new update nearly ready.

Part of the delay is that TI is updating their version of the android source on a daily basis. So, I'm hoping to do a build that we have never seen before.

One based about 95% on omapzoom/TI sources for Android. This would include a ton of enhancements for OMAP only devices.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    Gapps link in the OP fixed.

So, what I'm seeing for the next version to be more of a "daily driver":

- Fix the wifi script
    - Wifi location fix
    - Add superuser and a compatible su binary
    - Default CPU to 1.2ghz instead of 1ghz
    - Fix slower I/O performance via init*.rc script changes
    - Add Terminal Emulator
    - Add File Manager
    - Fix HD Codecs
    - Fix the over rotation issue in frameworks/base
    - Probably lower headphone volume a bit
    - Add in the libwvm file
    - Change Bootanimation

Custom ROMs would take care of toggles for Phone <-> Tablet UI etc so I'm not too worried about that.
    Yes I would also be interested in making some screenshots for my blog...is there any other way than using the devkit tool?

Oh and btw exchange calendar sync still doesn't work...

But this ROM really had great performance!

At this point I need to get used to the phoneish UI though, don't like the notification area at the top. And the fact that the notification drawer has no toggles like the tablet UI is pretty lame....and no landscape mode. Guess I have to use launcherpro ...

I'm probably going to updating the GApps link to another working set where Calendar sync is fixed, it eliminates the double Gallery and Picasa sync w/ Gallery is fixed. Look for that tonight.

And it looks like I missed the term library so that Terminal FCs when you use it currently. So I'll refresh the build for that as well.