[MOD]ExtSd2InternalSd v5.5|Increase your data storage|100% Working|

Search This thread

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Hello,
For many week I have been looking for a Mod that can use my external micro sd as the primary starage... And I finally found the solution and one that works 100% and it sure worked for me!!
Many thanks all credits and recognition to creator and developer 》mattiadj《
Please support this developer to keep getting updates and support!

Here is my pic to show that it works, I'm currently using a 32GB and I'm using the latest jedi X8 with perseus kernel.

Below is the link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2036796

Give thanks if that helped you and worked!!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Here is a screenshot from my device.
Im running latest jedi X8 with perseus kernel...
Enjoy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357803237647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357803237647.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,774

kabuk1

I tried this exact mod a couple weeks ago & could not get it to work. It made my internal show up as both internal & external, and disable my SD card completely. I dunno what I did wrong, I followed the instructions exactly & I have a TW rom too.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
I tried this exact mod a couple weeks ago & could not get it to work. It made my internal show up as both internal & external, and disable my SD card completely. I dunno what I did wrong, I followed the instructions exactly & I have a TW rom too.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

Download and Flash perseus kernel, then flash mod again. It should work after that. It does not work on note2core or saber kernels. I only tested on those three.. And make sure you download the correct mod zip as there are different variants depending on the kernel you have and if your sd card is exformat or fat32. I also recommend a format of the sd card before doing all these to start fresh.
Best way is to do a full wipe, flash rom, flash radio, flash perseus kernel and lastly the mod all before the first boot.

Last edited:

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
I noticed one of the biggest problems with storage is that apps that do save stuff to SD card were still saving to internal storage. For example Titanium Backup was set to save to storage card but was saving to an internal storage folder called "External Storage". That app has specific setting to move the backups which saved me over a GB of space. I'll try ExtSd2InternalSd next time I upgrade ROMs.

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
I noticed one of the biggest problems with storage is that apps that do save stuff to SD card were still saving to internal storage. For example Titanium Backup was set to save to storage card but was saving to an internal storage folder called "External Storage". That app has specific setting to move the backups which saved me over a GB of space. I'll try ExtSd2InternalSd next time I upgrade ROMs.

Just remember that your "internal" storage actually becomes your sdcard and your sd-external is your internal built in memory... so is reverse.
For example when you use your camera for the first time it will ask to storage on your external..but remember that your external is no longer that but rather your internal, so if you want pics saved on your new "internal" choose no. save to phone.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Only issue I had was camera fail. Followed the op instructions but the rom my rom has aroma and it does an automatic reboot after rom is flashed.

Sent from my SGH-T889

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Only issue I had was camera fail. Followed the op instructions but the rom my rom has aroma and it does an automatic reboot after rom is flashed.

Sent from my SGH-T889

you can flash it after too...just make sure to wipe cache and dalvik. For the camera force closing just clear data and cache under applications.

dirtbag1975

Jan 3, 2011
Got my 64 gig class 10 sd card Monday, and clean flashed Jedi Master 7 with Perseus kernel then this mod and it works great! I have every app, game, emulator, GPS program installed and still have 40 gigs left. Phone runs awesome too. No more storage worries or making room for new apps. I'd recommend clean flashing, it seems like most people who have issues are not starting out fresh.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: badpanda

Amowagou

Apr 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Download and Flash perseus kernel, then flash mod again. It should work after that. It does not work on note2core or saber kernels. I only tested on those three.. And make sure you download the correct mod zip as there are different variants depending on the kernel you have and if your sd card is exformat or fat32. I also recommend a format of the sd card before doing all these to start fresh.
Best way is to do a full wipe, flash rom, flash radio, flash perseus kernel and lastly the mod all before the first boot.

I already flashed the Jedi 8X and the perseus kernel and I have a few questions:

1. Is it too late to flash the ExtSd2InternalSd mod now?
2. Do I have to do all the steps you mentioned again?
3. I have the SD card formated to extFAT and have a few GB of mp3 files in it. Would those file be wiped after the mod?
4. What would happen if I flash a new ROM in the future? Would I lose all the data in the "internal memory" i.e. the physical MicroSD card?

Thanks

kabuk1

I already had the perseus kernel when I tried this. I guess I'll try it again though. I really wanna get this working. Thanks.

dirtbag1975

Jan 3, 2011
I could be wrong but I think the mid has to be installed after clean flash and before the initial reboot after the Rom has been flashed. I flashed Rom, kernel then the mod then reboot. No issues with this method.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
I already flashed the Jedi 8X and the perseus kernel and I have a few questions:

3. I have the SD card formated to extFAT and have a few GB of mp3 files in it. Would those file be wiped after the mod?
4. What would happen if I flash a new ROM in the future? Would I lose all the data in the "internal memory" i.e. the physical MicroSD card?

Thanks

1.no
2.Recommended but not necessary
3.no, mod wont wipe anything. Make a backup to be safe...
4.you can no problem. Same way you always do. No you wont.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    For many week I have been looking for a Mod that can use my external micro sd as the primary starage... And I finally found the solution and one that works 100% and it sure worked for me!!
    Many thanks all credits and recognition to creator and developer 》mattiadj《
    Please support this developer to keep getting updates and support!

Here is my pic to show that it works, I'm currently using a 32GB and I'm using the latest jedi X8 with perseus kernel.

Below is the link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2036796

Give thanks if that helped you and worked!!

Thanks

1.no
    2.Recommended but not necessary
    3.no, mod wont wipe anything. Make a backup to be safe...
    4.you can no problem. Same way you always do. No you wont.

I'm using a class 4 32gb card and it does burst and 1080 fine. If you can find a class 10 64gb card for under 50 then go for it! Sounds like a great deal... share the details if you do, thanks

Hey I've been looking for a month or so and Amazon prices have come down! They are having a Goldbox sale for today only and the Ultra 64gb is only $46.99! Hope you manage to get in on one!

Linky: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Micro..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RFYBD4AZ8C61FDQEV3N

:fingers-crossed: Clicky thanks if you got in on one! :highfive:
    Got my 64 gig class 10 sd card Monday, and clean flashed Jedi Master 7 with Perseus kernel then this mod and it works great! I have every app, game, emulator, GPS program installed and still have 40 gigs left. Phone runs awesome too. No more storage worries or making room for new apps. I'd recommend clean flashing, it seems like most people who have issues are not starting out fresh.

Can you successfully take a full 20 shots of burst shot and record a 1080p video? I thought the reason why the Camera asks is because the speed of an external card will be slower than the internal storage, which is why it requires burst shots to be saved internally.

Mind checking? Thanks in advance!

Yes but it dramatically depends on the sd card speed...for example mine is a class 10. Bit if you have a class 4 or lower you would not be able to do it technically.