couple questions before I root

Search This thread

Nitefire77

Feb 11, 2012
Seabeck, Wa
I just bought this phone 2 days ago to replace my GS3 and I've been spending hours reading the forums and watching YouTube videos.
I had cm11 running on my Galaxy and I'm wanting to put it on my G2.

Rooting it looks easy enough and the IOroot will Be a breeze. Looking at recovery install it looks like there are 2 methods. Loki flash and Flashify app. Do you have to have the loki patch applied to use flashify and write the recovery? Or can you just flash it with root and be good to go?

My next question is the loki flash how to says twrp 2.6.3.2 and I need the 3.3 version for cm11. I read in a thread somewhere about the recoveries linked there being loki patched and using one not patched would bootloop the phone? Or can I download the twrp 2.6.3.3 and flash it via adb with the loki exploit instead? Some of the posts make it sound like twrp 2.6.3.2 is required for loki to work? And if so the best way to upgrade the recovery from there?

I'm not a newb to flashing been doing it for years just making sure I have a full understanding for this devices methods.

Edit: I use google chrome as my default phone browser and on xda the text in posts all compresses together and overlays sentences ontop of each other. Is there a way to fix?

Last edited:
No you do not have to just change recovery name from recovery.loki to recovery.img then flash with flashify

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Just rename twrp or cwm from .loki to .img and use flashify thats what i did. I was able to flash cm 11 using twrp 2.3.6

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Sorry 2.6.3

Reactions: Nitefire77

Nitefire77

Feb 11, 2012
Seabeck, Wa
No you do not have to just change recovery name from recovery.loki to recovery.img then flash with flashify

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Just rename twrp or cwm from .loki to .img and use flashify thats what i did. I was able to flash cm 11 using twrp 2.3.6

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Sorry 2.6.3

Thank you, I found a loki'd recovery file for 2.6.3.2 and a post with 2.6.3.4 with the loki patcher in the zip it looks like. I'm assuming once I flash the loki'd 2.6.3.2 recovery and then flash the 2.6.3.4 zip from twrp it should be working perfectly, I can nandroid and install cm11 just fine after that?

Nitefire77

Feb 11, 2012
Seabeck, Wa
Yes sir i never had any problems so you should be good

Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated. Looking forward to having my custom rom install back. I love everything about this phone except for its locked bootloader and the lack of notification panel settings.I miss quick toggles and would rather not have my toggles with notifications

Art Vanderlay

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 2, 2014
Melbourne
Edit: I use google chrome as my default phone browser and on xda the text in posts all compresses together and overlays sentences ontop of each other. Is there a way to fix?

I get that too. Its so annoying. It only happens on chrome and only on stock based roms. Real shame I like chrome but a new browser does the job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry 2.6.3

Yes sir i never had any problems so you should be good