Would you buy the Samsung S5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gogz2005

May 12, 2010
Chicago
Hi guys, I have an S3 and been waiting for a nice upgrade, Do you think the S5 would be a good choice? or should I wait for the HTC?
I wish that the new S5 was metal, I hate the cheap feel of the plastic housing though.

Last edited:

Disharmony

Jan 28, 2014
Just

Hi guys, I have an S3 and been waiting for a nice upgrade, Do you think the S5 would be a good choice? or should I wait for the HTC?
I wish that the new S5 was metal, I hate the cheap feel of the plastic housing though.

I think u have to wait for s5
and one more thing that the plastic back cover is better than metal one

brady56

Mar 27, 2012

if you have use samsung phones before i suggest you change another brand to test.such as HTC or moto

cha91

Jan 25, 2011
Toulon
I'm unsure if I'll buy the S5, the G3 or the new One, but I like Galaxy S phones for their physical home button, special features like eye tracking, the customization which is great here on XDA, and of course the top specs.

The One has too much of space wasted because of the logo, even if the overall design rocks.
So yeah I may buy the S5 this year :)

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Only problem I can see is the s5 has a monster ROM of about 8gb of bloatware I mean valuable and useful Samsung features

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

krnonthak0b

Nov 29, 2013
Siheung-si
personally as someone who has used an iphone and then a galaxy (s4 here) then a nexus device, I would stay away from the s5 unless you really really like touchwiz.

just personal preference but i never liked the bloated feel of touchwiz (lg Optimus UI... I'm looking at you too)

i love the iPhone in how everything just works well and is so thoughtfully designed whereas i love the amount of control i have to make my nexus 5 my own

samsung doesnt give you the same control as a nexus device, nor are their features as useful as an apple device so to me not worth the premium price tag you have pay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.