[Q] HTC One X software 4.0.4 to 4.2

Search This thread

natalie_storm

Apr 6, 2014
I've had my one x for a while now and I never really considered a software update until my girlfriend updated her galaxy... my issue is that when i go to setting->AT&T software update->check for update I never get anything. I don't know if its because my phone is unlocked or what. I have Family Mobile (powered by T-Mobile). I've tried it on my regular internet and I've tried it on my WiFi. literally nothing. i spent all night last night googling how its possible to do this manually like i did for my partner and I'm getting no answers. :crying::crying::crying: SO I GUESS WHAT I'M REALLY ASKING WITHOUT MY RAMBLING ON IS can someone tell me step by step to update my android version from 4.0.4 to the newest of 4.2??? please and ever so thank you!!!

p.s I'm not completely techretarded but I'm not a super geek either so i will be able to understand a little bit of what you're saying.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You have the dual-core at&t version ? If so then you are in the wrong forum. The HTC one xl is what you have if the bootloader says EVITA.

natalie_storm

Apr 6, 2014
enter the bootloader by holding the power + volume down button....you see on the top the model codename (EVITA or ENDEVOURU)

not to be a pain in the rear end... but my volume button is broke. i recently shattered my whole phone and had it replaced and when they replaced it, they messed up my volume buttons somehow. i have an app that stays in my notifications bar that lets me control my volume levels...

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
not to be a pain in the rear end... but my volume button is broke. i recently shattered my whole phone and had it replaced and when they replaced it, they messed up my volume buttons somehow. i have an app that stays in my notifications bar that lets me control my volume levels...

enable usb debugging in the settings menu and open a command window in the fastboot folder, type there :

adb reboot botloader

natalie_storm

Apr 6, 2014
enable usb debugging in the settings menu and open a command window in the fastboot folder, type there :

adb reboot botloader

okayyyyyy

whereeeee exactly do i find this fastboot folder??? i've tried google.. but its just so confusing considering i just really dont want to end up bricking my phone. :crying::crying::crying:

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
You can't really brick your phone that easily...just Google for adb and fastboot files then download the zip/rar extract that folder and do that what Mr hofs said...difficult? I think not...it's damn easy...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk