[Q] Battery life

Search This thread

dat-hero-guy

May 19, 2014
Berea, KY
I've tried a few ROMs, including Albinoman's CM11 (4/24 official and a few nightlies) CM10.2 (the newest October official, I forget the date :p). So here's my question: Out of all the JB+ ROMs out there, which ones have you had the best experience with, in regards to battery life? Right now I'm running Albinoman's CM10.2.

Also, any battery life tips would be appreciated. Currently, I am doing the following:

LCD brightness turned down
LCD off when not in use
Wifi/GPS off when not in use
Processor slightly underclocked
Unnecessary/unused apps removed/disabled/stopped
Haptic feedback off

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
In all honesty, I think my best battery life ROM has to be albinoman's CM 11.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app

pinchild

Apr 9, 2009
In all honesty, I think my best battery life ROM has to be albinoman's CM 11.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app

I have to agree with Isaac. I'm running the 5/15 nightly and my battery life has almost doubled with BT and GPS turned on. I just turned BT off and set location to "battery save" so I'm hoping to squeeze even more out of it.

Don't get too excited about my doubled claim. Prior to CM11 I was running Paranoid Android (Jellybean I believe) as my daily driver and would get about 6 hours of battery life on standby. With CM 11 I get around 11 hours with light use, the Vivid is just abysmal when it comes to batteries.

Now that MMS is working the only complaint I have is with the in call mute feature not functioning, but I can live without that for now. I plan on running CM11 as my daily driver for the foreseeable future.

dat-hero-guy

May 19, 2014
Berea, KY
I have to agree with Isaac. I'm running the 5/15 nightly and my battery life has almost doubled with BT and GPS turned on. I just turned BT off and set location to "battery save" so I'm hoping to squeeze even more out of it.

You're the second person that's said the 5/15 nightly has good battery life. I'll probably flash it Monday.

Prior to CM11 I was running Paranoid Android (Jellybean I believe) as my daily driver and would get about 6 hours of battery life on standby. With CM 11 I get around 11 hours with light use, the Vivid is just abysmal when it comes to batteries.

Ain't that the truth. I'm sporting a 3500mAH extended battery and I get like 12 hours with light use. Can't wait until I can afford to upgrade and put the Vivid on a permanent leash. Maybe make a media server out of it.

pinchild

Apr 9, 2009
Well I stand corrected. I'm still running the Albinoman 5/15 nightly (loving it) and over the weekend I conditioned the battery by running it dead and then overcharging it while it was turned off. I now get 24 hours on light usage and about 10 hours on heavy usage. I had tried this process on other builds and versions but this is the first time it's actually worked. The battery I'm using is the battery that came with the phone. I'm amazed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-27-05-32-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-05-32-42.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_2014-05-28-21-43-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-28-21-43-53.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 65