S5 From Iphone

Search This thread

gerg004

Oct 16, 2010
Greetings all. Im here trying to help out a friend.

He and his gf have had iPhone's for quite some time. They just recently both upgraded to the S5. Ive never had an iPhone, currently on a Note 3 and on Verizon so I couldn't really help them hence I am here.

Anyway they're having some serious problems sending and receiving group messages. Specifically from their S5 to other iPhone's. They either don't even get responses or get responses individually as apposed to in the group thread. On top of that they're constantly being prompted to download messages as if they were mms. I've also sent him a picture and they only get any error message stating it could not be downloaded. They're both completely stock, phones are 2 days old.

Any help would be appreciated. Just checking here in case anyone else is seeing or have heard of these issues. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

papaskispartan

Jun 9, 2010
From what I understand, it is because of their prev iphones (if that makes sense). With the Iphones, msgs were being sent through there servers first, then out again. I have a bud on my hockey team, that he recently had an iphone and switch the S5, and had the same problem. I cant recall what he has done since then to fix the issue.You may get a better answer on her before I could ask him to see what he has done.

Reactions: gerg004

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011

He and his gf have had iPhone's for quite some time. They just recently both upgraded to the S5. Ive never had an iPhone, currently on a Note 3 and on Verizon so I couldn't really help them hence I am here.

Anyway they're having some serious problems sending and receiving group messages. Specifically from their S5 to other iPhone's. They either don't even get responses or get responses individually as apposed to in the group thread. On top of that they're constantly being prompted to download messages as if they were mms. I've also sent him a picture and they only get any error message stating it could not be downloaded. They're both completely stock, phones are 2 days old.

Any help would be appreciated. Just checking here in case anyone else is seeing or have heard of these issues. Thanks again.

If they did not changethey numbers, they have to unregister they iPhones from iTunes account. They messages trying to send and receive thru iMessage that why they have problems.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.

Last edited:
Reactions: gerg004

C0derbear

Nov 6, 2012
agreed, part of the problem is a known issue with the iMessage service not "letting go" of numbers that are no-longer iPhones, sounds like deregistration via iTunes may help.

I had previously disabled use of iMessage completely on my account before I left the iPhone behind so I didn't have the problem (unreliable data service in my area for my iPhone so actual SMS was better, waaaay better).

I've also seen issues sending MMS to friends from my S5 ... and my wife, who has an HTC One M7 ... and the upshot was that the pictures I was sending were too big for the target handset to be able to get. I had to reduce the size of the image I was sending to make it go through w/o issue.

If most of a person's pictures are shared online I'd advocate setting the default camera resolution appropriately, instead of the default full-megapixel-glory, in order to have the least issues.

cadorette

Jul 21, 2010
nashville
Yeah just call Apple customer support and have them deauthorize your Apple ID from iMessage. I had to do the same thing before. Had an M8, went back to iPhone 5S, then, I knew I was swapping for an S5 in like a day, so the day before turned off iMessage in settings, and then called Apple to deactivate. Since they've already switched, once they deactivate it'll take about 8-12 hrs(they'll tell you 24-48, but it never takes that long) and stuff will start flowing again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From what I understand, it is because of their prev iphones (if that makes sense). With the Iphones, msgs were being sent through there servers first, then out again. I have a bud on my hockey team, that he recently had an iphone and switch the S5, and had the same problem. I cant recall what he has done since then to fix the issue.You may get a better answer on her before I could ask him to see what he has done.

If they did not changethey numbers, they have to unregister they iPhones from iTunes account. They messages trying to send and receive thru iMessage that why they have problems.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.