Your favourite ROM for Defy?

Search This thread

john10001

Nov 27, 2011
I just wondered what your favourite ROM is for Defy?

I am on CM7 Gingerbread at the moment but would like to update. I have the Bayer lens.

Is there anything in particular you'd recommend for running smoothly without too many bugs?

I hear that the newer versions of Android from 4.1.2 and above you don't have to keep re-entering your VPN password and details as it remembers them and reconnects you automatically?

Am I best going for a Jellybean ROM like CM10 CMX, Slimbean or Paranoid Droid? Or are the KitKat versions okay to go to now without many bugs?

jh20

Aug 11, 2011
i still find cm7 the best, and i'm on maniac107's 10/7/13 built.

edit: i don't use vpn.

Last edited:

rafoca

Aug 27, 2014
DF
I must have tried at least 30 different roms since I own my defy. The fastest 4.1 one was called NEGAN.
Now, talking about 4.4, my favourite and fastest are Paranoid. Slim kat is awesome but causes too many random reboots

rmrf

Sep 25, 2011
I'm still on CM7 with my Defy because I use it on daily basis. Every other ROM is good at first but then they became unbearably slow. @@

TicoDePano

May 22, 2013
Porto Alegre
I'm still on CM7 with my Defy because I use it on daily basis. Every other ROM is good at first but then they became unbearably slow. @@

With CM11, only after a long time, for me, it starts to be slower. Wiping cache and dalvik solves that problem for me (I update regularly with the latest ROM, so my Defy+ do not get slow).