LuneOS, why not?

Search This thread

ZareliMan

Sep 2, 2013
It's a nice initiative but this is one of the few devices that I'd rather keep stock, as it supports 4.4.4 and you can get pretty nice functionality on the stock rom (which is very optimized) with some xposed packages.
If a dual boot option is possible I would maybe try LuneOS.

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
MultiROM is already ported to moto G falcon... just a matter of time and developers.

In fact, what we need is a port of libhybris, that can be used to boot Linux systems, currently available Sailfish OS and LuneOS, I would prefer Sailfish... However, to do this work, we need someone who has the skills, the device and wants to do it, because it is some difficult sh*t to and not comparable to build a custom ROM.
I experienced that, most of the time, it lacks two those aspects. We could as well pay a dev to do so, but i don't know...

However, MultiROM doesn't work with recent Sailfish ports and probably won't.
There is a guide on how to port Sailfish OS to existing android devices, which includes setting up libhybris, of course. The problem is, it's cased on cyanogenmod 10.2 which we don't have on the moto g and there are some problems with KitKat.

The Moto G is a device with a lot of fans, but as well there are more which use the falcon variant and so have to wait. But I believe it will only be a matter of time, till libhybris will be working either the falcon the peregrine

Gesendet von meinem XT1039 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: elfio and !n0x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MultiROM is already ported to moto G falcon... just a matter of time and developers.

In fact, what we need is a port of libhybris, that can be used to boot Linux systems, currently available Sailfish OS and LuneOS, I would prefer Sailfish... However, to do this work, we need someone who has the skills, the device and wants to do it, because it is some difficult sh*t to and not comparable to build a custom ROM.
    I experienced that, most of the time, it lacks two those aspects. We could as well pay a dev to do so, but i don't know...

However, MultiROM doesn't work with recent Sailfish ports and probably won't.
    There is a guide on how to port Sailfish OS to existing android devices, which includes setting up libhybris, of course. The problem is, it's cased on cyanogenmod 10.2 which we don't have on the moto g and there are some problems with KitKat.

The Moto G is a device with a lot of fans, but as well there are more which use the falcon variant and so have to wait. But I believe it will only be a matter of time, till libhybris will be working either the falcon the peregrine

Gesendet von meinem XT1039 mit Tapatalk