Anyone going to Purchase the HTC One S?

Search This thread

jzero88

Feb 1, 2010
Orange County
I'm thinking of getting the HTC One S when tmobile starts to sell it this month. It looks like a great phone and has all the features I want. Was wondering if anyone else is thinking of getting it.

junglerumble

Jul 28, 2010
Its nothing compared to the one s though. Better of waiting for the s3 since you'll be using it for two years.

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
There's nothing wrong with my vib oozing iced butter and bacon right now.I recommend waiting 4 more months and get the G3 or if tmo could get the htc one X that would be a consideration

suchavibrantthang

Dec 27, 2010
i'll probably get one. benchmarks show the S4 dualcore outdoes the T3 quadcore chip. no need to wait around for a One X. By that time, the SGS3 should be out.

guacamoly

Oct 15, 2010
I'm actually still waiting for a device for tmobile with a true hd display.. similar to that of the current galaxy nexus. From what I understand the oneX has one but I'm not aware of any plans for it coming over to tmobile. Also personally, I'm not a fan of how the camera protrudes out the back of many htc phones.
Even though I'm quite satisfied with my vibrant running ics passion (occasional gps issues aside).. I've started to notice the lack of power while browsing and the occasional lags more and more. I used my friends galaxyS2 (att) the other day and was blown away at the speed and was left wanting more out of my phone.

I get a sense that tmobile is really dragging their heels in getting better devices. If I didn't have a serious dislike of being on mobile contracts I probably would have jumped ship already. I can live without true 4g.. fake 4g (hspa+) seems plenty fast to me... even my 3g vibrant is probably good enough for what I use the phone for.

I don't know.. just babbling...
and hoping tmobile steps up their game and offers some nicer devices.

accordex

Mar 1, 2009
Kent
All I want is a phone with a 4.7 HD screen, removable batt and micro sd, seems to be hard to find...nothing around the corner, still on the vibrant, nothing in sight so far...Sprint's EVO One (ONE X sprint style) looks great, but it's sprint and their data speeds are crap and no one has them so you use up anytime minutes quick...

There's a few phones I keep seeing, like LG and couple of others, but for some reason the US can't get **** for phones, like the rest of the world does, or if they do it's on att or verizon, and no, I don't want to pay 150/month for my cell phone..

Last edited:

jnusz

Feb 3, 2011
I want a phone with about a 4.3" screen, flash on the camera, removable battery, and Micro SD. Preferably with that new S4 snapdragon... that things appears to be a beast. But I'm looking for a phone that devs are going to get behind. After having been in the Vibrant community, it'd be really hard to live with a phone that didn't have good dev support. I would honestly be really happy with my wife's HTC Amaze 4g if the dev support was more like the Vibrant. That phone is a beast and I can only imagine how smooth it would run with a good rom like CM9 on it. (but it's my wife's so it's staying stock LOL)

CatThief

Apr 28, 2012
The non-removable battery and no Micro SD is a deal breaker for me. I'm also surprised to see only 16Gb of internal storage in any new phone, especially this one.

I need a phone that blows my socks off the same way my Vibrant did after it was rooted and customized. If there are any regrets I'll be seriously disappointed.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
I just want a phone whose GPS works reliably and a good DAC. I mainly use my phone for those two things. I was hoping HTC would've nailed a good DAC (as I'm aware that HTC has the best GPS rigs), but it just wasn't meant to be.

eweo911

Sep 13, 2008
Seattle
I am going to wait for a better phone. The One S just doesn't do it for me. Sure its probably better than the vibrant but if I'm going to extend my contract, which has been up for about 8 months, I'm going to need a phone that I will be happy with for the next two years. When the next generation of phones which are almost here are offering far superior specs and capabilities, it makes no sense to upgrade to a mildly better phone. T-Mobile should see that and not insult us with "little brother" phones. If I'm paying for it, plus two years on contract, I want my moneys worth. I'm a big boy and I like big boy toys. :D

Pig Vomit

Aug 20, 2008
Orange County, California
I would have loved to get the One S, but would never consider buying a phone with only 16GB and no microSD. I can't tell you how much I want to avoid buying anything from Samsung ever again due to anger over the Vibrant GPS problems and lack of update and other support.