Spice Mi 500: All Things Root thread

Have you rooted your Spice Mi 500?

• Yes, I'm a Superman!

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Nope, I belong to a conservative family.

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

basilan99

Dec 4, 2008
Cassini custom rom thumbs up!

Thanks for posting the link brother.. I hope you'll enjoy it.

If there's a problem or question with the rom just hit me up and please give some feedback, I need it to improve the rom if needed.

Thanks

I tried to flash my Cherry Mobile Titan using the cassini v2.0 ROM and worked perfectly fine. :)
I also experienced major improvement on the phone's performance.
Thanks for this custom ROM. Keep it up!

Reactions: jbrcsales

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
I tried to flash my Cherry Mobile Titan using the cassini v2.0 ROM and worked perfectly fine. :)
I also experienced major improvement on the phone's performance.
Thanks for this custom ROM. Keep it up!
hi
did u have any touch screen problems on this rom as i read that the titan roms give some problems with the touch screen:confused:

basilan99

Dec 4, 2008
hi
did u have any touch screen problems on this rom as i read that the titan roms give some problems with the touch screen:confused:

No problem at all. Smooth scrolling and 3D games play MUCH MUCH SMOOTHER/BETTER (Wild Blood, NBA 2K13, Shadowgun, NBA Jam, Modern Combat 4). :good::good::good: I think this custom ROM packs a lot of tweaks!

I haven't tried to flash the Adiri rom though (can't find the download to it) so I can't really compare what ROM is better. What can you say about the two custom ROMs that you have @konzendoujin? :)

***By the way, I used CWM recovery to flash the cassini v2 ROM.
Steps I did before flashing it:
1. Copy the Cassini ROM on the root of your SD Card (with .zip file extension).
2. Turn off the phone.
3. Turned it back on by holding power button + UP Volume key for few seconds (went to CWM recovery mode).
4. Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
5. Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it.
6. Go to Advanced menu, choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it.
7. Go back to main menu, and choose Install zip/update from sdcard and execute it.
8. Finally it will start to flash the custom rom for a few minutes.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

After flashing the Cassini ROM, you will notice a different launcher and all other stock apps are deleted.
The launcher it uses is called Nemus Launcher and you can modify the themes with it's built in SSKIN Themes.
Here as some screenshots of my Cassini Rom (Liveback_Affrica Theme from SSKIN):

Home Screen:

http: //postimage.org/image/btqfglh5l/
http: //postimage.org/image/4de4tj3af/
http: //postimage.org/image/3n312rggp/

***remove spaces in between the links to see the screenshots.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbrcsales and haree

konzendoujin

Jan 25, 2013
caloocan
custom rom

No problem at all. Smooth scrolling and 3D games play MUCH MUCH SMOOTHER/BETTER (Wild Blood, NBA 2K13, Shadowgun, NBA Jam, Modern Combat 4). :good::good::good: I think this custom ROM packs a lot of tweaks!

I haven't tried to flash the Adiri rom though (can't find the download to it) so I can't really compare what ROM is better. What can you say about the two custom ROMs that you have @konzendoujin? :)

***By the way, I used CWM recovery to flash the cassini v2 ROM.
Steps I did before flashing it:
1. Copy the Cassini ROM on the root of your SD Card (with .zip file extension).
2. Turn off the phone.
3. Turned it back on by holding power button + UP Volume key for few seconds (went to CWM recovery mode).
4. Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
5. Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it.
6. Go to Advanced menu, choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it.
7. Go back to main menu, and choose Install zip/update from sdcard and execute it.
8. Finally it will start to flash the custom rom for a few minutes.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

After flashing the Cassini ROM, you will notice a different launcher and all other stock apps are deleted.
The launcher it uses is called Nemus Launcher and you can modify the themes with it's built in SSKIN Themes.
Here as some screenshots of my Cassini Rom (Liveback_Affrica Theme from SSKIN):

Home Screen:

http: //postimage.org/image/btqfglh5l/
http: //postimage.org/image/4de4tj3af/
http: //postimage.org/image/3n312rggp/

***remove spaces in between the links to see the screenshots.

I haven't published the adiri rom yet. but im using it right now for testing, still in progress. i am currently editing some xml files.
basically the transition effects and delay are removed for instant response. just made some few tweaks and others..

I don't know if I will finish it because Im going to sell my Titan soon and buy Titan T.V.

basilan99

Dec 4, 2008
I haven't published the adiri rom yet. but im using it right now for testing, still in progress. i am currently editing some xml files.
basically the transition effects and delay are removed for instant response. just made some few tweaks and others..

I don't know if I will finish it because Im going to sell my Titan soon and buy Titan T.V.

Hopefully you could finish the Adiri ROM before selling your Titan. :fingers-crossed:
Just saw the Titan TV today and the phone is large.
It has a 6" 480x800 WVGA screen which I think is a downside. I like its 1GB RAM and additional TV though. :laugh:

Mar 8, 2010
low incoming call volume

hi guys i need a little help frm all u learned ones has anyone experienced low earpiece volume in this mobile or it cud be a defect in my particular mobile

if sumone is having the same prob then is there a way to increase incoming call volume

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
screen problem

hi
i have a problem some times when im making or reciving a call the screen does not turn on and i cant even cut the call or do anything this has happen a few times has this happen to any one any solutions :confused:
thanks in advance:good::laugh:

mithun shetty

Oct 23, 2012
hi
i have a problem some times when im making or reciving a call the screen does not turn on and i cant even cut the call or do anything this has happen a few times has this happen to any one any solutions :confused:

I have the same problem occasionally could be due to screen guard.....
I also have bluetooth problem like once in a week turning on bluetooth reboots the phone.....:confused:

Sent from my Spice Mi-500

piyush6040

Oct 20, 2012
screen problem solution

hi

you can edit the build.prop by pulling it first from the device by doing:

open root explorer and go to system folder there you see build.prop copy this file to your internal sd card and transfer this file to windows
now open this file with notepad++ and and add below lines at the end
gsm.proximity.enable=false

now save this and transfer it to your phone again and replace this file in sytem folder now restart your device and its done
(to enable sensor again you need to remove the line from build.prop)

HIT THANX IF THIS HELPED

Reactions: haree

piyush6040

Oct 20, 2012
modified widget locker for s3 lock screen

(sorry guyz i uploaded widget locker apk file without signing it so its give eror like "application not installed" but now i signed it so you can install it on your device now)

hi guyz i have modified widget locker and make honey comb and sense 3 lock theme transparent its look same as s3. just set any water effect wallpaper (s3 dandelian) and start widget locker and set honey comb lock or sence 3 lock and see the magic. you can not see honey comb and sence icon bcoz i removed it just set lock screen and enjoy guyz

hit THANX button if you like my work

MOD EDIT: attachment removed - no warez allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: haree

piyush6040

Oct 20, 2012
[mod] super bass + clear audio

hi spice owner i have make a little mod for your devices. its improve your sound quality at its best. just apply this mod and fill the difference in audio it add super bass effect to you audio. this mod can flashble via cwm.

hit THANX button to support

piyush6040

Oct 20, 2012
fixed widget locker eror

widget locker app is updated (fixed eror - "application not installed"" now download it again and enjoy galaxy s3 like lock screen on your spice.

Reactions: mithun shetty

khanpjp

Feb 17, 2013
I have the same problem. Build prop editing was not much helpfull. Anyother way to do that.

Sent from my Spice Mi 500 using xda app-developers app

piyush6040

Oct 20, 2012
Reactions: khanpjp and haree

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI

jolo0123

Jan 16, 2013
I tried inverting the MMS.apk from stock rom. After recompiling the apk, the changes that I made from colors.xml doesn't show up. It always reverts back to its default values. What should I do? :confused:

orphansmith

Dec 14, 2009
hyderabad
replecement of my spice mi 500
pended till monday'
if that hapens i m gonna upgrade mi PINNACLE

any body is there like me.

Sent from my Micromax A87 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends and spice mi 500 owners!
    As local devices like mi 500 don't have a separate section for them on xda, here's a specific thread for our mi 500 where you can share everything related to the phone: ROMs, recoveries, themes, games you can play and everything that can be done on an Android.

Rooting your phone:

1. Download Bin4ry rooting tool from his thread.
    2. Install drivers on your windows pc using pdanet.
    3. Connect your phone to your pc.
    4. Unzip Bin4ry's tool and run the RunMe.bat batch script.
    5. Follow the instructions that roll in the command window and you will be done.

A big thanks to Nileshtambe for this.

ClockworkMod ported to Spice Mi 500!
    1. Download CWM or TWRP recovery.
    2. Rename the downloaded file to recovery.img and transfer it to your phone's sd card.
    3. Download Mobile uncle MTK Tools from Play Store.
    4. Open the app and select update recovery.
    5. Select yes in the confirmation dialog and your recovery will be flashed.

Thank you Yuweng for porting CWM, and NileshTambe for confirming it's working.
    spice_mi-500_01.jpg

Specs of Spice Mi 500:
    Dimensions: 143x77.4x10.5 mm
    GSM Phone,Quad-band GSM 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900
    MHz
    Battery: 2400 mAh
    5" TFT display with 480x800 resolution, 186.59 ppi density and 0.1361 mm dot pitch.
    Weight: 205 g
    Capacitive multitouch touch screen
    Storage:
    Internal: 2.07 GB
    External: upto 32 GB
    Ram: 512 MB
    ROM: 4 GB

CAMERA:
    Secondary/back camera: 5 megapixels with autofocus and dual LED flash
    Primary Camera: 0.3 megapixel

GPS/A-GPS, proximity sensor, accelerometer

The phone is dual Sim and supports dual standby. Other hardware features include 3G, Bluetooth, Wifi and everything else generally found in a phone.

The phone can currently be ordered from saholic for inr 12,499.

Whatever follows ahead is not meant for noobs, neither for those who don't want to risk their devices. Following anything below might lead you to voiding your manufacturer warranty.

P.S. If any developer has got this device, please port clockwork mood recovery to this device. If you have got any specific rooting method that worked for your mi 500, post it below our pm me.
    Invalid imei (solved)

Invalid imei is solved just follow below steps
    * require root access *

copy file containing IMEI codes MP0B_001 with root explorer
    The file containing the IMEI codes (MP0B_001) in Android systems with processor MTK65XX, is in the following location: /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001

copy it to the Desktop with Windows 2000/XP/7

Place it in a folder created called IMEI in C:\Documentes and Settings\User\ and insert the files imei.exe (which i have uploaded in attachment) and MP0B_001.

Now open a cmd window by typing start -> run -> cmd -> chdir C: \ -> chdir C: \ IMEI

Inside the cmd window, type: imei.exe[space] IMEI1 [space] IMEI2 Example : imei.exe 123456789000 123456789000

This will create a new file called MP0B_001_NEW

delete MP0B_001 file

now rename MP0B_001_NEW to MP0B_001

now connect your mobile and send this file in any folder in your mobile

now open root explorer and copy MP0B_001 ( which we make in computer ) to this location
    /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001

overwrite the file and all done

now restart your mobile and your imei is restored

if this tutorial helped hit " THANX "
    Hey Nileshtambe and others, here's v2 of TWRP recovery for Spice Mi 500, check it out and tell if this time it is displaying properly.
    stock rom for mi 500 links to download cheers

http://ge.tt/4YYRNdS

contains
    Catcher Tool_V3.0906.0,
    Drivers,
    FlashTool_v5.1222.00,
    IMEI Tool KC500 Write IMEI MEID,
    Meta Tool,
    stock rom MI-500
    tested working fine thanks for proving new touch recovery its very easy to operate than conventional cmw

You can press the thanks button instead of taking in a reply, that won't count :p