[Q] Super Low benchmark

Search This thread

eepyikes

Apr 26, 2011
I ran an Antutu benchmark and was surprised to find that I scored only 15078! That's like half what it should be, right?

Only questionable app running is themer. Any other ideas what could be causing such a low benchmark? Phone is not particularly laggy. Maybe when hanging up calls sometimes, I end up hitting the wrong button because it lags after hangup.

Update: uninstalled themer and that got it up to 20,000 but still rather low...

*Stock running Kitkat

Last edited:

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
I ran an Antutu benchmark and was surprised to find that I scored only 15078! That's like half what it should be, right?

Only questionable app running is themer. Any other ideas what could be causing such a low benchmark? Phone is not particularly laggy. Maybe when hanging up calls sometimes, I end up hitting the wrong button because it lags after hangup.

Update: uninstalled themer and that got it up to 20,000 but still rather low...

*Stock running Kitkat

Out of curiosity, did you update the LG home to the G3 home? When I updated mine, my phone ran noticeably slower. Uninstalled and phone is back to where it was before the update. Just a thought...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eepyikes

Apr 26, 2011
Nah, everything is 100% stock, aside from Verizon kitkat update.

Out of curiosity, did you update the LG home to the G3 home? When I updated mine, my phone ran noticeably slower. Uninstalled and phone is back to where it was before the update. Just a thought...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
Nah, everything is 100% stock, aside from Verizon kitkat update.

It's because much like the newer Samsung phones, your becnhmark results were boosted. Part of the KK update blocks boosted benchamark scores. This is also why results are so different between stock and source builds. What you're getting now, and what you would get on source based builds are your more accurate benchmarks.

Besides, benchmarks don't matter 1 bit. They in no way reflect real world use.