Search This thread

pharpe

Mar 30, 2011
Dallas
Lenovo P11

BitingChaos

Apr 18, 2011
St. Louis
They're going to have to set it to $199 to be considered.

If Amazon has a tablet packed with features for $199, why would they buy a B&N tablet with less functionality for $249?

B&N is selling the Nook Color for $149 on eBay. That will probably be the standard price after the Kindle Fire is released.

pharpe

Mar 30, 2011
Dallas
Lenovo P11

If Amazon has a tablet packed with features for $199, why would they buy a B&N tablet with less functionality for $249?

B&N is selling the Nook Color for $149 on eBay. That will probably be the standard price after the Kindle Fire is released.

149 is for the refurbs. new is still at 249. can't imagine the Nook 2 being cheaper.

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan

Packed with features? Are you serious? Its almost the exact same as the Nook Color (save the dual-core cpu).

Honestly, I think they should keep the original color around and sell it at a slightly lower than the KF price point, maybe $179? Perhaps the 2 should be a 10" version (it would be the only 10" 'e-reader' on the market, no?). Give it a little more ram and a dual core processor and call it a day (put it back at the $249 price point).

guardianali

Dec 18, 2009
Dual core faster cpu for games and high definition movies. More ram.

Plus... KF has amazon streaming video. Not just books like nook. For non hackers the kf is going to be a much better multimedia device vice just reading. Plus native android market via amazon market.

Gonna be hard to beat software offering wise.

Aaand once hacked.. That dual core cpu will make transcoding native xvid divx files without reencoding much smoother.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
Dual core faster cpu for games and high definition movies. More ram.

Plus... KF has amazon streaming video. Not just books like nook. For non hackers the kf is going to be a much better multimedia device vice just reading. Plus native android market via amazon market.

Gonna be hard to beat software offering wise.

Aaand once hacked.. That dual core cpu will make transcoding native xvid divx files without reencoding much smoother.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

We can't really start comparing since we don't know what the NC 2 will bring. Posible a dual core cpu, and maybe it will have full access to the market. But its just plain speculation, what we know is that the KF has no sd card slot, so transfering files to it its gonna be a pain, unless you want to upload pirated stuff (movies, tv shoes, videos etc) to their anti-freedom cloud :p lol

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan

spikexp

May 9, 2011
the KF won't have an external storage slot, that's alone make it for all the strong side...

japzone

Dec 25, 2010
The KF can never beet the Nook's main killer feature, it's "Unbrickable" without a mod right out of the box. If the Nook2 even has that it will instantly be better then the KF, at least in the Dev community's eyes (and those are the ones that matter)

Reactions: joeb690
May 2, 2010
The KF has no memory card slot. That is deal-breaker for me. I recently bricked my NC. But thanks to all the info on xda I was able to restore her. And I'm running CM7.1 on sd. CM7.1 runs great off an sd card. A dual-boot NC beats the crap out of the KF imho.

Just got the news about the Nook Color 2. But I can't find any specs beside some rumors.

I'll raise you. Code named 'Acclaim,' price point at a speculated $349 10" tablet. Smart touch tablet holding at $139, and the Color at $249. Expect some sort of announcement on Nov. 7th.

B&N will have 3 ebook readers next quarter, not 2. According to the slide, the NookColor will be getting a brother tablet. Now, I’ve been asked not to post the slide, unfortunately; it might be possible to trace it back to my source. Here’s what it says:

Nook EPD
Smart Touch $139
Nook Color
Encore $249
Acclaim $349
There’s also a notation that it has been approved by WL/JI, and I believe those are the initials of William Lynch (CEO of B&N) and James Iannone (head of B&N Digital Products). (Before I go further, let me confirm that Encore and Smart Touch are valid product names for the current 6″ Nook Touch and 7″ NookColor.) That part is legit.

All I have right now are the names and prices of the tablets, but that alone tells me several details. First and foremost, B&N will keep the NookTouch at $139, and they will have the 2 NookColors at higher price points. The Encore and Acclaim tablets will be priced at $249 and $349.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2011/09/23/barnes-noble-to-launch-2-new-nookcolors-this-year/

Also....this!

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2011/10/27/barnes-noble-to-ship-new-nookcolor-on-7-november/

Reactions: japzone

japzone

Dec 25, 2010
All the Nook Colors and Kindle3s disappeared from my local Walmart Supercenter the shelf that they were on a few days ago is empty with only the price stickers and a few Nook screen protectors hanging around. Also checking the Website it says all the Walmarts within a few dozen miles have "Limited" or "Out of Stock" listed for the Nook Color.

pharpe

Mar 30, 2011
Dallas
Lenovo P11
Since you ordered yours so close to the new one, maybe you can exchange it. That's if you bought from BN

I actually ordered it from overstock.com. They have a 30 full refund return policy so I may just send it back. I'll probably keep it though. It's a refurb and I only paid $149. There is no telling what the Nook 2 will cost. Plus it's going to take a while to get root and for stable roms to be developed.

japzone

Dec 25, 2010
I actually ordered it from overstock.com. They have a 30 full refund return policy so I may just send it back. I'll probably keep it though. It's a refurb and I only paid $149. There is no telling what the Nook 2 will cost. Plus it's going to take a while to get root and for stable roms to be developed.

Yeah $150 isn't much so you might as well keep it. If you get a Nook2 in the future you can use the NC as a test Bed/Custom Tablet/Play Thing permanently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The KF can never beet the Nook's main killer feature, it's "Unbrickable" without a mod right out of the box. If the Nook2 even has that it will instantly be better then the KF, at least in the Dev community's eyes (and those are the ones that matter)

I'll raise you. Code named 'Acclaim,' price point at a speculated $349 10" tablet. Smart touch tablet holding at $139, and the Color at $249. Expect some sort of announcement on Nov. 7th.

B&N will have 3 ebook readers next quarter, not 2. According to the slide, the NookColor will be getting a brother tablet. Now, I’ve been asked not to post the slide, unfortunately; it might be possible to trace it back to my source. Here’s what it says:

Nook EPD
    Smart Touch $139
    Nook Color
    Encore $249
    Acclaim $349
    There’s also a notation that it has been approved by WL/JI, and I believe those are the initials of William Lynch (CEO of B&N) and James Iannone (head of B&N Digital Products). (Before I go further, let me confirm that Encore and Smart Touch are valid product names for the current 6″ Nook Touch and 7″ NookColor.) That part is legit.

All I have right now are the names and prices of the tablets, but that alone tells me several details. First and foremost, B&N will keep the NookTouch at $139, and they will have the 2 NookColors at higher price points. The Encore and Acclaim tablets will be priced at $249 and $349.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2011/09/23/barnes-noble-to-launch-2-new-nookcolors-this-year/

Also....this!

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2011/10/27/barnes-noble-to-ship-new-nookcolor-on-7-november/