[Q] Why does it say Near Field Communication on the battery?

Search This thread

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Not to get to far off topic but I saw some metal battery covers on ebay, has anybody tried these and do they interfere with the NFC

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
Just an FYI if you are looking to replace your battery with an NFC battery don't buy from ebay seller http://myworld.ebay.com/liang22211 He claims the battery is OEM and it looks it, has the NFC notation on it but it does not work. Sure looks the part though!

It says In one of his listing that it is not nfc compatible... It also says noar on the battery, not near

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Jester23

It says In one of his listing that it is not nfc compatible... It also says noar on the battery, not near

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I just received an email from him last night refunding my money and advised that he will from now on add that it is not NFC compatible on his ebay listings. :)

At least he's trying to get legit.

N

ned98

Sorry for bringing back this topic, but i just bought a 3150mAh battery from ebay and I was wondering if there can be a way to "rip off" the NFC antenna from the original battery and apply it to this newer one.
By tearing down the original battery, I saw that the antenna is connected into the battery (maybe the other two connectors beside battery's positive and negative?)

G

GuestK007

Sorry for bringing back this topic, but i just bought a 3150mAh battery from ebay and I was wondering if there can be a way to "rip off" the NFC antenna from the original battery and apply it to this newer one.
By tearing down the original battery, I saw that the antenna is connected into the battery (maybe the other two connectors beside battery's positive and negative?)

honestly if you are askign this question, you probably should leave the battery alone before you risk injuring yourself

NoMoNada

Oct 31, 2007
I get now.

I was reading this threat because i have myself bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and found higher capacity Battery's on the internet.
The confusion for me was indeed with NFC line written on teh Battery's or Not....
Still after reading this whole threat i was confused...until i asked myself what was written on the original Battery that comes with the Note 3.

And there it was a line on the original Samsung Note 3 Battery: "Near Field communication".
So then i was finally able to put it all together with the 2 pictures earlier in this threat.

So depending on my personal wishes, if i want to use the near field communication functionality i need to buy the high capacity Battery with the NFC-Antenna in the Battery.

That's why there is the line NFC on the Battery's.

I was stupid enough to buy both versions(with NFC and Without NFC written on the Battery's) before i started reading and exploring here... :(

Abhishek205

Jun 24, 2015
Nfc stated on the battery.

Its stated on the battery because the nfc ariel or antenna is integrated with the battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Uhhhhhhhhhh.. Because it has NFC chip? Not trying to be mean or.rude, but that's pretty obvious.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    I was just wondering why does it state Near Field Communication on the battery?

Cheers

on all the new devices like SGS2 and NG the NFC has been moved to the battery to conserve space in the phone for other parts

TDlQcM2OdFoNZ6JE.medium
    eBYegRmBLRY4orcf.medium
    And it it cost what .30 cents to place an NFC chip on a credit card. Its not going to raise the price of the battery at all.

(yes I know they are different chips but point still stands but it is not an Expensive technology.