[Q] Differences betwen roms

Search This thread
Aug 23, 2012
Hello guys

Just want to know whats the differences betwen roms at Galaxy Note 8.0 Android Development section and Galaxy Note 8.0 Original Android Development section?

What roms are based on samsung's original firmware and what roms are AOSP?

Att,

whitemolecule

Feb 8, 2014
Hello guys

Just want to know whats the differences betwen roms at Galaxy Note 8.0 Android Development section and Galaxy Note 8.0 Original Android Development section?

What roms are based on samsung's original firmware and what roms are AOSP?

Att,

Original Android Development -> AOSP ROMS (CM, Slim, Carbon, Omni etc.)
Android Development -> Stock Touchwiz based ROMs.

Currently AOSP based ROM's are not as stable as stock ROMs, but they are getting stable day by day and they are using Android 4.4.
Stock firmware based (Touchwiz) ROM's are 4.2.2 and contain some modifications to original firmware.

hertsjoatmon

Dec 10, 2012
Hertfordshire (Herts)
I'm going to jump on the back of this thread rather than start a new one...

Not been on here in terms of system specifics for a while ( I hover over the Note art threads mostly), but am starting to get the upgrade bug again and am thinking of taking a day off work so that I can refresh my 2 android devices (note 8 and TF101).

GT-N5110 Current state
Android version: 4.1.2 (Stock)
Kernel version: CivZ-StormBorn-Rev1.7

There seems to be many ROMs doing the rounds on here at the moment. For those who have tried many of them what would you recomend me updating to? I only tend to flash every 6 months to year and have started to go a little cross eyed with all the available options and updates to each.

My main requirements are with stability and performance, I'm not fused whether it is touchwiz based or not. The art programmes I use tend to take up alot of memory and CPU when rendering (mostly Clover Paint, not that what app I use should make a difference), so I'd like a ROM thats fairly light and wont crash out on me when I get inspiration for a drawing.

thorjansen

Jan 3, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm kinda partial to Carbon KK (this week). One of the few 4.4.2 based Roms. But I do like to hop, so next week? Maybe Slim. Don't miss any of the Samsung apps and/or bloatware, and s-pen works just fine for what I need to do.

--
Sent from my GT-N5110 running Carbon-KK-4.4.2