Functions in UB

Search This thread

icerebro

Nov 9, 2011
Hi people, well I've been looking for this answer but i haven't find any one.

When you Unlock the Bootloader of Moto X, Can it still work with the Stock ROM?
The Roms which are not based on Stock, for Example CM, or others, do they still keep the native functions from Moto X? I mean the "Ok, google now" for waking the phone, or that one which wakes the phone when you move.

And, What about the OTA in UB?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

iCerebro.

imparables

Oct 5, 2010
New Jerz
Hi people, well I've been looking for this answer but i haven't find any one.

When you Unlock the Bootloader of Moto X, Can it still work with the Stock ROM?
The Roms which are not based on Stock, for Example CM, or others, do they still keep the native functions from Moto X? I mean the "Ok, google now" for waking the phone, or that one which wakes the phone when you move.

And, What about the OTA in UB?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

iCerebro.

You should have no problem running stock Roms at all. Unfortunately for CM builds and such, Motorola native functions usually don't work. Hope that helps. Doesn't mean you can't go back and forth and try different Roms...that's the beauty of an unlocked boot loader, opens the Moto X to new worlds.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

icerebro

Nov 9, 2011
Thanks for the answer, I have had my other phone and Unlocked its bootloader, but in this phone I see there are a lot of problems for bricking and no posibilitis for unbricking, so I just want to have my phone rooted. But for now is impossible.

D

Darth

I'd suggest you read through all the sticky threads in general and q&a and learn how all this stuff works, before you do anything.

The more knowledge you possess, the less likely you'll have issues, minor or major. ;)

All your questions were good ones....just very basic ones. I wouldn't jump into anything until you fully understand what you are about to do.

Good luck and enjoy!!

imparables

Oct 5, 2010
New Jerz
I'd suggest you read through all the sticky threads in general and q&a and learn how all this stuff works, before you do anything.

The more knowledge you possess, the less likely you'll have issues, minor or major. ;)

All your questions were good ones....just very basic ones. I wouldn't jump into anything until you fully understand what you are about to do.

Good luck and enjoy!!

Definitely this!

Sent from my Unlocked VZW M-O-T-O XxX