[Q] HTC Droid DNA on CM11 M7 release

Search This thread

kgwy

May 2, 2014
Dharwad
Hi All,

My Droid DNA is currently running CM11 M7 release. I have been experiencing network signal loss around 3-4 times a day. Every time I lose the signal, my phone automatically restarts and acquires the signal back.

Previously, before updating to M7, a month back I was on one of the May Nightlies (forgot the date and lost the backup too) and was not seeing this issue.

What could possibly be wrong? Do you think I should update the radio, hboot or go back to some other version of CM?

Your responses are much appreciated!

Thanks,

kgwy

May 2, 2014
Dharwad
Yup, try a full wipe (dalvik, cache, data, and system...restore NOTHING).

Yes, I tried wiping the dalvik along with cache, data and kept it under monitoring for 1 full day to see the problem and yes, it did restart again. So, no, I dont think wiping dalvik, cache data is helping!

What about the system? Do you mean to say, I need to install the firmware and stuff? Please advise.

Thanks
Kiran

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Hi All,

My Droid DNA is currently running CM11 M7 release. I have been experiencing network signal loss around 3-4 times a day. Every time I lose the signal, my phone automatically restarts and acquires the signal back.

Previously, before updating to M7, a month back I was on one of the May Nightlies (forgot the date and lost the backup too) and was not seeing this issue.

What could possibly be wrong? Do you think I should update the radio, hboot or go back to some other version of CM?

Your responses are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Nothing changed in CM that would require the new radio. It is always possible something changed at Verizon requiring the new radios though.

Next time it happens grab all the logs using the SysLog app by tortel and send them to me in a PM.

kgwy

May 2, 2014
Dharwad
Nothing changed in CM that would require the new radio. It is always possible something changed at Verizon requiring the new radios though.

Next time it happens grab all the logs using the SysLog app by tortel and send them to me in a PM.

thanks for your response!

I have downloaded the app now. Its actually difficult to capture the logs just before the phone restarts as I don't know the time it happens. But let me try and see what I can capture.

Thanks

EDIT - Hi @crpalmer, I have been trying to get hold of the logs. However, I am unable to as I exactly don't know when the system will restart. Question is, do you need the logs just before the restart or is it okay to get it after the restart too? If you need them after the restart, is there a time-line before which I can capture them?

Please advise.

Last edited:

durgis

Feb 12, 2010

I have downloaded the app now. Its actually difficult to capture the logs just before the phone restarts as I don't know the time it happens. But let me try and see what I can capture.

Thanks

EDIT - Hi @crpalmer, I have been trying to get hold of the logs. However, I am unable to as I exactly don't know when the system will restart. Question is, do you need the logs just before the restart or is it okay to get it after the restart too? If you need them after the restart, is there a time-line before which I can capture them?

Please advise.

You can usually find the log from the last reboot by running the following adb commands. This *should* show any errors that were causing the freeze/reboot.

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

It appears you can also do this through SysLog by sharing the 'Last Kernel Log'.

Reactions: kgwy

kgwy

May 2, 2014
Dharwad
You can usually find the log from the last reboot by running the following adb commands. This *should* show any errors that were causing the freeze/reboot.

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

It appears you can also do this through SysLog by sharing the 'Last Kernel Log'.

Thank you! I have now sent the logs to @crpalmer and hoping that he will shed some light..

kgwy

May 2, 2014
Dharwad
Update

Thank you! I have now sent the logs to @crpalmer and hoping that he will shed some light..

UPDATE - Just an update to people who may be following this thread

I did provide the logs to @crpalmer. His response

"There isn't much there. All it says is that it failed to bring some hardware back online after sleeping. I've seen that once before and thought it was likely a sign of a hardware problem."

He also pointed me to https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-4205 where they are tracking this problem which is similar to mine.

However, after having reported this issue with my phone, my phone never has restarted because of this problem. Its been more than 150 hours since my phone last restarted. Note that there has been no change in my phone updates or anything similar.

I am still following the above link and hoping that it will be included in one of the nightlies.

Thank you,

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011

"There isn't much there. All it says is that it failed to bring some hardware back online after sleeping. I've seen that once before and thought it was likely a sign of a hardware problem."

He also pointed me to https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-4205 where they are tracking this problem which is similar to mine.

However, after having reported this issue with my phone, my phone never has restarted because of this problem. Its been more than 150 hours since my phone last restarted. Note that there has been no change in my phone updates or anything similar.

I am still following the above link and hoping that it will be included in one of the nightlies.

Thank you,

FYI, the person that reported the jira issue ran a test build (with a change made for this problem) for 3 days (it usually rebooted for him within a few minutes) so it was merged today.

Reactions: durgis and kgwy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you,

FYI, the person that reported the jira issue ran a test build (with a change made for this problem) for 3 days (it usually rebooted for him within a few minutes) so it was merged today.

Thanks

Please advise.

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg