(FAQ)(GUIDES) Place for aspiring devs-Added : HOW TO FOR BOOTANIMATIONS

Search This thread

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
This thread will be focussed on developing custom roms and modding apps to enhance its UI. There will be step by step tutorials and I will keep it noob friendly as much as possible. People can also share their problems coming while creating/modifying their roms/apps here and I or any other person can get provide you with best solutions as soon as possible. If you want to share your knowledge or if you think my methods are not working then you can PM me and I will update the posts below. I will start working on this thread tomorrow and will keep updating it frequently. Time to reserve :D

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Finally after some research I found a way to make UOT bootanimations work on our phone!

Requirements:
1.Boot Animation Creator
2. 5MB space

Instructions:

1.Go to uot.dakra.lt and get any bootanimation you want.
2.After it is made, download the package to wherever you want on your pc.
3.Open the package and go to /system/media, copy the sanim.zip to any folder. Name it bootanimation.
4.Extract sanim.zip here
5.Open Boot Animation Creator and browse to the folder where you extracted the contents of sanim.zip
part1boot.png

6.Click next and you would see something like this.
boot2.png

7.Set the values as shown
boot3y.png

8.Click on "add loop" . Choose folder in increasing order example:
part0 - first
part2 - second
partx-third
And set the loops to '1'
boot4.png

9.Finally it should be like this
boot5.png

10.Click next and put the location where you want the final result
boot6.png

Keep the name to be 'bootanimation'
11.Move this file obtained in the uot package you earlier download under the directory /system/media and delete sanim.zip
12.Flash it and it will work!!

Last edited:

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Modding status bar

Requirements:
1.Apk decompiler
2.Notepad++(recommended)
3.SystemUI.apk
4.Sharp eyes for smali editing

MANUAL TRANSPARENCY MOD

1.Decompile SystemUI.apk
2.Go to smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarService.smali and open it with Notepad++
3.Search for this line
Code:
new-instance v0, Landroid/view/WindowManager$LayoutParams;
4.Shortly after that you will see this line:
asdasdasdto.png

Change the highlighted value to
Code:
const/4 v5, -0x3
5.Save the file.

By doing the above procedure we have enabled TRANSPARENCY.

To put color in your status bar do this:

1.Go to res/layout/statusbar.xml
2.It would look like this:
statusbarb.png

Change the values of background to this: (Highlighted text)
statusbarg.png

3.Now go to res/drawable-ldpi/ and create a image named "statusbarbackground" remove "". The resolution should be 240x19(You can also use a full transparent image)
4.Compile apk

Last edited:

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Modding apps

Requirements:
1.Apk decompiler
2.Notepad++(recommended)
3.Settigns.apk
4.Phone with spare parts installed.

MODDING SETTINS.APK
Over here I will show how to add more apps in settings.apk

1.Decompile settings.apk
2.Go to res/xml/settings.xml and open it with notepad++
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before editing something you need to know what all tags we would be dealing with:

a)android:title="PATH OF STRING" : Strings tell the system what name should be designated for that space.It would be something like "@string/xxxx" to know what this"xxxx" tells to the system go to values/strings.xml and find the string name. After the string name you will see what it actually means.Instead of putting a string in it, you can directly put the text you want but it should be in this format "xxx"

b)android:summary="xxx" :Is similar to string function but it shows the subtitle of the string and its optional to use.Over here also you can put anything you want but in "xxx"

c) <intent android:targetPackage="NAME OF PACKAGE" :It is used for directing any app to show in settings. It is like the internal name of the app

d)android:targetClass="FILE TO BE EXECUTED" :As you know a app has alot of files in it. This tag tells the system to execute 'x' command when the above tag is pressed.If you are going to use the tag I showed above then putting this is a MUST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.Decompile the app you want to add in settings. I take 'SpareParts' as an example.
4.Open the decompiled file and go to AndroidManifest.xml and look for something like this
spareparts.png

"com.android.spare_parts" is the internal package name and every app has it.
5.Now we need the target class of the apk. For that download adw launcher and keep pressing anywhere on the background to open desktop settings.
6.Go to custom shortcut-->pick your activity-->Activity-->Find SpareParts and click on it.You will see something like this:
sc20120628203052.png

7.The things in the brackets is the class of the package. To convert it into target class you need to first copy the targetpackage and then add the things in brackets to it.The final targetclass would be "com.android.spare_parts.SpareParts"
8.We are now done with the difficult part.Now we need to put this in settings.xml. For that copy any COMPLETE tag over there are make the modifications in it.Here is how it should look:
Code:
Original code(I copied the last code)
- <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/about_settings" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_about">
  <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.DeviceInfoSettings" /> 
  </com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen>
And put the corresponding values to it:
Code:
- <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="Spareparts" android:summary="Few modifications" settings:icon="@drawable/spareparts">
  <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.spare_parts" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.spare_parts.SpareParts" /> 

9.Place the modified code at last before /PreferenceScreen.After this put a icon for that app in drawable-ldpi folder with the name spareparts or whatever name you want

Compile it. If there are errors then post below I will provide solutions. If successfully compiled then copy the /res folder , resources.arsc in the original Settings.apk and flash it.

Last edited:

savie

Feb 8, 2012
This is what i need..
Prove guide to sgy..
There's many guide out there but simetimes not work to sgy coz diff file/else..
Hope always update..

Last edited:

Soul reaper

Apr 9, 2012
UltraMusic Fest
hey bro can u plzz upload a miui player with workin widget on the status bar...can u recompile it from stock player..till now no custom rom with this option

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

and one more idea
if u can ..u cud upload videos and pics tooo as a step by step procedure

==================_______=========
press thanks if i speak right
:D

Reactions: TechBurner

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
hey bro can u plzz upload a miui player with workin widget on the status bar...can u recompile it from stock player..till now no custom rom with this option

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

and one more idea
if u can ..u cud upload videos and pics tooo as a step by step procedure

==================_______=========
press thanks if i speak right
:D

i dont hav tym for videos.. i will upload pics for diff. steps

b16h22

Apr 30, 2012
Exellent thread mate.Extremely useful.

sent while doin' some burnouts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread will be focussed on developing custom roms and modding apps to enhance its UI. There will be step by step tutorials and I will keep it noob friendly as much as possible. People can also share their problems coming while creating/modifying their roms/apps here and I or any other person can get provide you with best solutions as soon as possible. If you want to share your knowledge or if you think my methods are not working then you can PM me and I will update the posts below. I will start working on this thread tomorrow and will keep updating it frequently. Time to reserve :D

Modding status bar

Requirements:
    1.Apk decompiler
    2.Notepad++(recommended)
    3.SystemUI.apk
    4.Sharp eyes for smali editing

MANUAL TRANSPARENCY MOD

1.Decompile SystemUI.apk
    2.Go to smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarService.smali and open it with Notepad++
    3.Search for this line
    Code:
    new-instance v0, Landroid/view/WindowManager$LayoutParams;
    4.Shortly after that you will see this line:
    asdasdasdto.png

Change the highlighted value to
    Code:
    const/4 v5, -0x3
    5.Save the file.

By doing the above procedure we have enabled TRANSPARENCY.

To put color in your status bar do this:

1.Go to res/layout/statusbar.xml
    2.It would look like this:
    statusbarb.png

Change the values of background to this: (Highlighted text)
    statusbarg.png

3.Now go to res/drawable-ldpi/ and create a image named "statusbarbackground" remove "". The resolution should be 240x19(You can also use a full transparent image)
    4.Compile apk

Modding apps

Requirements:
    1.Apk decompiler
    2.Notepad++(recommended)
    3.Settigns.apk
    4.Phone with spare parts installed.

MODDING SETTINS.APK
    Over here I will show how to add more apps in settings.apk

1.Decompile settings.apk
    2.Go to res/xml/settings.xml and open it with notepad++
    Before editing something you need to know what all tags we would be dealing with:

a)android:title="PATH OF STRING" : Strings tell the system what name should be designated for that space.It would be something like "@string/xxxx" to know what this"xxxx" tells to the system go to values/strings.xml and find the string name. After the string name you will see what it actually means.Instead of putting a string in it, you can directly put the text you want but it should be in this format "xxx"

b)android:summary="xxx" :Is similar to string function but it shows the subtitle of the string and its optional to use.Over here also you can put anything you want but in "xxx"

c) <intent android:targetPackage="NAME OF PACKAGE" :It is used for directing any app to show in settings. It is like the internal name of the app

d)android:targetClass="FILE TO BE EXECUTED" :As you know a app has alot of files in it. This tag tells the system to execute 'x' command when the above tag is pressed.If you are going to use the tag I showed above then putting this is a MUST.

3.Decompile the app you want to add in settings. I take 'SpareParts' as an example.
    4.Open the decompiled file and go to AndroidManifest.xml and look for something like this
    spareparts.png

"com.android.spare_parts" is the internal package name and every app has it.
    5.Now we need the target class of the apk. For that download adw launcher and keep pressing anywhere on the background to open desktop settings.
    6.Go to custom shortcut-->pick your activity-->Activity-->Find SpareParts and click on it.You will see something like this:
    sc20120628203052.png

7.The things in the brackets is the class of the package. To convert it into target class you need to first copy the targetpackage and then add the things in brackets to it.The final targetclass would be "com.android.spare_parts.SpareParts"
    8.We are now done with the difficult part.Now we need to put this in settings.xml. For that copy any COMPLETE tag over there are make the modifications in it.Here is how it should look:
    Code:
    Original code(I copied the last code)
    - <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/about_settings" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_about">
      <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.DeviceInfoSettings" /> 
    And put the corresponding values to it:
    Code:
    - <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="Spareparts" android:summary="Few modifications" settings:icon="@drawable/spareparts">
      <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.spare_parts" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.spare_parts.SpareParts" /> 

9.Place the modified code at last before /PreferenceScreen.After this put a icon for that app in drawable-ldpi folder with the name spareparts or whatever name you want

Compile it. If there are errors then post below I will provide solutions. If successfully compiled then copy the /res folder , resources.arsc in the original Settings.apk and flash it.

Finally after some research I found a way to make UOT bootanimations work on our phone!

Requirements:
    1.Boot Animation Creator
    2. 5MB space

Instructions:

1.Go to uot.dakra.lt and get any bootanimation you want.
    2.After it is made, download the package to wherever you want on your pc.
    3.Open the package and go to /system/media, copy the sanim.zip to any folder. Name it bootanimation.
    4.Extract sanim.zip here
    5.Open Boot Animation Creator and browse to the folder where you extracted the contents of sanim.zip
    part1boot.png

6.Click next and you would see something like this.
    boot2.png

7.Set the values as shown
    boot3y.png

8.Click on "add loop" . Choose folder in increasing order example:
    part0 - first
    part2 - second
    partx-third
    And set the loops to '1'
    boot4.png

9.Finally it should be like this
    boot5.png

10.Click next and put the location where you want the final result
    boot6.png

Keep the name to be 'bootanimation'
    11.Move this file obtained in the uot package you earlier download under the directory /system/media and delete sanim.zip
    12.Flash it and it will work!!
    Reserve for framework