Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
You must have "Odin3-v1.85" and not an earlier version.

If you have that, pull battery and try again.

Mendedlogic

May 13, 2011
You must have "Odin3-v1.85" and not an earlier version.

If you have that, pull battery and try again.

Yes I started out with the earlier version and it crashed on me so then I found this Odin3-v1.85 version.. Ive removed the battery several times.. I still have the same screen and Odin still gets stuck at the same spot

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I just made another attempt and it didn't hang per say like it has been but rather FAILED quickly.. Now there is a space under NAND Write Start!!.. I wonder if that is a bad file maybe??

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/007> Removed!!

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
Sounds like it is a bad file....and I don't have the Md5 for either....

VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed.tar is 468 MB (490,792,960 bytes)

VzW-PHONE-ODIN-SCH-I515.EK02_LTE.tar is 10.2 MB (10,752,000 bytes)

That might help ???

Mendedlogic

May 13, 2011
Ok I found this file CF-Root-GGN_MYSID_ICL53F-v5.1 which is for the CDMA VZW phones and this is what I get..

Capture_Od.jpg

zianis

Dec 15, 2010
Hi

Well it's the first time I let a reply in this forum.

I just want to thank you so much dear capanov, because you just rescued my life (my geek life actually ^^).

I bought a blacklisted Galaxy Nexus and at SFR (french operator), they didn't want to fix this problem I got (the same as you, the yellow triangle between phone and computer).

I follow the first post and it's ok.

Thank you again.

Oh and sorry for my bad english !

Last edited:

femim1

Oct 3, 2012
calgary
How?

Think what you want. it was hard for me to believe that i was getting my expensive phone "soft bricked". You can´t get the phone in fastboot mode or any other.

By the way, thanks for instructions on how to put the phone in fastboot mode :) ...
the day you get a soft brick on your galaxy nexus, you will see that the only thing is to do as described above.

Sincerely, C : -

how did you fix your phone, to get off that screen? mine is stuck in that screen right now.

paolas

Feb 8, 2013
thanks

How to fix soft bricked galaxy nexus

I Bricked my Galaxy Nexus and there wasn´t anything i could do too fix it. But here is my fix and solution:

When you soft brick your phone you see only "phone -warning triangle- computer" when you power your phone. There is nothing to do, the phone wont be recognized in any platform or program then Odin.
In Odin with installed nexus galaxy driver in windows you can se that the phone is connected. But you cant flash it or do odin restore.

The solution:
On windows xp with installed nexus galaxy drivers.

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START

Your Nexus Galaxy is back to track…..

PS: your phone whil boot whith dead android picture.. DONT do anything it whil reboot after 3-5 minutes by its self..

Fastest solution

thank you very much thank you so much I could relive my galaxy nexus i9250 with your tutorial ... you are great teacher:fingers-crossed::eek:;)

ubatavia

Dec 28, 2012

I Bricked my Galaxy Nexus and there wasn´t anything i could do too fix it. But here is my fix and solution:

When you soft brick your phone you see only "phone -warning triangle- computer" when you power your phone. There is nothing to do, the phone wont be recognized in any platform or program then Odin.
In Odin with installed nexus galaxy driver in windows you can se that the phone is connected. But you cant flash it or do odin restore.

The solution:

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START

PS: your phone whil boot whith dead android picture.. DONT do anything it whil reboot after 3-5 minutes by its self..

Fastest solution

Man you are a life saver! May God bless you!

joshua20031990

Mar 20, 2013

The solution:

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
4. START

Fastest solution

I downloaded odin 3 v1.85. I am unable to open it in my system. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
But I am able to open Odin 3 v3.07. Is it Ok to use this version to unbrick?

Awaiting your reply ,
Joshua

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The solution:

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
    4. START

Fastest solution
    Please excuse me; I was only trying to understand. So putting the phone into fastboot mode resulted in the same "phone -warning triangle- computer" display?

I posted as I did because CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 is actually a rooted kernel from chainfire which flashes to the boot partition. In fact, that's what your Odin shot showed: "Firmware update start", followed by "boot.img". That indicated to me that your bootloader partition may have been still good since you can't boot without a valid bootloader partition. Fixing the kernel wouldn't have changed that. I was under the impression that fastboot itself is a bootloader partition function...

Also, this isn't a blanket fix since to avoid "soft bricking", LTE GNex owners should use CF-Root-GGN_MYSID_ICL53F-v5.1 instead.

For those of you who are interested in learning more about/obtaining these kernels for toro/maguro, go here.
    There should also be an option in the command line version of heimdall to get rid of that screen and get the phone to boot normally. Don't know if it will work on the nexus but I know it worked when I had a Fascinate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App