[Q] anybody have the new netflix app working?

Search This thread

acomiskey

Mar 13, 2008
Tried the build.prop fix from nook color forums....no longer get compatible message but it bombs out when u try to play.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

forepj

Feb 1, 2010
All indications are this won't run on Froyo. Anybody running a GB ROM getting Netflix working yet?

4Incredible

Dec 16, 2010
All indications are this won't run on Froyo. Anybody running a GB ROM getting Netflix working yet?

It runs and streams content just fine on my stock Incredible running 2.2. And I have the app running on my gTab which is on Vegan 5.1.1, I just can't stream anything. I think its just a matter of Netflix only allowing a certain devices to access their servers and our tablet is not on the list (which is only 5 devices long at the moment).

ensign.fodder

Jan 15, 2011
Greensboro

4Incredible

Dec 16, 2010
Did as outlined and it does "think" it is OK until it trys to play the dumps back to queue!

Thanks for the idea.

No problem. I literally just a few minutes ago got the market working properly on my tablet by modifying the build.prop and I really don't want to mess with that file anymore unless I have to. I want to keep my market working.

But thanks for trying that. I figured it was worth a shot. Someone hopefully will eventually find a work around.

Jul 28, 2008
Working great on the Droid x! No luck on the gtab. Running overclocked,on 2.2.

Sent from my UPC300-2.2 using XDA Premium App

h3llphyre

Dec 25, 2010
Fortunately, my Nexus One is supported. Works fantastic on that. A buddy has the newest MyTouch, won't let him even install it to that. However, both of our Vegan 5.1.1 Gtabs let us install, no go on playing, gives the popup.

Of course, it works on my 3.7" display device, but not on my 10" display... BOO!

ardy74

Sep 10, 2010
North Alabama
Netflix running on my G Tablet

My G-Tablet is running CM 7.0.3 with Pershoot's 2.6.32.39 CM7 Kernel
I sideloaded the Netflix App then moved it to the SD card.
I am running the 10.3 update of Adobe Flash Player (not sure if this is relevant)

I modified 2 lines in my /system/build.prop file as follows

ro.product.model=HTC Vision
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
REBOOT

Netflix is running smoothly on my G Tablet now.
This is a combination of fixes found in other device forums here on XDA.

I hope this helps!

link to apk file for netflix
http://www.mediafire.com/?k0iwa8c4tvaxr9s

Last edited:

earthsick22

Aug 3, 2010
I have a g tablet running vegan ginger...and can't see th he app in the market, is something wrong with my marketplace?

dazedyouth

May 11, 2011
so; how can I edit the build.prop with the permissions? I've tried root explorer as well as ifilemanager thing.. stuck

-dy
...1st android product; 2nd day...
...gtablet / tntlite4.4.0

thfoster

I am running the 10.3 update of Adobe Flash Player (not sure if this is relevant)

I hope this helps!

I tried this on mine. Running Vegan-tab GE with standard kernel. Dumps me back to the queue. I wonder if there's something else I need to change in build.prop?

Swould333

Nov 29, 2010
+1 on editing the build.prop... i can confirm it works... From what i'm reading around on other forums this is only working on gingerbread roms, if at all.. so if your still on a froyo base rom you may not wanna chance screwing up the tablet...

As far as editing it i used File Expert.. turned on the root functions in the app settings... then found the system folder checked it's box hit Menu->More->mount... changed the permissions to read and write... u may have to mount the file the same way too... copied it to the SD card for editing.. changed the required fields.. go back to system folder rename the original build.prop to build.prop.bak so u'll have a backup in case something goes hinky... then copied the edited back into the system folder... reboot...enjoy... :)

Haven't noticed any adverse effects yet market is good thus far...tegra dedicated apps show up still so I'll take that as a good sign

Last edited:

pc2828

Apr 26, 2010
Huawei P40 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro

I hope this helps!

Thanks it works great on cm7 nightly! Couldn't find in market, had to sideload from my Nexus One titanium backup.

tcrews

May 4, 2010
android.snkbitten.com
Originally Posted by ardy74 View Post

I hope this helps!

Another confirmation of working on CM7.0x (I'm still on 7.02).
Installed the app last night, it just allowed me to view the queue after logging in, also saying "This device is not compatible"

I edited the build.prop as described and ran the app and it now streams. SWEET

racketier

Mar 25, 2011

I hope this helps!

Hmm not working for me.

Running CM7 nightly from 0508 (64 maybe? Not sure)

I sideloaded Netflix
Changed my build.prop as listed above and rebooted.
Loaded up Netflix and didn't get any 'device not supported errors'
I tried to play a video and the screen turns black but the video never plays. If I try to seek to somewhere else in the video netflix will shoot me back to where I was before I started the video.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Netflix running on my G Tablet

REBOOT

I hope this helps!

I'm running VG and it doesn't work for me either. I think it's something about CM7 that makes it work. Only "success" posts I've seen so far come from users running CM7.
    Needs 7.0.3 as well. Continued to fail for me on 7.0.0
    Works for me. Downloaded no device check from [APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled)

Push to /system/app/Netflix.apk and change permissions to 0644 or rw r r and reboot.

Sent from my Zio using XDA Premium App
    Do you know how to read?

I just responded to your question in the Screen shot thread where your question was answered two posts BEFORE your question.

And now, you ask this question when this WHOLE THREAD is about netflix (and it isn't even the only thread on netflix here).

Really?

How about you read the thread THEN ask if it works?

No need to be rude or insulting. Did you stop to think English might not be his first language? We get a lot of foreign visitors on here. Regardless of the reason for his question, it's really not worth it to cause more issues.
    Im using PLAYON on my home pc and gtab for hulu and netflix. I only can use it on my home network and. Playon cost$ 4.99 a month.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App