M4X - Porting Tool v1.1.0 (06/17/2012)

Search This thread

ZduneX25

Recognized Themer
Nov 4, 2010
miuipolska.pl
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi 5
I see that the mind can work wonders guys, against to what I said before you are keep thinking that you can get MIUI based on .562.. NOT YET :p

Engine takes only necessary files and libs from system.img, so all apps and frameworks (comes from from LT18i, not from system.img) still base on ics beta.

Last edited:

livesourav

Nov 29, 2011
Bangalore
will try this right now .. its gonna be very helpfull thanks :D .. B/w do you knw any threads which explains how to build or port a rom .. i wanna learn how to develop a rom ..:D any help will be appreciated :D thanks

JoHnNy08PL

Oct 11, 2010
Bydgoszcz
I see that the mind can work wonders guys, against to what I said before you are keep thinking that you can get MIUI based on .562.. NOT YET :p

Engine takes only necessary files and libs from system.img, so all apps and frameworks (comes from from LT18i, not from system.img) still base on ics beta.

OK Got it :)
So we need to wait for new MIUI release for Arc S.

This MIUI is now my daily ROM, it's best ICS release so far :D
Deep Sleep state working very good with NightElf kernel(had problem with that on nordic)
Screenshot_2012-04-29-17-03-07.png

One more time - thanks ZduneX25 for awesome tool.

thx84

Aug 7, 2009
When I try your tool, I get broken image file. I used the ROM from the Sony site

thx84

Aug 7, 2009
So? Watch video guide carefully.

Ok so even if it complains about a broken file, it still works.

Thank you for your work.

Edit: it complains about META-INF files missing. I tried adding the folder in /tools/resources but it bootloops when I flash the zip

Last edited:

thx84

Aug 7, 2009
Tried your new version, it still complains about some missing META-INF file and therefore, it's not possible to install (installation aborted).

archijit

Dec 25, 2010
New Delhi
successfully updated to miui 2.5.4 with this M4X porting tool on my neo v. thanks.
in Base folder, i put the sustem folder of .562 & skiped the step 1.

everything gone well in single attempt. thanks Zdune.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home-miuies.png

Hi guys recently I do not have that much time for playing with roms, so I made this tools to let you port latest MIUIv4 for you Xperia phone, engine supports Neo, NeoV and Ray (I didn't test)

I build MIUIv4 from source, but porting is almost the same or maybe even the same effective way to get latest MIUIv4.

M4X is compatible with miuiandroid and miuiscotland roms (didn't test with Chinese's and US's)

Changelog:
    04/28/2012
    -support for 3 devices: neo/neov/ray
    05/02/2012
    -support for kernels
    -support for custom apps
    -support for init.d tweaks
    -annoying notification about enabled/disabled mobile data transfer has been deactivated
    06/17/2012
    -update for full support new base (sony ics 4.0.4)

Tpis:
    In main folder /miui4xperia you can see two shortcuts /apps-custom and /init.d-custom , if you wanna add any custom app or init.d script directly to your rom add your files there before you start porting.
    IMPORTANT! Do not delete or edit any existing file from \miui4xperia\tools\resources\ or two shortcuts

How it works:

Download: M4X by Z25 | md5: 0C3B2B5F8D131B7D73B579F95F7A72D4
    v1.0.8 has been released :) changelog at the 1st post, cheers!
    Thanks. Tested with MIUI Scotland 2.4.27v2 and the official Nordic release and it works fine on the Neo. In addition to the camera fix, I had to make a small tweak to get the flash working.

In case anyone finds it useful, I have attached the camera fix below.
    OP has been updated :) Njoy
    how did you converted system.sin to system.img from nordic release? sin2img only copied source system.sin and didn't converted it to img.

I had taken a backup on a fresh flash, but this should work as well.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598924