[Q] What Firmware do I have to install

Search This thread

visio999

Jan 18, 2014
Hey guys,

I bought a rooted Galaxy S3. On the back of the phone I can read the following: SGH-I747 16GB
Afterwards I checked the information of the current firmware: Model: SGH-T999, Base Band Version: I747UCLH9 (Android Version 4.1.1)

Now I would like to update the firmware to Android 4.3 (ideally a german firmware).
But now I'm not sure, what firmware I have to use. I'm afraid, I'll crack the phone, if I install the wrong firmware.

Thanks a lot for your help :cyclops:

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
If I were you, I would not update to a stock 4.3 ROM because the 4.3 ROM will include Knox. I also recommend backing up your imei and nv folder before flashing ROMs.

Is your phone unlocked? If not, you can try using the free unlock method to permanently unlock it.

Reactions: visio999

visio999

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for your good tip. Unfortunatelly it's the phone of my girlfriend.
That's why I would like not too much changes in design and functionality of the phone.

I'll surely backup the device before changing anything. The phone is already unlocked.

visio999

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks a lot. So I think, I would have to use the I747UCUEMJB for the phone.

If I install the stock rom, can I change the default language (incl. keyboard) to german (I'm afraid that it's not working because of Knox)?
And if it's not possible to change the default language, which firmware would you recommend, which looks exactly or nearly the same as the Original one?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The back of the phone indicates that it is an AT&T s3 (i747) but the firmware says it's a T-Mobile s3 (T-999).

Looks like there is a mismatch on the firmware.

visio999

Jan 18, 2014
That's the problem I have. I'm unsure which firmware I should take.
The guy I bought the phone from told me that he bought it in China. And I think he already bought it as a rooted phone.

We bought the phone and everything works fine 'til today. I know, never change a running system. But an update with all the new functions and bug fixes would be really great. And because it's my girlfriend's phone I don't like to change the firmware to one which looks differently than the actual one...

visio999

Jan 18, 2014
midst trmicri

Ok, so I'll install the firmware I747UCUEMJB
If so, will the phone still be rooted? I have to change the language to german after installation. And like I know it shouldn't be possible, if the phone isn't rooted anymore...

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Ok, so I'll install the firmware I747UCUEMJB
If so, will the phone still be rooted? I have to change the language to german after installation. And like I know it shouldn't be possible, if the phone isn't rooted anymore...

You can't just flash a stock AT&T 4.3 ROM in Odin because there is no such file. You would have to flash a completely stock AT&T ROM and then update to 4.3. I'm not sure that AT&T ROMs have German as one of the languages.

maximo2012

Jan 25, 2014
Well, technically it would still be rooted (at least that happened to me), but also dunno if it has German language

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

visio999

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks a lot. So the easiest possibility would be not to flash the stock at&t rom and update the rom, which is already on the phone.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Your phone is an sgh-i747 which is an AT&T s3 but the operating system is a T-999. If this is right, there is definitely a mismatch between the phone and operating system.

If you want the 4.3 ROM on your phone, install a custom recovery and flash firmware that's made for the d2att.

I googled I747UCLH9 and I found this: http://androidromupdate.com/tag/i747uclh9/

Where do you see T-999 in your phone?

visio999

Jan 18, 2014
On preferences - Information of device (sorry, I don't exactly know how it's in english):

Model number: SGH-T999
Android-Version: 4.1.1
Base band version: I747UCLH9

Built Number: http://bbs.romup.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please edit your post and delete the S/N number. Never disclose this or your IMEI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
    If I were you, I would not update to a stock 4.3 ROM because the 4.3 ROM will include Knox. I also recommend backing up your imei and nv folder before flashing ROMs.

Is your phone unlocked? If not, you can try using the free unlock method to permanently unlock it.
    No any I9300 roms could hard brick.