[Q] which one should i buy? Nexus 5 or Galaxy s5 ?

Search This thread

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Hello Brothers,
i am just confused right Mobile for me, is Nexus is slow than s5? if we dont look at Snap 801. i am not camera user,
but yea i like Music, one more Advantage of Nexus 5 is, its cheaper than s5, i can buy s5 but if nexus 5 is better to go for this year so what u say,
i dont like other models, i am just confused in btween Nexus 5 or S5 .
Thanks in Advance.

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
The Nexus 5 will feel more responsive than the S5, but the S5 is still VERY fast and snappy. When you use those two devices one after the other, you will feel a difference.
since you don't really mind that much about camera, i won't mention that the Galaxy S5 has a far superior camera (woops :p )

but the Galaxy S5 has a wayyyyyy better battery life.

Really depends how deep your pockets are and if you are willing to spend the extra money for IP67, removable battery, longer battery life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mandeep148

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
The Nexus 5 will feel more responsive than the S5, but the S5 is still VERY fast and snappy. When you use those two devices one after the other, you will feel a difference.
since you don't really mind that much about camera, i won't mention that the Galaxy S5 has a far superior camera (woops :p )

Really depends how deep your pockets are and if you are willing to spend the extra money for IP67, removable battery, longer battery life.

I can buy s5 too that is not problem, but problem is sometime cheap phone like nexus 5 way better. Like fast update pure android.
I am really confused between these choices.
How's music quality of n5?

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
I can buy s5 too that is not problem, but problem is sometime cheap phone like nexus 5 way better. Like fast update pure android.

Music quality through headphone jack should not be a noticeable difference.
And yes Nexus 5 will get quicker updates, so that might also be a reason to get a Nexus 5 if you care about fast updates.

Also if you need expandable storage, that is something the S5 provides that the Nexus 5 does not.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Can I ask something htc m8 or s5? Really need answer and help?

M8 if you like the slippery metal body. Sense 6 is more responsive too. better dark light photos

S5 has a higher megapixel camera so it captures more detail when there is sufficient light. Water and dust resistant, removable battery. Hardware keys. Non of that locked bootloader S-On crap, but there is Knox instead...

Also comes down to preference if you want AMOLED or LCD. LCD provides accurate colours, while AMOLED produces more vibrant and saturated colours with true black

Last edited:

Ogy77

Oct 2, 2011
Serbia
And yes Nexus 5 will get quicker updates, so that might also be a reason to get a Nexus 5 if you care about fast updates.

Also if you need expandable storage, that is something the S5 provides that the Nexus 5 does not.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

M8 if you like the slippery metal body. Sense 6 is more responsive too. better dark light photos

S5 has a higher megapixel camera so it captures more detail when there is sufficient light. Water and dust resistant, removable battery. Hardware keys. Non of that locked bootloader S-On crap, but there is Knox instead...
I dont know totally confused m8 have something stuff s5 dont have,another s5 have some specs m8 dont have,no idea what buy?

gareth261987

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
I dont know totally confused m8 have something stuff s5 dont have,another s5 have some specs m8 dont have,no idea what buy?

I was in the same position as you but there was some reasons I went with the galaxy S5 like the fingerprint scanner. I find it works brilliantly for my thumb print, I registered my thumb at 3 different angels and it works perfectly. The S5 is water and dust resistant which means you won't be worried about the rain damaging your phone. Swappable battery also means when the battery breaks its not an expensive job sending it to the manufacturer, you can just bye a new one. The camera also captures a lot of detail and I find the photos to be really good quality (when the light is right anyway), also the user interface is a lot nicer on the S5 and with a custom rom it is very fast.

I find that the S5 personally is better because you can have the higher security, better camera and it is still a very good phone. If you can wait then maybe wait for the updated Galaxy S5 (prime or F series) as it will have a metal case, bigger resolution screen and more ram too.

Reactions: Ogy77

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Hello Brothers,
i am just confused right Mobile for me, is Nexus is slow than s5? if we dont look at Snap 801. i am not camera user,
but yea i like Music, one more Advantage of Nexus 5 is, its cheaper than s5, i can buy s5 but if nexus 5 is better to go for this year so what u say,
Thanks in Advance.

S5 battery is way superior. Camera too.

Nexus 5 is faster in some cases thanks to being pure Android. Touchwiz is considerably heavier. Multitasking is better in the N5.

G900H has a Wolfson chip for audio which are better in specs compared to the Snapdragon's DAC, the difference could be minimal. Even the 801 has a great DAC.

S5 also has USB Audio capability out of the box.

You gonna post every day the same question with a different device? :victory: seriously... Choose something and be happy with it. Although right now would be a terrible time to get a new phone. :eek:
By the time you finally decide onto something there will be an S5 Prime, M8 plus, LG G3 and Nexus 6... :laugh:

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mandeep148
D

Deleted member 3870479

I've moved from the Nexus 5 to the Galaxy S5 and do not regret the update at all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can I ask something htc m8 or s5? Really need answer and help?

Also comes down to preference if you want AMOLED or LCD. LCD provides accurate colours, while AMOLED produces more vibrant and saturated colours with true black

I was in the same position as you but there was some reasons I went with the galaxy S5 like the fingerprint scanner. I find it works brilliantly for my thumb print, I registered my thumb at 3 different angels and it works perfectly. The S5 is water and dust resistant which means you won't be worried about the rain damaging your phone. Swappable battery also means when the battery breaks its not an expensive job sending it to the manufacturer, you can just bye a new one. The camera also captures a lot of detail and I find the photos to be really good quality (when the light is right anyway), also the user interface is a lot nicer on the S5 and with a custom rom it is very fast.

I find that the S5 personally is better because you can have the higher security, better camera and it is still a very good phone. If you can wait then maybe wait for the updated Galaxy S5 (prime or F series) as it will have a metal case, bigger resolution screen and more ram too.
    Hello Brothers,
    Thanks in Advance.

S5 battery is way superior. Camera too.

Nexus 5 is faster in some cases thanks to being pure Android. Touchwiz is considerably heavier. Multitasking is better in the N5.

G900H has a Wolfson chip for audio which are better in specs compared to the Snapdragon's DAC, the difference could be minimal. Even the 801 has a great DAC.

S5 also has USB Audio capability out of the box.

You gonna post every day the same question with a different device? :victory: seriously... Choose something and be happy with it. Although right now would be a terrible time to get a new phone. :eek:
    By the time you finally decide onto something there will be an S5 Prime, M8 plus, LG G3 and Nexus 6... :laugh:

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk