[ROM][CWM][FC09] SleeperROM - Sport tuned Stock - No-Wipe - MTD/BML(RFS/EXT4) 10/15

Search This thread

TexasAggie97

Mar 31, 2011
Have done it the freeze way (currently that way) and have also done it Kenny's way (actually...did that for TPR 2.0) but I would defer to Kenny's way as probably the most effective, but if you do have problems, freezing it works.

I think that is what I am going to do and what I did last time. I believe I also need to go to the market on my browser and fix my phone info like last time. Full wipe sucks! Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

vwags

Feb 13, 2011
Los Angeles
Tried Sleeper and my phone froze, had a couple random reboots, didn't like to switch between apps. I did a full wipe install and even reflashed the rom. I had these type of problems with the last Sleeper but I don't think it is a rom problem as much as my phone doesn't like tweaks. I was running TPR just fine but with any tweaks I had issues. I would really like to take this out for a run. Any thoughts?

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Tried Sleeper and my phone froze, had a couple random reboots, didn't like to switch between apps. I did a full wipe install and even reflashed the rom. I had these type of problems with the last Sleeper but I don't think it is a rom problem as much as my phone doesn't like tweaks. I was running TPR just fine but with any tweaks I had issues. I would really like to take this out for a run. Any thoughts?

patience, wait to see if these gremlins get fixed...then give it a rip. Just my 2 cents.

tygern8r

Jun 2, 2009
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 2 XL
AOSP Lockscreen

Can I just uninstall it or will it cause the ROM to crash and force close programs?

Also, anyone having problems updating their Ad Removal app included with this ROM?

Ad Free seems to be working just fine, had to go to Play and manually update it though.

I added Zeam launcher ('cause it's awesome) but the only thing I'm missing is the AOSP Lockscreen. After some cursory searching through the forum, it appears to be ROM dependent - is this correct?

I found this HowTo, but it's over a year old and for EB13. I'm going to keep searching, but would appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
That was my plan. I only posted to let those looking into it know that there may be gremlins... but again it may be my phone not playing nice with tweaks.

Try what The People did on 2.0, go into your init.d folder, delete all the scripts and reboot. This way you will know whether it is the scripts or the ROM.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

tygern8r

Jun 2, 2009
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 2 XL
I think maybe I got a bad flash or something, but for some reason everytime I tried to set a ringtone and/or raise the volumes levels within the Settings menu, it would always lock up and get extremely sluggish. I'll try a another flash first to see if this fixes the problem.

Mine seems to be doing the same thing. Doesn't seem to have a pattern either. Whether it's the sounds that came with the ROM or my own, sometimes I can listen to 3 or 4 before it freezes, sometimes 20. I did a clean flash, so let me know if re-flashing this fixed it for you.

TexasAggie97

Mar 31, 2011
Mine seems to be doing the same thing. Doesn't seem to have a pattern either. Whether it's the sounds that came with the ROM or my own, sometimes I can listen to 3 or 4 before it freezes, sometimes 20. I did a clean flash, so let me know if re-flashing this fixed it for you.

I noticed this too when selecting specific sounds for my incoming text messages or email notification.

I love the SleeperROM in general, but flashing this version has been terrible for me! I tried flashing it without wipe, then with full wipe and still have major force close or freeze issues. I'm had to remove the battery more times today than I have in the past 6 months!

Can I flash the old EL30 SleeperROM over this one and go backwards one version??? My nandroid backup did not work.

Please advise!

DuzIt4You

May 12, 2011
Winter Haven, FL
Can I just uninstall it or will it cause the ROM to crash and force close programs?

Also, anyone having problems updating their Ad Removal app included with this ROM?

I'm not a huge fan of the AdFree app... kind of clunky UI, and I didn't see an easy way to black/white list. I've been running Ad Away (Link) which has a pretty easy UI, and will automatically update based on 3 or 4 different hosts file sources. HTH

And if you're doing the 3 finger salute & it doesn't appear to be loading into recovery (e.g. it loads the Kernel splash screen), don't give up. I noticed that if I let the screen run for a few moments, that it eventually boots into recovery. It did take me a couple tries, so if it gets to the animated Samsung image, it missed booting into recovery, but the initial splash still loaded before it went into recovery for me. YRMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: tygern8r

TexasAggie97

Mar 31, 2011
Where is the link for 3.01?

Where is the link for the gps fix?

Just wondering.

Thanks

3.0.1 is not out yet. I hope Sensei is cleaning out the bugs!

Other force close issues on following:

Music Player freezes while switching from one song to the next, either if done manually by me, or after one song has finished.

Movie Player freezes while starting large movie files (600mb).

Clock/Alarm freezes and force closes after sliding "off" or "snooze."

Does anyone know if I can flash 2.0.4 onto my phone, in essence go back to my previous version of this ROM?

Last edited:

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
3.0.1 is not out yet. I hope Sensei is cleaning out the bugs!

Other force close issues on following:

Music Player freezes while switching from one song to the next, either if done manually by me, or after one song has finished.

Movie Player freezes while starting large movie files (600mb).

Clock/Alarm freezes and force closes after sliding "off" or "snooze."

Does anyone know if I can flash 2.0.4 onto my phone, in essence go back to my previous version of this ROM?

Yes, you can flash an "older" version.

TexasAggie97

Mar 31, 2011
Take the build.prop from this ROM so you don't get the update notification.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Forgive my ignorance, but how does one extract the build.prop from SleeperROM 3.0.0 and replace the one in SleeperROM 2.0.4?

I have no idea where the build.prop is located or how to fix the FC09 update notification.

Edit: nevermind, I found this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26067695 and downloaded a flashable zip file. Just to clarify, I can simply flash this build.zip file using Clockwork Mod like I did the GPS fix and other zip files, correct?

Last edited:

tygern8r

Jun 2, 2009
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 2 XL
It doesn't seem to matter which ROM I'm on, my phone tears through the battery overnight if I leave Connection Manager on. Even though the phone is in the same room as the wireless router, I went from 89% to 28% overnight. I even turned on voltage control with 100 MHz and SIO. Guess I'll just leave Connection Manager off.

My issues are:
1. FC from any menu or Clock when listening to ringtones/notifications to pick one
2. Music Player freeze when changing songs, same as TexasAggie97

I've used the Alarm twice and have had no issues with it either time.

If I can help with more info or logs, just let me know.

shot_000005.png

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I've tried three non-wipe flashes after wiping cache and dalvik along with a clean install last night. Had the same lags and freezes in both cases. They seem to be transitional type as in when switching apps, viewing orientation, sliding out the keyboard. Had to restore back to TPR, but will take another look in the next revision.

All in all it's tough not to just appreciate the work all the devs are doing to keep this two generation old black sheep running strong. I'll be sticking with my Epic until I can't get one from ebay/CL/Asurion. It may not be LTE down the road, but at least it should get a boost from the upgraded 3g when their Vision upgrade is done.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Forgive my ignorance, but how does one extract the build.prop from SleeperROM 3.0.0 and replace the one in SleeperROM 2.0.4?

I have no idea where the build.prop is located or how to fix the FC09 update notification.

Edit: nevermind, I found this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26067695 and downloaded a flashable zip file. Just to clarify, I can simply flash this build.zip file using Clockwork Mod like I did the GPS fix and other zip files, correct?

Yes. To answer the earlier question it is a file on your phone in the system directory. But just flash the zip.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: TexasAggie97

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SleeperHeader-fc09.png

v3.1.1 FC09/EL30 Hybrid - 2012/10/06
    BML(EXT4/RFS), MTD(YAFFS2) Compatible - NON-WIPING
    Featuring ShadowKernel FC09 1.0.1(BML/MTD)

Stable, fast, sport tuned stock - See what's included below!

If you love it, Hit the thanks button! Maybe even throw me some spare change at paypal to help me out with hosting costs! Thanks to everyone who has donated previously especially those I was unable to respond to! :D

DOWNLOADS

Full Deodexed 3.1.1 FC09-EL30 Hybrid » SleeperROMv3.1.1-FC09-EL30-Full.zip
    File size: 206.83 MB / MD5 e5bc2fc1845da0d3648a2ef5f3a4c45b

Full Deodexed 3.0.0 FC09 (issues) » SleeperROMv3.0.0-FC09-Full.zip
    File size: 230.56 MB / MD5 4baa53fa51ed930653495d66ef3a5ee7

Slim Deodexed 3.0.0 (issues) » SleeperROMv3.0.0-FC09-Slim.zip
    File size: 173.43 MB / MD5 87fb0df958029e40c0c64493660659ed

KNOWN ISSUES / NOTES

- First Boot Installer sometimes fails to complete (usually completes on reboot)
    On first boot, unlock the screen and let it sit until
    you see all the media scanning notifications stop -

this is because on first boot, there will be some
    app installing going on for the apps included, will take about a minute.
    If you're coming from a clean install, you will have to set
    Swype as your text input in Settings > Locale and Text Settings to start using it.

File system (BML/MTD) SleeperROM will retain your existing EXT4 or YAFFS2(MTD) partition configuration,
    but will convert RFS to EXT4 (journaled).
    It will otherwise not do any conversion.

MODS / PATCHES / FIXES / TOOLS

ROM CHARACTERISTICS

Samsung Touchwiz FC09 Official / Android 2.3.6
    Deodexed | Non-Wiping | Superuser | Busybox 1.19 Complete | Bash 4.1 Kit

ShadowKernel EL30 2.0+[BML]/4.0+[TW MTD]
    Supports: bootanimation.zip, init.d scripts, RFS/EXT4, CIFS, TUN, Netfilter TCPMSS, Overclocking 100Mhz-1.4Ghz, Undervolting

CWM3 / CWM5 Ready
    - Preset IO Scheduler/CPU Governor/Clock Speeds to SIO/ondemand/100mhz-1000mhz
    - EXT4, RFS, Yaffs2 Compatible
    - SDCard speedup
    - v6 Supercharged - Update 9 RC 3.2 (Preset to "512HP balanced + HTK", Script included at /system/xbin/v6_supercharger.sh for your convenience - use with script manager or Android Terminal Emulator (first enter su to elevate privilege to root)
    - Tweaks similar to Adrenaline
    - Battery Saving Mods
    - Zipaligned/Zipalign on boot
    - build.prop tweaks
    - Bash 4.1 Shell Environment for Advanced users More Info

APPEARANCE
    - Gray Touchwiz Gingerbread theme
    - Stock Galaxy S Bootanimation (no kernel boot ani, no sprint ani, no startup/shutdown sound, no shutdown ani)
    - CRT OFF Animation
    - ICS Transition Animations
    - Green Overscroll (GB Status Green color)
    - Battery 1% Mod (GB Stock Battery with 1% increment numbers)
    - Stock Sprint service status icons (1x, 3g, wifi corrected)

AppWidgetPicker (groups widgets)
    LiveWallpaper Picker
    AOSP, Samsung, HTC Stock Sounds for your pleasure (minimal in "Slim")

FIXES / MODS
    - Auto-brightness Levels Adjusted to save battery
    - turbo auto-rotate lag fix
    - 1x/3g fix
    - LogsProvider SMS removed
    - Extended Power Menu (Shutdown, Reboot, Recovery)
    - Voodoo Sound & Color [Voodoo Control included]
    - Volume Rocker Mod (Sound > Vibrate > Sound Off)
    - Keyboard Skips Fixed
    - GPS Fix
    - Hotspot Hack (EL30 port - Toadlife, EI22 port - Tortel, Mod - Necrosan)
    - Camera Low Battery fix, Silent mod
    - Scrolling Status Toggles - To modify settings, use the included QuickPanel Settings app

- Sprint Proxies Removed
    - Automatic Battery Calibration

INCLUDED APPS
    * = retained in the slim version

Stock/System Apps
    *ADW Launcher , *Talk , *Market (Google Play) ,
    Allshare , Memo , MiniDiary , Tasks , *Samsung Keyboard
    *Custom Android Terminal Emulator

Removable Goodies:
    *Swype beta , *QuickPic
    *AnTek Explorer , *XDA App , *SMSPopup , TinyFlashlight
    Dolphin HD Browser (stock browser included)

Facebook, Instagram, Adobe Flash

KiesAir
    ThinkFree Office
    Unit Converter

*GMail , *Google Maps , Google Translate , Google Drive
    Google Voice , Youtube , Google Gesture Search

*Voltage Control , *Voodoo Sound (latest version)
    *AdFree (included so you have the option to kill ads or not - host file is not modified by default)
    Elixir2 , GPSTest

This ROM works with EL30 modem, but runs MUCH better with the FC09 modem

See this post if you are having trouble with freezes or poor performance.
    NEWS, EVERYONE

To anyone who is still following this, i didn't get a new phone, life has just gotten in the way this year... i've been suffering the crappy FC09 release i put out for a while now and decided to go ahead and put out an update. This should update smoothly over the FC09 into a hybrid of FC09 and EL30. One thing that was dropped is the Wimax/Wifi autoselect, because it caused me more grief than did good. Another thing that should be fixed if anyone encountered the issue is inability to play videos

Hope this proves useful to many of you still on the TW roms.

SleeperROMv3.1-FC09-EL30-Full.zip
    File size: 213.16 MB / MD5 6acc1d797519dec8a2bd565189b1c38a
    UPDATE

Hey everyone

Life's been in the way a lot this year... i've been running this version of SleeperROM out of necessity since release, and i must say, whether bugs or not, it has let me down at every opportunity with constant freezes, unable to play videos, crashing during phone call, freezing during mapping (at critical points)... just terrible!

Now, the only thing that really made a difference to from this version and EL30 was the 4G/WiFi connection manager - and that SUCKS. it doesn't ever do anything right and when disabled it seems to still be on and it turns on 4G at random, doesn't allow proper switching between wifi/3g - worse yet, I never use the 4G because even walking around my house it's spotty let alone when i'm driving or somewhere on the edge of town so it's pointless.

So as a concession because i haven't had time to debug, and because it was pretty much rock solid, i'm going to release an updated version of the EL30 rom with an FC09 versioning and some cleanups and updates because i just need my phone to work right now and as far as i've been able to tell, there have been no real improvements to FC09 over EL30.

FYI, My phone contract is up in Jan 2013 and so far, i haven't seen anything that i really would switch to because i NEED a fast phone with a good keyboard and so far this has been it. With that said, I'll be around when i can, but this has been an unusually busy year so no promises (hence dusting off an old chestnut and re-releasing EL30) It's a cheap move but better than an unreliable rom.

One thing to note is that i have never managed to get apps which have been moved to SD to survive after a no-wipe flash, so that is the only think you'll have to watch out for.

Look for the EL30/FC09 versioned ROM tomorrow morning.

Let me know how 'OK' this is for you guys? In the current atmosphere of MIUI and CM roms, which i think are great, there is always a need for a stable Touchwiz rom.

Update

Nothing major, re-fixed gps, updated apps again, updated bash environment, hopefully fixed the sound issue.
    Changelog & TODO

TODO:
    - Surprises!

CHANGELOG

3.1.1 10/06/2012
    • hopefully fixed the sound issue. let me know
    • Shadow Kernel 1.0.1 FC09
    • Bash Environment/ App updates
    3.1 10/06/2012
    • Hybrid of FC09 and EL30, to fix many outstanding issues - only available in Full version
    • Updated all relevant apps
    3.0.01 05/21/2012
    • Re-added GPS Fix
    • Added/Updated Talk2, Google Drive app, AdFree, Anttek File Explorer, Dolphin Browser, Google Goggles
    3.0.0 05/20/2012
    - Initial Upload -
    • ShadowKernel FC09 - SleeperROM Custom
    • Hotspot hack
    • Bash 4.1 Shell Environment
    • Debloated
    • Galaxy S Stock Boot Animation
    • 1x/3g Mod
    • Volume Rocker Mod (Sound on/Vibrate/Sound off)
    • Rotation Lag turbo fix (1 sec)
    • Battery 1% Mod
    • Logsprovider Mod (remove SMS from phone logs)
    • Auto-Brightness Level Mod
    • GB Green Overscroll
    • CRT Off animation
    • ICS Transition Animations
    • Extended Power Menu
    • Camera Low Batt/Silent Mod
    • Swype Beta w/ Dragon Dictation, Google Drive, Google Play, AntTek File Explorer, Sprint Easy Connection Mgr
    • Supercharger V6, Zipalign on boot, other init scripts
    • build.prop Tweaks

2.x.xx EL30 (no longer maintained) » http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1465628

1.x.xx EI22 (no longer maintained) » http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1345896