[Q] stuck on factoryfs

Search This thread

Young_Khalifa

Jul 29, 2011
My infuse was running aokpcb rom. i made a backup of my previous rom, AEON v1.3.1. i restored using nandroid back to AEON but when i reboot its stuck at the samsung screen. I tried GTGs Odin back to stock multiple times using different ports but it always gets stuck at factoryfs. i even rebooted the computer and tried it again but still no good. I've used Odin back to stock a couple times before so im used to the program. now ive ran out of ideas and i would greatly appreciate the help. THANKS

redgrass83

May 17, 2012
Timmins,Ontario
Im not 100% but i think with aeon the first boot will freeze up at the factory screen. Try pulling battery then reboot..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Radiotsar

Jan 7, 2012
Elgin, IL
Happens to my Infuse all the time now, even using Heimdall. I just pull the battery, get back into the alternate download screen, reload the drivers (if necessary) on the pc and re-run Heimdall. It always seems to get stuck twice, but works the third time. The last time I took it to stock & did a "factory data reset", just to see if that would clear up whatever the issue was. Unfortunately (?), I haven't tried going back to stock since.

Young_Khalifa

Jul 29, 2011
Sorry for not responding. I've been at a summer camp for the past week. Anyways, when i try to install drivers with heimdall it aborts the procedure and then freezes the program... and when i plug in my phone into the wall charger, the screen stays off..

redgrass83

May 17, 2012
Timmins,Ontario
Sorry for not responding. I've been at a summer camp for the past week. Anyways, when i try to install drivers with heimdall it aborts the procedure and then freezes the program... and when i plug in my phone into the wall charger, the screen stays off..

Heimdall is great when properly set up and WHEN IT WORKS. What I do, and this'll bring it back from pretty much anything, is use gtg unbrick, and if it doesn't boot from that flash, (and mine doesn't because its a rogers ) , i then flash the Odin stock lb3 pack, and boom back to normal no matter what I flashed. I imagine if you're running an at&t model , you shouldn't have to do the second step. Be sure to remove the battery and reinsert at least once on any from flash to be sure its not booting correctly before going to another step. Also be sure drivers are correctly installed through kies or kies mini. I find this is easiest with Odin because it clearly shows you in bright yellow that the download connection has been established.. many times i' very had to reinstall the kies drivers, I don't know why.. but try this , and like I say once you see yellow in Odin in phone download mode, you know you're set. Once again, like this kies/gtg/try booting/if no boot/pull battery try boot again/ if still no boot Odin lb3 stock and then flash a recovery kernel to regain cwm..

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And don't restore with nandroid, just to a full restore back to stock with odin or hemdall and reflash the rom.