[KERNEL] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel \\ 3.0.93+ \\ 8.1exp2 - 4.3 PGM\\6.9.2013

Search This thread

jackpham

Jul 9, 2009
Ho Chi Minh
This is a minimalistic Galaxy Nexus kernel. Imoseyon philosophy is to keep the kernel as lean and stable as possible, at the same time to keep the kernel as modern and close to latest mainstream linux as possible. You will see that my kernels will lack some of the bells and whistles from other kernels.

DOWNLOAD
  • Terminal Emulator not finding my scripts? Read this post.
FEATURES
  • Patched to latest in Linux 3.0.x branch.
  • All unnecessary kernel components removed to make kernel lean and fast!
  • OC to 1.65ghz. Boot speed is maxed at 1.2ghz within kernel (in addition to ramdisk) for stability.
  • User voltage control
  • InteractiveX V2 (screen-off hotplug of cpu1) added. Select it using setcpu if you want to use it.
  • Ramdisk tweaks (sysctl, vm, filesystem speed, etc.)
  • SWAP & zram (next generation compcache) support. Run "zram enable" in terminal.
  • init.d support in ramdisk.
  • lk.conf for basic kernel configuration.
  • HotplugX governor (Hotplug optimized and modified for screen-off suspend).
  • wakelock tweaks for wlan and lte modem
  • lkflash - script to flash latest versions of leanKernel from Terminal (type "su" without quotes, hit enter, then type "lkflash" without quotes and then hit enter)
  • checkv - voltage checking script (for custom undervolting) - detailed at bottom of this post.
  • checkt - script that displays 1) your current temp, 2) # of times you were throttled due to temp "recently", 3) CPU trim type, and 4) CPU silicon type, etc. (sample output)
  • Fast USB charge (by chad0982) and "ffc" toggle script by me. (Open terminal, and type "ffc" without quotes then enter)
  • ColorControl from both CM9 and Ezekeel (compatible with all ROMs). Helpful posts: 1and 2.
  • TempControl - sysfs interface to control the CPU temp threshold. Read these two posts: 1 and 2.
  • Variable GPU OC - sysfs interface to select GPU max speed between 307MHz (stock), 384MHz and 512Mhz. The changes take effect immediately. Check FAQ for more info and how to use it.
  • Custom SR Tuning - override kernel default minimum voltage for SR calibration. More info here and here. V2
  • SoundControl
  • Gamma Control
  • ROW scheduler v4

CHANGE LOG JB 4.3
CHANGE LOG JB 4.2

DIRECTIONS
Uh.... flash the zip in clockworkmod.

FAQ

SOURCE
github

Thanks to forum member maddler for providing file hosting: http://www.host4droid.com/

Donate to Imoseyon favorite charity, or donate to Imoseyon.

Last edited:

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
Nice bro. I like lean and just working kernels. Will try and report when i'll have time. Thanx

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

dirtygoldfish

Jul 9, 2012
Vancouver
I've been sticking with LeanKernel ever since I tried it out on ICS. Good to see Imo's work being brought to the attention of users outside of Rootz.

Reactions: jackpham

dancingtortoise

Oct 16, 2009
Working well for for me on 4.2. No issues/complaints so far.

2 hrs 10 min of screen on time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-04-19-02-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-04-19-02-58.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 16,818

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
I am surprised that this thread is unpopular. Great kernel. Smooth and battery friendly.

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Yeah. The main thread is on RootzWiki. It is a very popular kernel there. I have had people tell me to try all the other kernels because they're better. I've tried them all and I keep using this one. Its light,runs smooth,and helps battery life. What more could you want .

Reactions: RoxRedEye

Ashtrix

Dec 21, 2010
Yeah. The main thread is on RootzWiki. It is a very popular kernel there. I have had people tell me to try all the other kernels because they're better. I've tried them all and I keep using this one. Its light,runs smooth,and helps battery life. What more could you want .

The most stable kernel :good: !!

Reactions: jackpham

Controvrsy046

Jun 17, 2012
Where is the sysfs interface?

Edit: Found it, but does anyone have a link for the newest lean kernel tweaks script by Jake? His download link is down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

ibraheeemz

Sep 24, 2010
Riyadh
My last two days of using the kernel and its great... I never gave any comments for any thread in favor of it but this is first one :)) even franco or other kernels.. They have some hot stuff to offer but at the cost many things, specially battery..this one is optimized for battery specifically...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

freezer2000

Dec 8, 2010
My last two days of using the kernel and its great... I never gave any comments for any thread in favor of it but this is first one :)) even franco or other kernels.. They have some hot stuff to offer but at the cost many things, specially battery..this one is optimized for battery specifically...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

+1

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
5.2 seems even more battery friendly than 5.1.1.
I will report after full depletion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a minimalistic Galaxy Nexus kernel. Imoseyon philosophy is to keep the kernel as lean and stable as possible, at the same time to keep the kernel as modern and close to latest mainstream linux as possible. You will see that my kernels will lack some of the bells and whistles from other kernels.

DOWNLOAD
    • Terminal Emulator not finding my scripts? Read this post.
    FEATURES
    • Patched to latest in Linux 3.0.x branch.
    • All unnecessary kernel components removed to make kernel lean and fast!
    • OC to 1.65ghz. Boot speed is maxed at 1.2ghz within kernel (in addition to ramdisk) for stability.
    • User voltage control
    • InteractiveX V2 (screen-off hotplug of cpu1) added. Select it using setcpu if you want to use it.
    • Ramdisk tweaks (sysctl, vm, filesystem speed, etc.)
    • SWAP & zram (next generation compcache) support. Run "zram enable" in terminal.
    • init.d support in ramdisk.
    • lk.conf for basic kernel configuration.
    • HotplugX governor (Hotplug optimized and modified for screen-off suspend).
    • wakelock tweaks for wlan and lte modem
    • lkflash - script to flash latest versions of leanKernel from Terminal (type "su" without quotes, hit enter, then type "lkflash" without quotes and then hit enter)
    • checkv - voltage checking script (for custom undervolting) - detailed at bottom of this post.
    • checkt - script that displays 1) your current temp, 2) # of times you were throttled due to temp "recently", 3) CPU trim type, and 4) CPU silicon type, etc. (sample output)
    • Fast USB charge (by chad0982) and "ffc" toggle script by me. (Open terminal, and type "ffc" without quotes then enter)
    • ColorControl from both CM9 and Ezekeel (compatible with all ROMs). Helpful posts: 1and 2.
    • TempControl - sysfs interface to control the CPU temp threshold. Read these two posts: 1 and 2.
    • Variable GPU OC - sysfs interface to select GPU max speed between 307MHz (stock), 384MHz and 512Mhz. The changes take effect immediately. Check FAQ for more info and how to use it.
    • Custom SR Tuning - override kernel default minimum voltage for SR calibration. More info here and here. V2
    • SoundControl
    • Gamma Control
    • ROW scheduler v4

CHANGE LOG JB 4.3
    CHANGE LOG JB 4.2

DIRECTIONS
    Uh.... flash the zip in clockworkmod.

FAQ

SOURCE
    github

Thanks to forum member maddler for providing file hosting: http://www.host4droid.com/

Donate to Imoseyon favorite charity, or donate to Imoseyon.
    yup sorry for not posting here sooner. I will fix the filename with the release but yes 8.0 is for 4.3 only.
    Updated official v6.1 is up now.