3Minit quicklaunch panel

Search This thread

gharrington

Apr 30, 2012
Brisbane
picture.php
picture.php

The quicklauncher panel:
It is simply a scrollable panel of app shortcuts that you instantly launch from your drop down panel. You can launch apps from inside other app without the need to exit to home screen first. You can also edit and order the shortcuts to suit your needs.

The idea:
When I started writing this mod I wanted to make it as easy to implement as possible which means no smali changes. I also wanted to make it universal for most android devices so thats what you get.

Implementation Guide:
This guide assumes you can already decompile and recompile an .apk correctly. If you cannot do this please don`t ask me how there are already lots of guides on how to do this here at XDA.

prerequisites:
  • A deodexed SystemUI.apk with a api level of 16 or higher
  • Knowledge of decompiling and recompiling the .apk.
  • These files: Download. MD5:fc5e7cd2c6192461e9ebca6661c70a49

1. Decompile the SystemUI.apk and navigate to smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy
  2. Copy the quicklaunch folder from the downloaded files and paste it into the above location
  3. Navigate to res/layout and open status_bar_expanded.xml look for this line:
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/scrollCart" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
    (Note this is based on TW stock files you may have to mess with the location in your file to find correct placemant)
  4. Directly below that line add:
    Code:
    <HorizontalScrollView android:scrollbars="none" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchContainer android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
    </HorizontalScrollView>
  5. Recompile and push to your device its done:)

Sharing policy:
You are free to bake this into your roms provided:
  • Proper credit and a link is given not just a mention in a random thread that will be lost in hours.
  • You use the mod as a whole and not take peices of my code and use elsewhere.
  • You leave the copyright information as it is.
  • You dont add you own settings to control the panel eliminating the need for donate app.

How to use:
To add a shortcut simply scroll all the way to the right and press the + symbol this will bring up a list of currently installed app to choose from click one to apply.

To change or remove a shortcut long press the icon and a menu will appear select the desired option by clicking it.

You can also get further functionality by getting the quicklauncher app from the Playstore for just $1. In this you can set colors, visibility of the panel and text etc and more.(Note I have just uploaded it so it may take a few hours to show.) This will support me and the development thanks.

Current 3Minit users will of course get this include in the current app for no charge.

XDA:DevDB Information
3Minit quicklaunch panel, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
gharrington, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4619873

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-16

Created 2014-02-16
Last Updated 2014-02-16

hazri1974

Jun 13, 2012
Waiting for 3minit user get this wonderful mods......hope Gary release the updated app soonest......cant wait ....yeahh...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zioriky

Jul 18, 2012
Brindisi
picture.php
picture.php

The quicklauncher panel:
It is simply a scrollable panel of app shortcuts that you instantly launch from your drop down panel. You can launch apps from inside other app without the need to exit to home screen first. You can also edit and order the shortcuts to suit your needs.

The idea:
When I started writing this mod I wanted to make it as easy to implement as possible which means no smali changes. I also wanted to make it universal for most android devices so thats what you get.

Implementation Guide:
This guide assumes you can already decompile and recompile an .apk correctly. If you cannot do this please don`t ask me how there are already lots of guides on how to do this here at XDA.

prerequisites:

1. Decompile the SystemUI.apk and navigate to smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy
  2. Copy the quicklaunch folder from the downloaded files and paste it into the above location
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/scrollCart" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
    (Note this is based on TW stock files you may have to mess with the location in your file to find correct placemant)
    Code:
    <HorizontalScrollView android:scrollbars="none" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchContainer android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
    </HorizontalScrollView>

Sharing policy:
  • Proper credit and a link is given not just a mention in a random thread that will be lost in hours.
  • You dont add you own settings to control the panel eliminating the need for donate app.

How to use:
To add a shortcut simply scroll all the way to the right and press the + symbol this will bring up a list of currently installed app to choose from click one to apply.

To change or remove a shortcut long press the icon and a menu will appear select the desired option by clicking it.

You can also get further functionality by getting the quicklauncher app from the Playstore for just $1. In this you can set colors, visibility of the panel and text etc and more.(Note I have just uploaded it so it may take a few hours to show.) This will support me and the development thanks.

Current 3Minit users will of course get this include in the current app for no charge.

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2014-02-16
Last Updated 2014-02-16

Hi @gharrington
great job, I have a little problem, when I restart all links go away
How can I fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php
    picture.php

The quicklauncher panel:

The idea:

Implementation Guide:

prerequisites:

Code:
      Code:
      </HorizontalScrollView>

Sharing policy:

How to use:

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2014-02-16
    Last Updated 2014-02-16