[Q] LG G2 booting loop (soft brick?)

Search This thread

Ari3sas

Apr 3, 2014
Hello,

I have LG G2 (d802 polish version) with 4.2 rooted stock rom, Installed pac rom two days ago and then (stupidly) changed build.prop ro.sf.lcd_density value from 480 to 240 and since then phone is bricked:( It's either booting forever (LG logo) or booting all the time to recovery mode( I have installed CWM recovery, and later Philz CWM). Now the good side is:

- I can get to download mode and connect to LG Flashtool. .When flashing the tot file BIN_LGD802AT-00-V10b-EUR-XX-SEP-07-2013-16G from XDA Storagecow.eu site, I can connec the phone via USb, change the port to 41 and it starts flashing. HOWEVER, when flashing the stock rom, LG flashtool skips all the partition and flashes it in seconds, then stops at 84 percent, tries to get factory reset,waits for it120 sec and then I have the error DOWNLOAD FAILS. What can be the problem here? Earlier I flashed the same bin file without any problems, and it didn't skipped through partitions , and everything went fine. WTF? Seriously maybe someone knows because I am desperate here. Already trying 2 days to figure it out. Haven't tried the KDZ method yet, because I have Windows 8,1 , and I am having permission errros while trying to flash. I will atttach a screenshot of LG flashtool skipping all the partitions whil flashing soon.

Please HELP!

Ari3sas

Apr 3, 2014
clarification

In any case I am just asking why Lg Flash Tool is skipping all the partitions and flashin properly and then stopping at 84 and not restarting ? How can I flash back to stock? Any advice appreciated. thanks.

stevenchew

Dec 15, 2011
Allrite bro..i oso facing a same problem with bootloop..i was at 4.2.2 stock rom with rooted and with twrp recovery too. After i update to ota 4.4 kitkat my g2 was bricked..its just boot with LG Logo and is was not boot up. Allrite. U can try to this tutorial. .pls doublecheck izzit u (flashing DLL) file was correct, and izzit its.match with firmware that u download? Pls.ensure tat..if that both file was correct and matching, is should be ok when u flashing. ..hope i can sharing to u. And sori about my Bad english..:D

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

collller

Jan 31, 2011
Hagen
I have the same problem!! Bootloop at LG logo and diode flshing. No matter what .kdz i flash or .TOT always i can get download mode, but flashing any file doesn't help.

TruePlaya

Feb 24, 2010
I have the same problem!! Bootloop at LG logo and diode flshing. No matter what .kdz i flash or .TOT always i can get download mode, but flashing any file doesn't help.

Did you try to let LG Mobile Support Tool download and flash matching ROM file automatically? That worked for me when I was stuck in LG logo boot loop. In order to make Support Tool reflash ROM select menu Extra Featrues and then Reset Upgrade Error (or something like that - having tool in german here :eek: ) Of course phone must be in download mode and connected to PC.

Hope this helps

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
After kdz/tot flashing you might have to reset the phone.

either:

Hold volume down + power, wait for lg logo, release keys and hold them again (then proceed to factory reset)

OR

Hold volume down + power, wait for lg logo, release keys and hold volume up + volum down (then proceed to factory reset)