How to stop 4.4.3 update notification

Search This thread

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
OK, so I am running Beanstalk, and want to stay that way... problem is that I keep getting the factory 4.4.3 update notification. I thought I would be a simple thing to just turn off the SystemUpdateService in Google Services Framework, but it was already disabled. Then I found the SystemUpdateService in Google Play Services and disabled it, problem then is the phone would not sleep.

It's not a huge deal, but is there a simple way to stop the update notifications yet not effect anything else? I remember in the Rezound we used to do a little edit to prop.build and all was well, anything like that here to make the Google Services think that the phone is already on 4.4.3 even when it isn't until the ROM can get updated?

meatboy371

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy J5
Moto G5S
OK, so I am running Beanstalk, and want to stay that way... problem is that I keep getting the factory 4.4.3 update notification. I thought I would be a simple thing to just turn off the SystemUpdateService in Google Services Framework, but it was already disabled. Then I found the SystemUpdateService in Google Play Services and disabled it, problem then is the phone would not sleep.

It's not a huge deal, but is there a simple way to stop the update notifications yet not effect anything else? I remember in the Rezound we used to do a little edit to prop.build and all was well, anything like that here to make the Google Services think that the phone is already on 4.4.3 even when it isn't until the ROM can get updated?

Go to /system/etc/security and rename the otacerts.zip file to otacerts.zip.bak

Tapatalked from my N4

R.Suave

Apr 18, 2013
Texas
I found one but it is, or might be, Beanstalk ROM specific... I disabled the SystemUpdateService in Google Play Services than used Wakelock Blocker to stop the wakelocks, been fine since.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Great news. Im on Beanstalk as well. I'll give it a shot. Did you blow through your data cap with the update repeatedly downloading? Article about it here

gosku26

Mar 27, 2011
Settings --> Applications --> Google Play Services --> Uncheck "Notifications" option

You can stop only the upgrade notification with the app Autorun Manager

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Settings --> Applications --> Google Play Services --> Uncheck "Notifications" option

You can stop only the upgrade notification with the app Autorun Manager
Note that this will stop ALL notifications from Google Play Services, including app update information, just be aware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts