Themed GlanceView

Search This thread

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
DISCONTINUED

Many thanks to @The Sickness and @Mack_75 for their inspiration to do this myself:

Thread for @The Sickness: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53066354

Thread for @Mack_75: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50283006

Blood Splatter

Skull

Sexy

Evil-Clown

Web

Rain

Lightning

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed Red

Detroit Lions

Red Lightning

BatmanBG1

BatmanBG2

Stock

REQUESTS:

Born Free: Requested by @2WhiteWolves

Just flash in recovery!
After flashing if it doesn't work go into Settings/My Device/Motions and gestures and turn quick glance off for about 10 seconds then turn it back on.
I tested on my device running NC5 Stock.
Thanks to @2WhiteWolves for verifying that it works for the Sprint S4 as well

Last edited:

android-incredible

Apr 23, 2011
I installed the gs4_Kk4.4Blue.x.V1.1.3.6Sac.v3 and the only problem is I get a notification about Voicemail one message pending. But I didn't sent any voice mail message.

Last edited:
Reactions: biglil1

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Wrong thread; whatever that is it's not my work and I don't even know where to begin on trying to help you with that issue. Hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: android-incredible

android-incredible

Apr 23, 2011
Wrong thread; whatever that is it's not my work and I don't even know where to begin on trying to help you with that issue. Hope you get it figured out.

That was in your first post.the thread for the sickness..I already asked in the sickness thread.

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
That was in your first post.the thread for the sickness..I already asked in the sickness thread.

Gotcha; I only posted them links in reference to their themed glanceview other than that I don't really know much about their other mods. I can say in the past (I myself) had problems getting T mobile stuff to work on my phone and just about everything I tried from the i9505 has.

Dig Me Up

May 24, 2014
Thank You, works great ! Are you going to make anymore ?
How do you make them ? Would like to try and make 1 or more myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 MDK using xda premium

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Thank You, works great ! Are you going to make anymore ?
How do you make them ? Would like to try and make 1 or more myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 MDK using xda premium

Thanks!

In order to make them you must be able to decompile an apk, have 7 zip installed onto computer, and a photo editor. There are two folders in the res folder used for theming.

I can't be any more detailed right know but you are more than welcomed to use mine as a base to help you learn. Hopefully I can find time to post a how to here.

Does anyone know if this will work on Sprint L720 S4 4.4.2?

Truly I have know clue. Would like to say yes but I don't want to mislead you. Make a backup a try. Please let me know. I have another apk from the I900 so if this one doesn't work I can pm you that one just to see if that works. If it does I'll use that one to theme for the sprint users.

Thank you#

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

2WhiteWolves

Dec 21, 2013
Thanks!

Truly I have know clue. Would like to say yes but I don't want to mislead you. Make a backup a try. Please let me know. I have another apk from the I900 so if this one doesn't work I can pm you that one just to see if that works. If it does I'll use that one to theme for the sprint users.

Thank you#

Please don't get mad, but I have a some questions before I do this. I just want to make sure I am doing correct.

1. I make .bak on GlanceView.apk and GlanceView.odex. Then, I copy and paste the Blood Splatter GlanceView.apk in the system/app and give permissions?

2. Then I flash one of the zips in custom recovery?

3. Or can I just .bak the GlanceView.odex and just flash one of the zips?

4. Is it normal when you .bak the GlanceView.apk for it turn like a white piece of paper instead of the android guy?
Is that why you have to copy and paste the blood GlanceView.apk?

Or can I copy and paste the original GlanceView.apk after I do the .bak on the original GlanceView.apk and flash the zip?

I think that is it. Thank you.

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Please don't get mad, but I have a some questions before I do this. I just want to make sure I am doing correct.

1. I make .bak on GlanceView.apk and GlanceView.odex. Then, I copy and paste the Blood Splatter GlanceView.apk in the system/app and give permissions?

2. Then I flash one of the zips in custom recovery?

3. Or can I just .bak the GlanceView.odex and just flash one of the zips?

4. Is it normal when you .bak the GlanceView.apk for it turn like a white piece of paper instead of the android guy?
Is that why you have to copy and paste the blood GlanceView.apk?

Or can I copy and paste the original GlanceView.apk after I do the .bak on the original GlanceView.apk and flash the zip?

I think that is it. Thank you.

1: Yes; add .bak to both the apk and odex so you have a copy of your original.
2: Yes; flash the one you want if recovery.
3: Don't do just one rename both so you have both.
4: Yes; Every time I had to rename something in this manner that is the result.

Originally pushing to system was the only method I had until I was able to make a flashable zip. Only push if it doesn't flash.
Hope this clears things up!!

Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

2WhiteWolves

Dec 21, 2013
Thanks!

Thank you#

Ok, it worked ?. But not to be rude, I don't like the pic. Will you do something else besides skulls and the blood? I didn't realize it was like that. I have to go back to the original one.

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
@2WhiteWolves,

I'm glad it works for you. Check the OP I added two new ones but if you didn't like the Skull or the Blood then don't bother with Evil-Clown. I'm trying to upload some screenshots but the image size is to large.

2WhiteWolves

Dec 21, 2013
Would this work?

6y4ara8y.jpg
@biglil1,

Lol, you're right won't like clown.

Would you mind if I added your thread to SuperS4 thread? If you say yes, would still have to ask the developer of that thread first. I posted but didn't ask first.

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
I'll see what I can do when I get home.

Edit: If anyone wants to post this thread somewhere then by all means do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

2WhiteWolves

Dec 21, 2013
Thanks for adding to the OP ? first time that has happened. I really like looking at the GlanceView. Can't wait til there is more to choose from ?.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts