[Q] LGNPST can't find Skin.dll

Search This thread

wheelern

Jul 6, 2011
Indianapolis
Installed LGNPST. Everything went smoothly during download and installation. However, when I go to run LGNPST_CT, an error pops up saying "Failed to load the Skin.dll," and the program doesn't start up. Not sure what to do here...any advice?

jackpot08

Jul 7, 2011
Try re installing. What are you running on your computer?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

sleepycarl5150

Jun 23, 2011
Installed LGNPST. Everything went smoothly during download and installation. However, when I go to run LGNPST_CT, an error pops up saying "Failed to load the Skin.dll," and the program doesn't start up. Not sure what to do here...any advice?

I had the same issue. The way I resolved it was by uninstalling the program, copying the zip to my C drive and unzip them there. Then reinstall and everything was smooth sailing.

Beamer9408

Jul 17, 2011

You didn't extract the zip extract it and reinstall.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

axel417

Apr 4, 2012

I had the same problem. A quick windows search showed me this: When you installed the various components, the installers will have created a C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST directory. The Skin.dll in that directory is the same one that LGNPST_CT.exe is looking for. Just click and drag (or copy and paste, or use the copy command in cmd if that's what you're into) to put it in the directory you are running from. That's what fixed it for me!

HighLimit

Mar 28, 2012
Huntsville AL
d-h.st
Thats it thank you, I ran this a long time ago during first gingerbread update and couldn't for the life of me figure out why it wasnt working now, but that did it.

Back to Broken out 1.1 hopefully.