[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][D2VZW] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

Stolly08

Oct 12, 2012
ATLANTA
I can't get Paranoid Settings to show up. I moved it to /system/app then used ROM Manager to fix permissions, but still nothing.

I had this issue and did all that and it worked after alot of fidgeting around it worked then the next day after a reboot it disappeared then I redownloaded it and everything and still it wouldn't show up.... multiple reboots and fixing permissions didn't help either...
So I switched to the Paranoid Android 2.51 and it seems exactly the same but actually works after the initial install with no issues but I will still keep up with this for I have high hopes and my buddy loves the Pac-Man for his Note. I'll retry it again sometime but I'm having a ball on this PA rom currently....

Did you reboot?

You may have to manually fix permissions (rw-r--r--) and change owner to root/root. You can use Root Explorer or other root file browser.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bb_tt

Apr 10, 2010
I had this issue and did all that and it worked after alot of fidgeting around it worked then the next day after a reboot it disappeared then I redownloaded it and everything and still it wouldn't show up.... multiple reboots and fixing permissions didn't help either...
So I switched to the Paranoid Android 2.51 and it seems exactly the same but actually works after the initial install with no issues but I will still keep up with this for I have high hopes and my buddy loves the Pac-Man for his Note. I'll retry it again sometime but I'm having a ball on this PA rom currently....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The problem was fixed for me after following pdinphx's instructions. now phablet mode is working fine

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
Been getting a lot of data drops on this lately. It wasn't like that before when I first flashed this! Anyone have any idea??

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Been getting a lot of data drops on this lately. It wasn't like that before when I first flashed this! Anyone have any idea??

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier, as I own only the T-Mobile S3 and don't check here often. Try flashing the new build I just uploaded and see if it fixes your data issues.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
An update is available! Now ParanoidPreferences is built-in, like it should have been in the first place. See the changelog for additional details. Flash and enjoy. :p

ming3r

Jul 20, 2010
Just flashed it on a clean install. And...home button does not work for either recents or well, home button. Am I missing something?

AOSP keyboard keeps crashing as well.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Just flashed it on a clean install. And...home button does not work for either recents or well, home button. Am I missing something?

AOSP keyboard keeps crashing as well.

Keyboard crashing means you flashed the wrong gapps. Make sure you flash the ones for android 4.1.2, not for 4.2. As for the home button problem, I also experienced that when k flashed the 4.2 gapps for testing. Flash the correct gapps and it should solve your issues your experiencing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ftmaniac948

Aug 28, 2011
Is this a significant update with the merges and everything?

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using xda premium

ming3r

Jul 20, 2010
Keyboard crashing means you flashed the wrong gapps. Make sure you flash the ones for android 4.1.2, not for 4.2. As for the home button problem, I also experienced that when k flashed the 4.2 gapps for testing. Flash the correct gapps and it should solve your issues your experiencing.

Sigh. I'll try that...been pulling stuff down for my n7 so...whoops :).

Thanks!

It just doesn't make any sense that the rom itself without gapps has keyboard /home issues without the GAPPs? I'm about to load in the 4.1.2 one though...

Last edited:

prztruspaz

Feb 14, 2011
Bronx
Strange...I have no issues with it on my phone. Can anyone reproduce this issue? Maybe you could get a logcat?

Well I tested it again and its alright now ; I guess that what was needed. Sorry I fell out last night to say this

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

born1690

Dec 20, 2011
If you just got bored and made this ROM then why didn't you just get bored and update it to 4.2

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
If you just got bored and made this ROM then why didn't you just get bored and update it to 4.2

Or better yet, I could get bored and just leave you guys without an update ever to 4.2...;)

Android 4.2 is still unstable and in early development. Meanwhile, be grateful to all the devs of this community and don't try posting something that might rub them the wrong way.

ticholas

May 22, 2010

You know, you've been sour in other threads too. If you don't like certain ROMs or aspects of them you can always make your own. Just sayin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][D2VZW] PAC-ROM LP MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Man - Verizon, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2016-08-13
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SCH-I535 (GMail fixed!!)

Original OP
    FYI we are actively updating to 4.4. Do not ask for eta...this will take time to sort out but will be worth it

XDA Moderator
    FYI pac-4.4 branch has been merged into pac github and gerrit. No alpha or nightlies yet but very soon. Feel free to poke around and if daring enough build for yourself. For those who wish to wait...please no eta as we are working as fast as we can. This is a full aosp base with commits brought I'm from all over with our own stuff added as well. Not all featured are added yet but will be over the next few weeks

XDA Moderator
    There will be an rc soon. Within next day or two then nightlies again if needed. We are staying inline with cm. There were a ton of commits push last night that fixed a lot of stuff and brought in more stability. Still a few more things left to do but they will get done.

Sorry I've been out of town all weekend at a beach resort and got engaged

XDA Moderator