Android 4.3 arriving for Galaxy S3 in October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tsachi

Sep 23, 2010
So the 4.3 update for our Verizon Galaxy S3 is supposed to be pushing out today (Monday the 2nd) to a small amount of handsets, according to what he told you?

They are going to send the update to customers with unlimited data first. When the phone crashes due to bugs they offer a discounted upgrade. Oh, btw, you just lost unlimited :D

parth212

Sep 28, 2009
Florence,NJ
So the 4.3 update for our Verizon Galaxy S3 is supposed to be pushing out today (Monday the 2nd) to a small amount of handsets, according to what he told you?
According to him he said it was to start today. He didn't specify as to whom would receive it. Its going to be randomly sent out to a select few

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

K20Z1

Sep 8, 2013
Arizona
So them pushing it in 1-2 weeks is out? Not Friday the 6th either? They are pushing it out in a small batch? Hopefully someone here gets it.

NikoSadie

Jan 27, 2013
Hmmm...

VZW Software Upgrade Assistant is just now pulling down an upgrade

"New software available for Galaxy S(R) III (SCH-I535).
Downloading..."

NikoSadie

Jan 27, 2013
Psych!?

Well, that didn't fly. It reported new, downloaded, then didn't give option to continue properly.

My bad. Never had that happen before.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Pics or it didn't happen

Hehe... understood. I plug the thing in every day or so. That was the first time the updater told me there was new software. Kies later said it had the latest. Can't explain, and I have no problems deleting (i.e. "it didn't happen").

I scanned for large files created/modified today, found this (which looks far too old by date in filename): SCH-I535_VZW_1_20130627174016_uxh23opkwp.zip.enc2. No idea why.

Go back to your homes. There's nothing to see here. <ahem>

Last edited:

gwhizkids

Nov 27, 2013
Nice, so then if it starts today / tonight it should be in full effect near the end of the week!

Let's be careful here: what we have here are unsubstantiated reports from people speaking / chatting with VZW personnel holding positions within VZW that are normally not privy to software rollout dates. I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but I would not bet my paycheck that this info is completely reliable.

Nbay64

Nov 29, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well regardless of what he said, I think we can all agree it will probably rollout sometime in December or early January. Although personally, I'm hoping for sometime in December.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I'm confused, did they begin rolling it out today, or was it a false alarm?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i guess its time to rock this 4.3 :p stock root odex/deodex coming soon :D

gonna see if i can snag this tar :p :cool:
    I really hope you guys know the consequences of taking the official OTA of 4.3
    Your bootloader will be upgraded to a Knox secured one and trying to downgrade it back to an insecure one will brick your phone. This secure boot loader means no custom kernel and no custom recovery until we find a way around it. Root is still possible, but that's it... Only root.
    Just saying. If you guys want custom ROMs, its better to wait
    See here for more info
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47800268
    Tapatalk 4 sucks
    RErickOilfieldTrash3_zpse29e1dc7.png
    I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks
    You will get a Verizon version of 4.3 TW before the holidays whether it comes from Verizon or is leaked by Samsung. 4.2 was already being tested and there is no user difference between 4.2 and 4.3. All the changes are security changes. Samsung needs to sell that new smart watch. Without 4.3 it is a no go on S3, S4 and Note 2. As always do not take the OTA. This is Verizons chance to lock you down like they did the S4. :cool:
    Thread has been cleaned.
    Please keep it respectful and clean.