Did I brick this phone?

Search This thread

AntoineDC

Mar 22, 2014
So today I was very foolish and formatted the System folder on an HTC Vivid that had cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-holiday installed. Needless to say, I no longer had an operating system . . .

I am still able to go into Recovery (TWRP), and I have successfully reflashed the build of Cyanogenmod. However, after booting, it is always stuck on the loading screen. I do not (and apparently cannot) have USB debugging enabled, so using fastboot or developer tools is out of the question.

What to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peter Teer

Jul 19, 2014
Melbourne
Pete

So today I was very foolish and formatted the System folder on an HTC Vivid that had cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-holiday installed. Needless to say, I no longer had an operating system . . .

I am still able to go into Recovery (TWRP), and I have successfully reflashed the build of Cyanogenmod. However, after booting, it is always stuck on the loading screen. I do not (and apparently cannot) have USB debugging enabled, so using fastboot or developer tools is out of the question.

What to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had a bricked HTC Velocity 4G and fortunately TWRP was still functioning from the Factory Reset Choice of my Boot List. So I tried many, one, the most sucessful, and gave me back full operation except WiFi, was: HOLICS_1.3_official_en_release.zip. it's link is available from this website if you read the forum on HTC Vivid/Raider/Velocity.
I am going to try and get my WiFi working with an Add-In before I completely forget that one? Good luck Amigo. Happy Flashing :););):laugh: