[Q] hows your xperia play battery life?

Search This thread
Jun 22, 2010
Toronto
hey guys i was looking around the forum and i didng see any threads comparing battery life.. so i was wondering how is everyones battery life? rooted and unrooted and any tips you may have?
i have a rooted play and im using set cpu but im only getting around 12 hours off battery life ..
thanks !

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

kakit78

Dec 1, 2008
PJ
www.m3gps.com
Not to being a expert here(cause am not)

but i learned the way you set the CPU profile does make alot of different, you may want to share your profile on your setCPU here... i believe others are willing to help..

Jun 22, 2010
Toronto
thanks for the response !! these are the settings im currently using i got them from another post but i think i musttt be doing something wrong battery drops sometimes 5 percent while screen is off during an hour...

screen off 368 max 122 min
charging 1024 max 122 min
bttery <10% 368 max 122 min
battery <36% 768 max 122 min

thanks for the help!!!

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

axiomjunglist

Apr 12, 2011
It sucked before rooting, in excess of 3 mins for boot, sluggish UI at times. After root and freezing a bunch of useless apps everything is much snappier and boot is exactly 1:06. :D

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
the battery life on the XP is awsome imo, on my desire HD the batt dies after about 6-10 hours, but my play lasts for 12-20 hours even with heavy useage :D

Jun 22, 2010
Toronto
good to hear ! maybe there's hope for me yet =) Axi, I did notice after rooting everything is much snappier ! And boot is super quick compared to before..

Andro, do you have an tips on battery life? Any apps you're using or specific ones you froze? I froze a couple sync apps and such but I'm' still not noticing great battery life =( today for example, I unplugged at 9am with a full charge, played about an hour of gaming in total mixed with maybe 10 texts..and 10 mins of browsing and I was at 18% at 5:30 :( ive made sure everything is set to manual in terms of fetching new data.. not sure what i'm missing lol

Thanks for all your help guys!! :)

bitme30

May 12, 2011
The best tip i can give is install juice defender.
I've tested this app on several phones, most succesful.

Used it on my HTC Desire, and went from 12 to 24 hours.
On my play i went from 8 to 24 unrooted - unmodded
(Looking forward to try now, after removing ALL bloatware and apps i won't use)

Jun 22, 2010
Toronto
thanks biteme! I'll do that and see it if help :D i hope so! i left my phone off the charger the other night just to see how much the battery drained on it's own, untouched...after 3 hours I went from 49% to 19% =S and that was the phone just lying next to my bed while I slept lol

I'm going to try juice defender I hope it helps =D I've seen a slight bit improvement but that's when I turn off 3g..and I've read most people are getting good batt life WITH 3g on hmm..

biteme, if you wouldn't mind posting back when you've rooted with juice defender and let us know ? that'd be awesome! thanks a bunch!!:D

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
I've never seemed to have any issues with the battery life.
Rooted, some bloat gone but not too aggressive.
Loads of widgets on stock UI, most set to auto update.
Went to sleep last night at 86%, woke up 8hrs later at 75%.

yohandesilva1

Oct 9, 2010
Dubai
Ive used G1 > X10 >optimus one >Glaxsy S> Desire > Xperia play :cool::cool:
Comparing all This is the best phone with android and super cool battery life lasts up-to 20 sometimes heavy usage with wifi all day I can manage from morn to evening

Jun 22, 2010
Toronto
Sweet!! that's good to hear ! 20+ with heavy usage is amazing!! there's hope for me yet, LOL

just wondering what build number are you guys on? i wonder if that makes a diff?..I'm on version .181 and i heard there's been an update to .184 .. but perhaps it hasn't been released in canada yet, i'll be checking constantly to see when it's available hopefully that increases batt life too!

gun1agus

Aug 11, 2012
I removed everything from Explay (including unmounting the SD card),
lo and behold still 100% after more than seven hours. Also don't
forget the flight mode on. Perhaps it is a "personal lab condition".

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
My battery life is very bad ! I can only get 2 and a half hours on constant usage :(

I am on build number 4.0.2.A.0.42

Android 2.3.4

Is there a way I can fix/improve it ? Im using the stock battery btw.

Has it got anything to do with how much space I have on my phone or memory/ram usage ?

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

- Swift -

Sep 8, 2011
Galway, Ireland
About a week, heavy gaming, brightness full, YouTube HD Playback ~5 hours, Internet Browsing, Bluetooth always on, Streaming music non stop.

Awesome battery right?!
What's my secret??
Charge it every might XP

(Trolled)

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
Battery life is shlt.
But hey ho, that's smartphones for you.

I'd rather lose a leg than go to work without my charger.

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
Same here my battery life sucks as well. If I was to use it for an hour or 2 continuously it would die.

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app