[Q] KFHD "7 Recovery to Factory & Factory Cable?

Search This thread

GMattZ

Dec 14, 2011
Colombo
Okay first of all, hello to everyone here!

This may have been already posted and asked but I just want to make sure. Recently I got myself a Kindle Fire HD 7, and I rooted it (because of the annoying geographical restrictions not possible of downloading free apps from the app store).

I would like to know exactly, on how to unroot the device and flash everything into factory default firmware? Reading through posts I see that I need a special "factory" cable in order to do this. Can someone please provide me a guide on how to do this, and where can I buy the factory cable from a genuine distributer?

All comments are welcomed & appreciated. Thanks!

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

This may have been already posted and asked but I just want to make sure. Recently I got myself a Kindle Fire HD 7, and I rooted it (because of the annoying geographical restrictions not possible of downloading free apps from the app store).

I would like to know exactly, on how to unroot the device and flash everything into factory default firmware? Reading through posts I see that I need a special "factory" cable in order to do this. Can someone please provide me a guide on how to do this, and where can I buy the factory cable from a genuine distributer?

Search again.. SKorpin sells them, but you don't necasarily need to one to unroot or restore your device..Kindle Fire First Aide offers a restore tool.. and so does the user onemelia. Take you time and read through threads..

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5

You could just wait for the next OTA (over the air) update.

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
The user above is right. Wait for the OTA update, which should be no more than 3 months from now. Amazon pushes updates rather regularly compared to Google or mobile carriers. That's the easiest way to do it. Just turn on WIFI every so often (weekend-by-weekend basis) and use the device, the download happens in the background.